Does the Wicked Burn Forever?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (watchman @ Feb 11 2009, 03:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69037
You are right in this sense, hell is not where people burn for all eternity the Lake of fire is, and no one has been sentenced to the lake of fire yet. However their punishment will be eternal and they do not just burn away their suffering will have no end.
So men would tell you but you are wrong it actually has three meanings including and age so we must go to scripture to discover which is the correct meaning and there is no support for for a burning in hell for an unending period of time. The fact you chose one with no support in scripture doesnt make it right . God does not torture people in the New earth age there is no sin .. He says they die the second death cease to exist. Death and Hell are destroyedaiōnOutline of Biblical Usage 1) for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity2) the worlds, universe3) period of time, age

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (Jordan @ Dec 15 2008, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=65976
No the wicked and not even Satan will burn forever in eternity as there is no such thing existed. They will just die. I'm proud to say that Satan will die that death. Satan and the wicked will just cease to exist.
Hi Jordon , can you gove a scripture and verse for your post , that Satan will cease to exist ?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (dan p @ Apr 3 2009, 05:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71749
QUOTE (Jordan @ Dec 15 2008, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=65976
No the wicked and not even Satan will burn forever in eternity as there is no such thing existed. They will just die. I'm proud to say that Satan will die that death. Satan and the wicked will just cease to exist.
Hi Jordon , can you gove a scripture and verse for your post , that Satan will cease to exist ?Ezekiel 28:18 - Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
QUOTE (precepts @ Dec 15 2008, 03:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=65975
Does the wicked burn forever? Lately there has been alot of discussion on this subject with a bunch of lies and misinformation. Imagine, not even the demons knew that they would burn for all eternity. They're two scriptures that I think resolves the truth of eternal damnation and I hope it will clear up the lies and misunderstandings. The first:You reap what you sow!
Many who respond to this subject neglect the Biblical warnings about sowing and reaping. Consequences are a fact of physical life as well as the spiritual life and Our Lord has cautioned us that one leads firmly to the other. It is seldom appreciated that on the spiritual level there is no changing. Only in time and in life can we learn from our mistakes and make peace with God. The trap is in believing that one's opportunity to repent of rebellion against God will continue forever. It won't.The everlasting flames are not of red and orange and yellow, but of the black darkness of a Godless eternity without the hope of change.The sentence is not of God's doing, but our own. If we continue to reject His offers of peace and love and acceptance, we run the risk of establishing a habit of rejecting His peace forever.The rejection of heaven is thus born in our own hearts and suffered in the eternal emptiness of our own lonely spirit.The wisdom of the words remains true; you reap what you sow.