Don’t fool yourself into believing that one party or ideology represents Jesus more than another.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that marriage is between a man and a woman. I don’t believe that government has any business interfering in what consenting adults do with raeach other or any business defining Marriage.
How would that look?
It’s also forbidden to marry a divorced woman, can that then be constituted as marriage? If someone isn’t a virgin when getting married, is that pact then actually a marriage pact? And should government be allowed to check for the female’s virginity before marriage, or how deep into people’s business do you propose the government should go?
The Bible forbids remarriage if a person hasn't divorced based on adultery.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure that you understand what I am saying. I'll lay it out for you to make it easier and try to be simplistic.

1. That section is referring to false prophets. It starts at verse 15. Those are people in the church.

2. Read the verse first of that chapter. Not the section - Matthew 7:1.

3. I'm not bigger than Paul and if Paul set that standard for himself, so will I.
The scripture presented in Matthew is applicable in all instances, Just as Ephesians 5:11 is, we are to reprove/expose evil, and judge "Unfruitful" works of darkness and reprove/expose them

A person that comes and condones killing the innocent unborn (Abortion) under the guise of a personal choice would be evil darkness in my opinion of Gods words, we are to reprove/expose this unfruitful work of darkness in murder

For a person to suggest we just need to all get along, while innocent children are being murdered in the name of personal choice is ludicrous

Ephesians 5:11KJV
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible forbids remarriage if the 1st lawful spouse lives, if a person divorced and remarried while the spouse lives this is adultery, to have sexual relations outside of lawful marriage is fornication

If a person divorced, married another, and divorced the 2nd marriage, then repented of the 2nd marriage and returned to the lawful spouse that forgave, this is 100% scriptural

Reactions: TLHKAJ

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
1st Corinthians: 7;10-11

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not answering on behalf of @TLHKAJ but since I'm bored staring at a towel spinning in a washer...

Interesting observation that made me think.

It reminded me in the old days, if a husband cheated on his wife, she could publicly ridicule him and warn every woman about him in the newspaper.

Similarly, if a woman became pregnant before marriage she would be ran out of town and heavily scored. Couples wouldn't traditionally divorce because it was so disdained- and if they did, they kept quiet about it.

Our moral values have changed and we don't really have the opportunity to vote for those options.

Marriage license were used in the US out of anti-miscegenation laws so that the government could prevent the blacks from marrying the whites. So that is how far it went and how it started.
Big Smiles, appreciate the honesty

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture presented in Matthew is applicable in all instances, Just as Ephesians 5:11 is, we are to reprove/expose evil, and judge "Unfruitful" works of darkness and reprove/expose them

A person that comes and condones killing the innocent unborn (Abortion) under the guise of a personal choice would be evil darkness in my opinion of Gods words, we are to reprove/expose this unfruitful work of darkness in murder

For a person to suggest we just need to all get along, while innocent children are being murdered in the name of personal choice is ludicrous

Ephesians 5:11KJV
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
I agree that unfruitful works should be exposed, but if the rest of the Bible has ruled out judging then why change the context and ignore the rest?

You may have not noticed, but earlier in the thread I suggested @kcnalp expose something regarding abortion.

So, do you have trouble seeing the difference between the two?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve already answered your question.
That’s why I sometimes feel you are trolling me, you either don’t care to read what I am writing or you are deliberately ignoring it.
Crickets!

You haven't directly responded as you did in the question regarding abortion with (Yes! I oppose it) nobody asked if gay sex is sin as you evade the direct question below

Direct Question, "Do you oppose homosexuality"?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any wonder that the baby murderers, Planned Parenthood donated $45 MILLION to the Dems last election?

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckieLady

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st Corinthians: 7;10-11

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
Yes, and yet you cannot overlook this....

Matthew 19:9
[9]And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

There is a clause... "except it be for fornication."

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7 I'll get taken away here in a minute to do some things, but here is what I mean.

We should expose the sin and all that is not profitable, but God himself will judge the wicked.

And so for myself, I pray that God will lead them to repentance.

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Yes, and yet you cannot overlook this....

Matthew 19:9
[9]And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

There is a clause... "except it be for fornication."

Does that clause really count for a woman?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible forbids remarriage if the 1st lawful spouse lives, if a person divorced and remarried while the spouse lives this is adultery, to have sexual relations outside of lawful marriage is fornication

If a person divorced, married another, and divorced the 2nd marriage, then repented of the 2nd marriage and returned to the lawful spouse that forgave, this is 100% scriptural
Yes, I agree. Fornication (idolatry, adultery, etc) is the only Biblical grounds for divorce.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7 I'll get taken away here in a minute to do some things, but here is what I mean.

We should expose the sin and all that is not profitable, but God himself will judge the wicked.

And so for myself, I pray that God will lead them to repentance.
I strongly disagree, you take a let's all hold hands and skip down the yellow brick with murderers (Abortion) and homosexuals (Same Sezx Marriage) on the road to the kingdom of Oz

God has called Christian's to put their armor on daily, be wise as serpents and gentile as doves

Satan is disguised as an angel of light, his kingdom is manifested through humans on this earth, we are to expose the evil works of darkness as shown

People that claim to be Christian's and support abortion and homosexuality aren't sealed by God and part of his church, they are wolves in sheep's clothing as the word clearly describes, my opinion

Yes the believer is admonished to pull the wool off the wolf, just as little red riding hood did, Grandma what big teeth you have

Soon it will be just take this mark and worship the image, with these wolves promoting the same, take a stand

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that clause really count for a woman?
Why would He allow men to fornicate?? Lol
Wow, this is getting crazy!!

In context, Jesus was talking to Pharisees which were all men. Thus, He was addressing them as men, based on the question they posed to Him.

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Why would He allow men to fornicate?? Lol
Wow, this is getting crazy!!

In context, Jesus was talking to Pharisees which were all men. Thus, He was addressing them as men, based on the question they posed to Him.

Maybe take a second and read what I am writing. Your Bible reference only said that men can remarry if their wife is unfaithful, it doesn’t say that the wife can remarry if her husband is unfaithful.
I’m not saying that men have a free pass, I’m just saying that you are sort of adding to the word..

Status
Not open for further replies.