Does "LAW" matter?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
neat, so then all you gotta do is say "i'm in Christ, and i love love" and the law no longer applies to you then right
But then we come to what it really means to be "in Christ". Just saying the words could be like the drunk in the bar casually saying the name of Jesus as if it were a curse word. Herein is much of the problem for many people and especially those who are supposedly called by God to instruct us so that we might...
"... all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" Eph 4:13-15

Who is "in Christ"?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, some people don't appreciate it. :) But, I am not trying to say anything, one way or another. I am just saying that there are so many laws that we honestly know we SHOULD be living by in our daily lives, that instead, we just totally dismiss (despite Jesus often saying to obey His commands) any need to even acknowledge their relevance in today's world.

Hi Willie,
We (Gentiles) were never even invited to "the law" (there are actually like, 613 Jewish laws) We (Christians) Live under Grace...no human could ever keep the law..only Jesus did. The bible states that if you stumble in even one area of the law, you have broken them all. God knew the Jewish people would never be able to "be perfect"....that is why they had to "cover" their sins on the day of Atonement when they did their sacrifices; year after year. Blood from bulls and goats could never take away their sin, (Heb. 10:4) just covered them for a year. Jesus TOOK AWAY our sins...God remembers them no more (Heb. 8:12). Hebrews 10:14–18 says, “For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says: ‘This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.’ Then he adds: ‘Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.’ And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.” The Law is works based, Grace is a free gift, we are saved by grace and not by what we do! He died ONCE for all. He doesn't have to die over and over again...it worked the first time :) we have to believe what HE say's about us as new creations...this journey is truly "good news".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
neat, so then all you gotta do is say "i'm in Christ, and i love love" and the law no longer applies to you then right
well if you dont believe in the finished works of Christ, than there is nothing I can do to help you. By faith we are saved, not law keeping not sabbath day keeping. not by works, not our own rightousness, but bu His works and His rightousness, Christians are like bad children trying to prove to God how goods they are. No one, no matter how good they think they are, will ever come within 1trillionth the goodness of Christ, it is foolishness.

Your choice not His.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
there is nothing I can do to help you
aw, that's sweet, ty anyway.
By faith we are saved, not law keeping not sabbath day keeping. not by works, not our own rightousness
who's disagreeing
but bu His works and His rightousness
ah, guess maybe you misunderstood that you have to follow?
Christians are like bad children trying to prove to God how goods they are.
um, and you don't think you are exhibiting that behavior right now, right
No one, no matter how good they think they are, will ever come within 1trillionth the goodness of Christ, it is foolishness.
Be perfect, as I am perfect
so at best you are deceived here--which i am too, no biggie there-
-but at worst you are calling Christ a liar i guess

Every tree that doesn't produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
um, and you don't think you are exhibiting that behavior right now, right
See I dont have to prove anything, I am a sinner just like everyone else, difference is , I have accepted what Christ has done, it is finished. Our righteousness is from Christ because of what he did not because of what we do,

this bit

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

it happens when you get past teh cross, which is a place where people die.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well! from what I understand, God the Father said that there would come A time when the Torah would not be on tablet's of Stone. Stone would relate to the Hardness of people's hearts, imo, then that they would be written on the Heart's of those that Love Him, and I would say that would happen when anyone Accepted the Gift Of Salvation, For God so Loved the World, He Loved Us First, so in return we also should Love Him, and if we Love Him!!! Our Savior declared, If You Love Me Keep My Commandment's! The World has a enmity toward being under any Authority from a GOD! Man doesn't want to be controlled by any form of decency. You can see this with the perversion that exist's today.
We know when we fall short of even the 10 Commandment's, WHY, because they are written on our Heart's, so the Spirit move's us to realize the stumble, we repent and pick are selves up and continue. So with that all said, Yes the Law still does apply today, as we try to Walk Uprightly Before the Lord! what the Law could not do was control people's, it was weak in that it was a demand Command, now it is a choice, You Laid down Your Life, an Innocent Righteous Man, Just For ME, I will do Anything that You Ask me to Do, how could I refuse You who Granted me Life, through Grace and Mercy! The Law of the Bond Slave- I Love My Master, I Love the Wife and Children My Master has Given me, so out Of Love I will not go out a Free Man, I will Serve my Master for as Long as I Live- Hopefully for Eternity

Good morning Truth!
If we are not "dead to the Law" and alive to Jesus then what is meant by (Gal. 2:19) And what about 2 Corinthians 3:6 6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant-not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.? I have a hard time we are to stick with all these do's and don'ts as we as gentiles were never even invited to the law. Jesus say's His commands are not burdensome. Everytime we become mad at our brothers are we in danger of hellfire? Because Jesus said that if you break even one law, you have broken them all. Jesus died one time and fulfilled the law (s) that no man ever could. Jesus Himself was born under the law...His audience was pretty much all Jewish and His teachings were directed towards them- before the cross...all things changed after the cross...that is why it is such good news! :) I enjoy the freedom Jesus brings me. Knowing Him in relationship has freed me of the power of sin to reign over me.
I hope you won't be upset that I disagree on certain subjects.
-nancy

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning Truth!
If we are not "dead to the Law" and alive to Jesus then what is meant by (Gal. 2:19) And what about 2 Corinthians 3:6 6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant-not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.? I have a hard time we are to stick with all these do's and don'ts as we as gentiles were never even invited to the law. Jesus say's His commands are not burdensome. Everytime we become mad at our brothers are we in danger of hellfire? Because Jesus said that if you break even one law, you have broken them all. Jesus died one time and fulfilled the law (s) that no man ever could. Jesus Himself was born under the law...His audience was pretty much all Jewish and His teachings were directed towards them- before the cross...all things changed after the cross...that is why it is such good news! :) I enjoy the freedom Jesus brings me. Knowing Him in relationship has freed me of the power of sin to reign over me.
-nancy

NO! Disagreements are older than Moses, just getting ready for work will try to bring some light to this subject, I will get back.
truth

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good morning Truth!
-nancy

Well worded and yes praise Jesus for the Cross. :)

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO! Disagreements are older than Moses, just getting ready for work will try to bring some light to this subject, I will get back.
truth

Lol...ok...have a great day and see you around on here!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Our righteousness is from Christ because of what he did not because of what we do
like fun it is. Any fool can accept Jesus with their mouths, big deal. You make it sound like ridding oneself of ego is a snap or something lol. I can give you pages of "because of what you do," ok, whenever you are ready. Meaning when you have "died" Christ's death. Hint--you won't be judging everyone but yourself then, etc, it will be abundantly obvious iow

Reactions: Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good morning Truth!
-nancy

Amen, lovely post! :)

I always enjoy posts that I agree with :D
But I actually enjoy a good friendly discussion too. It keeps life interesting. :)
I like being made to 'think'.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, lovely post! :)

I always enjoy posts that I agree with :D
But I actually enjoy a good friendly discussion too. It keeps life interesting. :)
I like being made to 'think'.

Oh me too ByGrace! And thank you and everybody else for such a warm welcome <3

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well um i guess they might identify as Christians, certainly

ntmy btw :D

And very nice to meet you as well! I have to ask that, if one claims Christianity...how can they even claim Christianity unless they agree with God that we are sinners in need of salvation and repent of sin? To me, repent means to turn the other way and depend on the crazy awesome grace of God to lead us to walk in the Spirit so as not to walk in the flesh. I repent everyday whether they be unkind thoughts about a person, sin of omission or commission (praise God that part has gotten much easier)
I guess what I am trying to say is that, anybody that does not admit their sins/mistakes cannot truly be of Christ. I hope this makes sense...

Reactions: bbyrd009