Does the Lord Come to Do Work in the Flesh or in a Spiritual Body in the last days?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
In recent years, some people testified on the internet that God has already become flesh again and expressed words to do the work of judging and purifying man, which has created no small stir in the religious world. Referring to this, someone posted on the internet: “The four Gospels record clearly: The Lord Jesusappeared to man for forty days in His spiritual body after His resurrection. When He ascended, two angels said to the apostles of the Lord Jesus: ‘This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven’ (Acts 1:11). The Bible says clearly: The Lord Jesus ascended to heaven in His spiritual body, so He will certainly come in spiritual body. Therefore, when the Lord Jesus comes again, He cannot possibly become flesh.”

This question sparked off a big controversy. Some said, “The Lord Jesus will return by becoming flesh.” Some said, “The Lord Jesus cannot return in fleshly form but in a spiritual body.” These two different views sound reasonable. However, how on earth will the Lord appear and work when He comes again? I was very puzzled: Now, many of the prophecies in the Bible have already been fulfilled and the last days have arrived. If I don’t know how the Lord will appear and work, I won’t welcome Him. Thinking of these, I was eager to find out the answer. So, I began to explore and seek with some brothers and sisters in the Lord on the internet.

Thank the Lord for His plan. I met Brother Peter on the internet. Through communication with him, I learned that he was a Christian who zealously served the Lord for many years. After we fellowshiped and explored together, I found what he fellowshiped was insightful and enlightening. So, I told him about my problem. Brother Peter said seriously, “Many brothers and sisters think that when the Lord returns, He will descend with the clouds, and appear to us in His spiritual body. In fact, there are not just the prophecies that the Lord will appear in a spiritual body in the Bible. There are also many prophecies that the return of the Lord will be the ‘coming of the Son of man.’ Such as, ‘For as the lightning comes out of the east, and shines even to the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be’ (Matthew 24:27). ‘Therefore be you also ready: for in such an hour as you think not the Son of man comes’ (Mat 24:44). ‘For as the lightning, that lightens out of the one part under heaven, shines to the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation’ (Luke 17:24–25). These prophecies all mention ‘the Son of man comes,’ or ‘the Son of man descends.’ Speaking of ‘the Son of man,’ it means a person who is born of man and has normal humanity. The Spirit cannot be called as ‘the Son of man.’ That is to say, the Son of man refers to God becoming flesh as a man, and He has both a normal humanity and a complete divinity. Especially these words ‘first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation,’ if God appears in a spiritual body, then it goes without saying He’ll not suffer for it. Because God’s spiritual body is supernatural and great, and man has no conception of the spiritual body and dare not go close to it. Only when God is incarnated as the Son of man will He suffer man’s rejection. Because the Son of man is ordinary in outward appearance, man doesn’t know Him and will have conception of Him, judging and condemning the incarnate Christ. This is further proof that the Lord will return in His fleshly form.”

Hearing Brother Peter’s fellowship in connection with the Bible, I understood the meaning of these verses, and felt somewhat brightened. I thought: In the past, I have read these verses many times, but why don’t I have such understanding?

At this time, Brother Peter said, “Brother Li, can you understand my sharing?” I said happily, “Yes, I can.”

Brother Peter continued to fellowship, “Thanks be to God! Let’s go on with our fellowship and sharing! Actually, if we can further understand why the Lord becomes flesh as the Son of man when He returns, we will be more certain that the Lord will return by becoming flesh. I saw a passage of words in a book: ‘God’s saving of man is not done directly through the means of the Spirit or as the Spirit, for His Spirit can neither be touched nor seen by man, and cannot be approached by man. If He tried to save man directly in the manner of the Spirit, man would be unable to receive His salvation. And if not for God putting on the outward form of a created man, they would be unable to receive this salvation. For man can in no way approach Him, much like how none could go near the cloud of Jehovah. Only by becoming a man of creation, that is, putting His word into the flesh He will become, can He personally work the word into all who follow Him. Only then can man hear for himself His word, see His word, and receive His word, then through this be fully saved. If God did not become flesh, no fleshly man would receive such great salvation, nor would a single man be saved. If the Spirit of God worked directly among man, man would be smitten or completely carried away captive by Satan because man is unable to associate with God.’ From these words, we can see: We can neither see nor touch God’s Spirit, and it isn’t easy to get close to Him. If God works through the Spirit, we cannot get watering and supply of the truth, much less gain God’s salvation. Just as the Bible records, ‘And all the people saw the thunder, and the lightning, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. And they said to Moses, Speak you with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die’ (Exodus 20: 18–19). ‘Father, glorify your name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spoke to him’ (John 12:28–29). From these verses, we can see: When God speaks to us in heaven, we cannot understand God’s words, nor accurately grasp His will. Instead, we feel terrified and afraid, and dare not to get close to God. Besides, if God works through spirit, He will express God’s majestic and wrathful disposition. Just as in the Age of Law, as long as people committed sins, they would be burned by the heavenly fire or stoned to death. Because we are all corrupted by Satan, each and every moment we reveal our corrupt disposition, we can easily be struck down by God because of offending His disposition, finally we will completely lose the chance of being saved. By contrast, if God becomes flesh as the Son of man and expresses the truth from the perspective of humanity, transforming divine language into plain-spoken human language to supply and lead us, then we can more accurately grasp God’s will and understand His disposition. For example, when we reveal corrupt dispositions, we will know our disobedience and corruption through reading God’s words, so that we can stop our steps of doing evil timely. When we are weak and passive, God’s words will encourage, console and exhort us, giving us faith and strength. … In short, the Lord’s returning to flesh to work is the most beneficial for the salvation of mankind, and is for the sake of better saving mankind.”

After I heard Peter’s words, I felt deeply touched. I said to him, “In the past, regarding the Lord’s return, I always lived in my conceptions and imaginations, expecting that the returned Lord appears to us in a spiritual body. Not until then was I aware that it is the best way of saving us corrupt mankind that the Lord becomes flesh as the Son of man to do His work when He comes. The Lord Jesus was the incarnate Son of man, and what He expressed was all human language we can understand. Such as, the parable of the sower, the parable of leaven, and the parable of the lost sheep. These truths have taken root deep inside of us and led the direction of our progress. If we cannot understand these words expressed by God, how can we know God, get close to Him and gain His salvation? The Lord prophesied that He would express more truths to do the work of judgment and purification. God’s Spirit is supreme and holy. So if God does this work in a spiritual body according to our imaginations, people like us, who often sin and confess every day, live in the bondage of sins and cannot extricate ourselves from it, must be struck down by God due to our sin, not to mention being saved and entering the kingdom of heaven. It seems that only when God becomes flesh as the Son of man, just like the Lord Jesus who was intimate with people, speaks and works to judge and purify us, can we get God’s salvation, breaking away from sin and being holy.”

After hearing my words, Peter was moved and said, “You can put aside your notions and imaginations, realizing that the purpose of God’s second incarnation is to save mankind, this is the effect of God’s enlightenment and guidance. Thanks be to God! Actually, when God becomes flesh the second time and does His work, He not only expresses the truth to save mankind, but does a crucial work—separating the wheat from the tares and the sheep from the goats, separating all according to their kind, and rewarding the good and punishing the evil. If the Lord does His work in a spiritual body when He returns, everyone will treat Him respectfully and won’t dare to resist Him, even the brood of Satan also won’t dare. If so, the Lord will not seize the facts to separate the good from the evil.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is to say, the Son of man refers to God becoming flesh as a man, and He has both a normal humanity and a complete divinity.
We need to understand very clearly that the Son of Man was not only crucified, but was resurrected in an immortal, glorious *spiritual* body which does not have human limitations.

He is now in Heaven as the Man Christ Jesus, and when He comes back to earth He will remain in that glorious spiritual body. All the saints will also have immortal, glorious, and perfected bodies.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you think our Lords spiritual body doesnt have flesh?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb!

Reactions: Alice Chen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In recent years, some people testified on the internet that God has already become flesh again and expressed words to do the work of judging and purifying man, which has created no small stir in the religious world. Referring to this, someone posted on the internet: “The four Gospels record clearly: The Lord Jesusappeared to man for forty days in His spiritual body after His resurrection. When He ascended, two angels said to the apostles of the Lord Jesus: ‘This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven’ (Acts 1:11). The Bible says clearly: The Lord Jesus ascended to heaven in His spiritual body, so He will certainly come in spiritual body. Therefore, when the Lord Jesus comes again, He cannot possibly become flesh.”

This question sparked off a big controversy. Some said, “The Lord Jesus will return by becoming flesh.” Some said, “The Lord Jesus cannot return in fleshly form but in a spiritual body.” These two different views sound reasonable. However, how on earth will the Lord appear and work when He comes again? I was very puzzled: Now, many of the prophecies in the Bible have already been fulfilled and the last days have arrived. If I don’t know how the Lord will appear and work, I won’t welcome Him. Thinking of these, I was eager to find out the answer. So, I began to explore and seek with some brothers and sisters in the Lord on the internet.

Thank the Lord for His plan. I met Brother Peter on the internet. Through communication with him, I learned that he was a Christian who zealously served the Lord for many years. After we fellowshiped and explored together, I found what he fellowshiped was insightful and enlightening. So, I told him about my problem. Brother Peter said seriously, “Many brothers and sisters think that when the Lord returns, He will descend with the clouds, and appear to us in His spiritual body. In fact, there are not just the prophecies that the Lord will appear in a spiritual body in the Bible. There are also many prophecies that the return of the Lord will be the ‘coming of the Son of man.’ Such as, ‘For as the lightning comes out of the east, and shines even to the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be’ (Matthew 24:27). ‘Therefore be you also ready: for in such an hour as you think not the Son of man comes’ (Mat 24:44). ‘For as the lightning, that lightens out of the one part under heaven, shines to the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation’ (Luke 17:24–25). These prophecies all mention ‘the Son of man comes,’ or ‘the Son of man descends.’ Speaking of ‘the Son of man,’ it means a person who is born of man and has normal humanity. The Spirit cannot be called as ‘the Son of man.’ That is to say, the Son of man refers to God becoming flesh as a man, and He has both a normal humanity and a complete divinity. Especially these words ‘first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation,’ if God appears in a spiritual body, then it goes without saying He’ll not suffer for it. Because God’s spiritual body is supernatural and great, and man has no conception of the spiritual body and dare not go close to it. Only when God is incarnated as the Son of man will He suffer man’s rejection. Because the Son of man is ordinary in outward appearance, man doesn’t know Him and will have conception of Him, judging and condemning the incarnate Christ. This is further proof that the Lord will return in His fleshly form.”

Hearing Brother Peter’s fellowship in connection with the Bible, I understood the meaning of these verses, and felt somewhat brightened. I thought: In the past, I have read these verses many times, but why don’t I have such understanding?

At this time, Brother Peter said, “Brother Li, can you understand my sharing?” I said happily, “Yes, I can.”

Brother Peter continued to fellowship, “Thanks be to God! Let’s go on with our fellowship and sharing! Actually, if we can further understand why the Lord becomes flesh as the Son of man when He returns, we will be more certain that the Lord will return by becoming flesh. I saw a passage of words in a book: ‘God’s saving of man is not done directly through the means of the Spirit or as the Spirit, for His Spirit can neither be touched nor seen by man, and cannot be approached by man. If He tried to save man directly in the manner of the Spirit, man would be unable to receive His salvation. And if not for God putting on the outward form of a created man, they would be unable to receive this salvation. For man can in no way approach Him, much like how none could go near the cloud of Jehovah. Only by becoming a man of creation, that is, putting His word into the flesh He will become, can He personally work the word into all who follow Him. Only then can man hear for himself His word, see His word, and receive His word, then through this be fully saved. If God did not become flesh, no fleshly man would receive such great salvation, nor would a single man be saved. If the Spirit of God worked directly among man, man would be smitten or completely carried away captive by Satan because man is unable to associate with God.’ From these words, we can see: We can neither see nor touch God’s Spirit, and it isn’t easy to get close to Him. If God works through the Spirit, we cannot get watering and supply of the truth, much less gain God’s salvation. Just as the Bible records, ‘And all the people saw the thunder, and the lightning, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. And they said to Moses, Speak you with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die’ (Exodus 20: 18–19). ‘Father, glorify your name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spoke to him’ (John 12:28–29). From these verses, we can see: When God speaks to us in heaven, we cannot understand God’s words, nor accurately grasp His will. Instead, we feel terrified and afraid, and dare not to get close to God. Besides, if God works through spirit, He will express God’s majestic and wrathful disposition. Just as in the Age of Law, as long as people committed sins, they would be burned by the heavenly fire or stoned to death. Because we are all corrupted by Satan, each and every moment we reveal our corrupt disposition, we can easily be struck down by God because of offending His disposition, finally we will completely lose the chance of being saved. By contrast, if God becomes flesh as the Son of man and expresses the truth from the perspective of humanity, transforming divine language into plain-spoken human language to supply and lead us, then we can more accurately grasp God’s will and understand His disposition. For example, when we reveal corrupt dispositions, we will know our disobedience and corruption through reading God’s words, so that we can stop our steps of doing evil timely. When we are weak and passive, God’s words will encourage, console and exhort us, giving us faith and strength. … In short, the Lord’s returning to flesh to work is the most beneficial for the salvation of mankind, and is for the sake of better saving mankind.”

After I heard Peter’s words, I felt deeply touched. I said to him, “In the past, regarding the Lord’s return, I always lived in my conceptions and imaginations, expecting that the returned Lord appears to us in a spiritual body. Not until then was I aware that it is the best way of saving us corrupt mankind that the Lord becomes flesh as the Son of man to do His work when He comes. The Lord Jesus was the incarnate Son of man, and what He expressed was all human language we can understand. Such as, the parable of the sower, the parable of leaven, and the parable of the lost sheep. These truths have taken root deep inside of us and led the direction of our progress. If we cannot understand these words expressed by God, how can we know God, get close to Him and gain His salvation? The Lord prophesied that He would express more truths to do the work of judgment and purification. God’s Spirit is supreme and holy. So if God does this work in a spiritual body according to our imaginations, people like us, who often sin and confess every day, live in the bondage of sins and cannot extricate ourselves from it, must be struck down by God due to our sin, not to mention being saved and entering the kingdom of heaven. It seems that only when God becomes flesh as the Son of man, just like the Lord Jesus who was intimate with people, speaks and works to judge and purify us, can we get God’s salvation, breaking away from sin and being holy.”

After hearing my words, Peter was moved and said, “You can put aside your notions and imaginations, realizing that the purpose of God’s second incarnation is to save mankind, this is the effect of God’s enlightenment and guidance. Thanks be to God! Actually, when God becomes flesh the second time and does His work, He not only expresses the truth to save mankind, but does a crucial work—separating the wheat from the tares and the sheep from the goats, separating all according to their kind, and rewarding the good and punishing the evil. If the Lord does His work in a spiritual body when He returns, everyone will treat Him respectfully and won’t dare to resist Him, even the brood of Satan also won’t dare. If so, the Lord will not seize the facts to separate the good from the evil.
Alice, the expression ‘Son of Man’ is Jesus’s favourite expression of himself. He did not call himself the Son of God although he was.

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Why do you think our Lords spiritual body doesnt have flesh?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb!
Thank you for your comment brother. For me, I think spiritual body has the power which is not in flesh. Just like Lord jesus and resurrected lord jesus. Before Lord Jesus was nailed to the cross, He was in flesh, of course, His flesh is not the same with common flesh. However, when He resurrected from death, He could enter the room through the wall when the door was closed. These are the difference between flesh and spiritual body. This is my understanding.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for your comment brother. For me, I think spiritual body has the power which is not in flesh. Just like Lord jesus and resurrected lord jesus. Before Lord Jesus was nailed to the cross, He was in flesh, of course, His flesh is not the same with common flesh. However, when He resurrected from death, He could enter the room through the wall when the door was closed. These are the difference between flesh and spiritual body. This is my understanding.
I agree that there are differences between a corruptible natural body and an incorruptiful glorified spiritual body.. But they both have flesh.. You can touch Jesus!

It is not just our spirit that is ressurected, but our whole person! That includes our body, made incorruptible, for we shall be like Him!

Peace!

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Alice, the expression ‘Son of Man’ is Jesus’s favourite expression of himself. He did not call himself the Son of God although he was.
Hey brother, thank you so much for your sharing. I'd like to share my understanding with you. Hope I wont offend u.
Acts 1:11, right, this recorded Lord Jesus ascended to the heaven in public. That means all the people will see Him come back again. However, brother, do u remember this one, "Jesus said to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brothers, and say to them, I ascend to my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God" (John 20:17)? I think you also can read the whole verses from John 20:11-18. From these words, we can see, only after Lord jesus ascended to Father, man could touch Him. However, none of people saw He ascend to the Father. That means, after Lord jesus resurrected from death, He had ascended to Father for twice, first, none of people saw Him, the second time was the public one, that is, many people saw Him ascend to Father. Combined with Act 1:11, we can see when He comes back also twice, once is in secret and the other one is in public. So I think God is so wise and no any contradiction in it. This is my understanding leant from a fellowship. May it help. brother. God bless you.

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
I agree that there are differences between a corruptible natural body and an incorruptiful glorified spiritual body.. But they both have flesh.. You can touch Jesus!

It is not just our spirit that is ressurected, but our whole person! That includes our body, made incorruptible, for we shall be like Him!

Peace!
i know what you said, brother. Anyway, you maybe get me wrong. I think you 'd better ponder it with your heart. I dont know how to explain it in English for I am not a native speaker. Anyway, thank you all the same. God be with you.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i know what you said, brother. Anyway, you maybe get me wrong. I think you 'd better ponder it with your heart. I dont know how to explain it in English for I am not a native speaker. Anyway, thank you all the same. God be with you.

And with your spirit,
Peace!

Reactions: Alice Chen

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
We need to understand very clearly that the Son of Man was not only crucified, but was resurrected in an immortal, glorious *spiritual* body which does not have human limitations.

He is now in Heaven as the Man Christ Jesus, and when He comes back to earth He will remain in that glorious spiritual body. All the saints will also have immortal, glorious, and perfected bodies.

Notions and imaginations

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Brother Peter continued to fellowship, “Thanks be to God! Let’s go on with our fellowship and sharing! Actually, if we can further understand why the Lord becomes flesh as the Son of man when He returns, we will be more certain that the Lord will return by becoming flesh. I saw a passage of words in a book: ‘God’s saving of man is not done directly through the means of the Spirit or as the Spirit, for His Spirit can neither be touched nor seen by man, and cannot be approached by man. If He tried to save man directly in the manner of the Spirit, man would be unable to receive His salvation. And if not for God putting on the outward form of a created man, they would be unable to receive this salvation. For man can in no way approach Him, much like how none could go near the cloud of Jehovah. Only by becoming a man of creation, that is, putting His word into the flesh He will become, can He personally work the word into all who follow Him. Only then can man hear for himself His word, see His word, and receive His word, then through this be fully saved. If God did not become flesh, no fleshly man would receive such great salvation, nor would a single man be saved. If the Spirit of God worked directly among man, man would be smitten or completely carried away captive by Satan because man is unable to associate with God.’ From these words, we can see: We can neither see nor touch God’s Spirit, and it isn’t easy to get close to Him. If God works through the Spirit, we cannot get watering and supply of the truth, much less gain God’s salvation. Just as the Bible records, ‘And all the people saw the thu...
Li, welcome and God bless you.

These things are easily misunderstood by men. But understand that "God is spirit" and Jesus the Son, "God with us" has already given up His life in the flesh. He will do it again, but not as men perceive. It was the apostle Paul who, after Christ laid down His life and ascended into heaven to be joined in spirit with the Father (as One), having committed only His spirit to the Father and not His flesh, sent His Holy Spirit into the flesh of men who were to become His body (His flesh). This we know from Paul, who explained that we are His body as Christ Himself said, saying "This is my body, take eat of it." Paul then explained the meaning, that "to live is Christ." Meaning, that the bodily return of Christ is not His old body, but His new body, the church, which is made up of those born again of the spirit of God. This began at the day of Pentecost.

Jesus said in the Revelation of such things, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Paul then clarified the time of when these things would occur, as "each in his own order." Meaning that each person would come into the presence of God, when each hear and open the door - not in a mass one-time future event as say the teachings of men, but "each in his own order", by the word of God.

Thus, Christ appearing on that white horse is an indication of personal power to reign with Christ in the world and in the flesh as though riding on a holy beast..."each in his own order" beginning at Pentecost and continuing until the end of the age, just as He promised: "Lo, I am with your always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Last edited: