Does "LAW" matter?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And very nice to meet you as well! I have to ask that, if one claims Christianity...how can they even claim Christianity unless they agree with God that we are sinners in need of salvation and repent of sin?
well, i know many car salesmen who claim Christianity to sell more cars. Many pastors who claim it to get tax free status, etc.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, or it should anyway...unfortunately it has a whiff of "penance" in it to me, so i prefer "rebound," at least in my thoughts.
A 180 degree turnaround, no penance required, etc.

Yes...we need to know that our works are "as filthy rags" unless we have Christ Himself living through us via the Holy Spirit. I love the simplicity of it all. For me personally, it was total submission. That is when I started to see! And understand how to truly apply Christ's teachings to my life! Building my faith daily (as it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God without faith (Heb. 11:6) so it will be strong and firm WHEN the storms come. I pray and thank Him every day that I am finally resting in that ..."peace that surpasses all understanding" (Phil. 4:7) Sorry...off topic. :/
Loving this community, thank you!
-nancy

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you speaking of Christians here?

Hey there Nancy.
Our friend ( and I do count him as my friend) bbyrd009 is a 'one-off'
When God made him, He threw away the pattern...
I am sure he is here on this site to keep all Christians 'on our toes..'
He will challenge almost everything we post...but that is good...it will make us sure of what we believe.

You will enjoy him...he writes in 'shorthand' but you will soon pick up his shortcuts.

Sorry Mark...talking about you ...but at least not "behind your back" :D

Reactions: Nancy and Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning Truth!
If we are not "dead to the Law" and alive to Jesus then what is meant by (Gal. 2:19) And what about 2 Corinthians 3:6 6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant-not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.? I have a hard time we are to stick with all these do's and don'ts as we as gentiles were never even invited to the law. Jesus say's His commands are not burdensome. Everytime we become mad at our brothers are we in danger of hellfire? Because Jesus said that if you break even one law, you have broken them all. Jesus died one time and fulfilled the law (s) that no man ever could. Jesus Himself was born under the law...His audience was pretty much all Jewish and His teachings were directed towards them- before the cross...all things changed after the cross...that is why it is such good news! :) I enjoy the freedom Jesus brings me. Knowing Him in relationship has freed me of the power of sin to reign over me.
I hope you won't be upset that I disagree on certain subjects.
-nancy

Hello Nancy, and Welcome
I will start out with Matthew 5:17 - Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophet's. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill!!!
Two time's He say's He did not come to Destroy, Annul, Abolish, do away with, or make go away. Then in the next verse He explain's that!!
18- :For Assuredly, I Say to You, Until Heaven and Earth pass away, [not] one jot or tittle will by no Means pass from the Law till ALL is Fulfilled.
Now The normal teaching is, that at the Cross Jesus Fulfilled everything, OK! But, and there is always a but,lol. But why would Our Savior say Until Heaven and Earth pass away, that the Law would exist, Not one Letter or one word, or even the simplest vowel point would go away??
19- Whoever therefore BREAK'S One of the Least of These commandment's, and Teach's men so, shall be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven; [But] Whoever does and Teach's them, he shall be called Great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
The above is the beginning of His Ministry here on Earth, no NT written yet, Matthew's first account of Our Savior's words, So what Commandment's is Our Savior speaking about? There are 613 Commandment's in the Torah= Law! so let us just stick to the 10 Commandment's, is that except-able, So if our Savior fulfilled everything! why is the Earth still here? I know just trying to get the gray matter moving, think about it. So by His own word's the Law is still Valid!!
Now you said that the Gentile's were never invited to the Law! this is not so, there has always been an open door for the Strangers in the land to become part of Israel, The Torah, to the Jew was and still is the Constitution of Israel, so anyone wanting to be part of Israel, basically had to live by their Constitution. When Israel came out of Egypt, it was a mixed Multitude of people, and God made that covenant with all of them, not just the Israelite's!

The biggest Translation Error in the KJV, and other's is the Word Law, Law was translated from the word Torah. Torah means Instruction's and or Directions, so when people read LAW, OMG it's the Law, but if you read it as Instruction's then the implication change's.
NOW concerning the 10 commandment's, or the 10 Instruction's, 5 Instruction's on how to serve God! and 5 Instruction's on how to serve your fellow mankind! Now we must be Obedient, not out of demand, but out of Love, He said If you Love Me keep My Commandment's!
God is Love, and Our Savior is Love, and They Loved Us before we Loved Them. Love them enough! And they will Write Them on YOUR Heart.
For His Yoke is EASY< and His Burden is Light. To Be Continued, Be Blessed. Ill Be Back--Truth

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
never said you did, mjr
but you will be known by your fruit, and judged for your works

ty for the sermon btw, see you next time some bit of my post that you won't reply to provides another preaching moment for you, k
???

YEs I have no works of my own, great isnt it.

Reactions: Armadillo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
like fun it is. Any fool can accept Jesus with their mouths, big deal. You make it sound like ridding oneself
Why do you not have faith, why is it we are supposed to have faith, but those who choose to walk in it are condemned by those who do not. You choose teh law, I chose grace.

teh law is teh flesh, no more no less

(Gal 4:29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

If you dont liek it dont read.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why do you not have faith, why is it we are supposed to have faith, but those who choose to walk in it are condemned by those who do not. You choose teh law, I chose grace.

teh law is teh flesh, no more no less

(Gal 4:29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

If you dont liek it dont read.
"pleased to meet you..."

Reactions: Truth and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Nancy, and Welcome
I will start out with Matthew 5:17 - Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophet's. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill!!!
Two time's He say's He did not come to Destroy, Annul, Abolish, do away with, or make go away. Then in the next verse He explain's that!!
18- :For Assuredly, I Say to You, Until Heaven and Earth pass away, [not] one jot or tittle will by no Means pass from the Law till ALL is Fulfilled.
Now The normal teaching is, that at the Cross Jesus Fulfilled everything, OK! But, and there is always a but,lol. But why would Our Savior say Until Heaven and Earth pass away, that the Law would exist, Not one Letter or one word, or even the simplest vowel point would go away??
19- Whoever therefore BREAK'S One of the Least of These commandment's, and Teach's men so, shall be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven; [But] Whoever does and Teach's them, he shall be called Great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
The above is the beginning of His Ministry here on Earth, no NT written yet, Matthew's first account of Our Savior's words, So what Commandment's is Our Savior speaking about? There are 613 Commandment's in the Torah= Law! so let us just stick to the 10 Commandment's, is that except-able, So if our Savior fulfilled everything! why is the Earth still here? I know just trying to get the gray matter moving, think about it. So by His own word's the Law is still Valid!!
Now you said that the Gentile's were never invited to the Law! this is not so, there has always been an open door for the Strangers in the land to become part of Israel, The Torah, to the Jew was and still is the Constitution of Israel, so anyone wanting to be part of Israel, basically had to live by their Constitution. When Israel came out of Egypt, it was a mixed Multitude of people, and God made that covenant with all of them, not just the Israelite's!

The biggest Translation Error in the KJV, and other's is the Word Law, Law was translated from the word Torah. Torah means Instruction's and or Directions, so when people read LAW, OMG it's the Law, but if you read it as Instruction's then the implication change's.
NOW concerning the 10 commandment's, or the 10 Instruction's, 5 Instruction's on how to serve God! and 5 Instruction's on how to serve your fellow mankind! Now we must be Obedient, not out of demand, but out of Love, He said If you Love Me keep My Commandment's!
God is Love, and Our Savior is Love, and They Loved Us before we Loved Them. Love them enough! And they will Write Them on YOUR Heart.
For His Yoke is EASY< and His Burden is Light. To Be Continued, Be Blessed. Ill Be Back--Truth

Good Morning Truth!
MY THOUGHTS:

"So if our Savior fulfilled everything! why is the Earth still here?"

I'm pretty sure that His fulfillment was being able to keep every law without sin, which no man could ever do. There fore, we have a New Covenant after the Cross. He was the final sacrifice, the only perfect one who could pay for our sins.
"so let us just stick to the 10 Commandment's, is that except-able"
Well, if you attend services on Sunday, or do any kibd of work on Friday night or Saturday, or get angry with your brother...on nd on. BTW-you would still have to follow the rest of those laws as well...all or nothing proposition....IMO. lol

"there has always been an open door for the Strangers in the land to become part of Isra"el.
I believe the law will always stand too, but not as a set of rules we must live by in order to be saved, butto let us know what sin is. Jesus blood saved me...not that of bulls and goats. Also, if we stumble in even one area of those laws then, we have broken them all. The Levitical law was given so all other peoples and Nations could distinguish the Jewish people from others. Also, most Christians attend Church, not the typical Fri-Sat Sabbath.
So yes, I'm sure there were other people who came out of Egypt but throught the OT God continually mentions only the people from Israel as His chosen. We (Gentiles) were a people without a God.

"Now we must be Obedient, not out of demand, but out of Love, He said If you Love Me keep My Commandment's!
For His Yoke is EASY< and His Burden is Light. To Be Continued, Be Blessed. Ill Be Back--Truth"
TOTAL agreement! Yes, we serve from the heart and give cheerfully as His commands are worked through us by Jesus and the Holy Spirit but...we still have to battle sin, the flesh and satan so, being human I know I cannot possibly keep a regiment of laws and will from time to time sin. The difference is that now it hurts me to displease God.

Have a great day and ttys!

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey there Nancy.
Our friend ( and I do count him as my friend) bbyrd009 is a 'one-off'
When God made him, He threw away the pattern...
I am sure he is here on this site to keep all Christians 'on our toes..'
He will challenge almost everything we post...but that is good...it will make us sure of what we believe.

You will enjoy him...he writes in 'shorthand' but you will soon pick up his shortcuts.

Sorry Mark...talking about you ...but at least not "behind your back" :D

Lol ByGrace...yes, I kind of picked up on that one...God does send folks like him our way at times :D

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that His fulfillment was being able to keep every law without sin, which no man could ever do. There fore, we have a New Covenant after the Cross. He was the final sacrifice, the only perfect one who could pay for our sins.
"so let us just stick to the 10 Commandment's, is that except-able"
Well, if you attend services on Sunday, or do any kibd of work on Friday night or Saturday, or get angry with your brother...on nd on. BTW-you would still have to follow the rest of those laws as well...all or nothing proposition....IMO. lol

Good Morning! I hope.
If Our Savior has written these Laws on are Hearts, as stated in Scripture, then there is no outward working of the letter, But,LOL, there will be that Inward working, which the Spirit gives us a pinch to let us Know that we are, or maybe approaching a slip. By those that keep the Law from that outward working there is no Salvation, but that outward judgment by the Law. those that are lead of the Spirit with the Law from within, will be Justified! through faith, because they Believe, and the Law is kept, So those that keep the Law and have the Testimony of the Lord will be granted access to the Tree of Life! As I said in the first post you responded to, the Law was on tablets of stone, and are now supposed to be on the Tablets of our Heart's, and by the way, the only Laws written on the stone tablet's was the 10 Instruction's, and or Commandment's.
Now as to other's being able to keep the LAW beside's Christ, the Scripture states In Luke that there were people that were blameless before the Law. Luke 1:5-6 - There was in the day's of Herod, the King of Judea, a certain Priest named Zachaias, of the Division of Abijah. His wife was of the Daughter's of Aaron, and Her name was Elizabeth.
6- And they were both Righteous before God, walking in ALL the Commandment's and Ordinances of the Lord Blameless.
These are John the Baptist's Parent's, Zacharias was a high priest, So he had to keep many more, Ordinances than your average man, woman, or child. the Scripture say's they were blameless???
You might have read this before, I only try to bring some thing's to the surface as reference, food for thought. I know that many people read right over points without catching the significance of what was said.
Please do not take this wrong, only trying to establish a point.
Hope your day goes well, and thank you for your participation, as we try to work together for that higher calling!

Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not written, "The moment the Law is fulfilled, the Earth is going to be destroyed."

It is, rather, saying that now that the Law has been fulfilled, the End is permitted to come.

(Although, in truth, that was never discussing "the end of the world." So, we are misapplying the meaning in a couple of pretty distorted ways .)

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol ByGrace...yes, I kind of picked up on that one...God does send folks like him our way at times :D

The Site would not be the same without him. No joke.
If he is busy or not posting for some reason I really miss him...he brightens my day. :)

Rats! I forgot to mark it down.

Good one Willie... :D

bless you......H

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T