Don’t fool yourself into believing that one party or ideology represents Jesus more than another.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is their choice to make. I cannot force them to choose, just as God doesn't force us to choose Him. It is also not our place to judge them.

"12 For what have I to do with judging those outside? Is it not those who are inside that you are to judge? 13 God will judge those outside. “Drive out the wicked person from among you.” 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 NRSV

I am hardly in the liberal camp, I am a moderate.
I am with you that we can't be judging people outside of the church according to Paul himself.

And I haven't been paying a
enough attention to what's going on, so I won't make any judgments towards you. Just wouldn't be fair.

But I will say that we need to be on the side and standing up for what is moral and good to the Lord, for the same reason we cannot be unequally yoked, "What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?"

So our decisions should also be directed towards what the Lord says is good and Psalm 1 ourselves away from what is unclean.

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it's my opinion your in the (Liberal Camp) and that's not changing anytime soon

As I said to Enoch, you are free to have a different viewpoint of mine. It's wrong, but you are free to have it.

I am a moderate as I know many liberals, and they consider me to be conservative.

Reactions: Cassandra

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am with you that we can't be judging people outside of the church according to Paul himself.

enough attention to what's going on, so I won't make any judgments towards you. Just wouldn't be fair.

But I will say that we need to be on the side and standing up for what is moral and good to the Lord, for the same reason we cannot be unequally yoked, "What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?"

So our decisions should also be directed towards what the Lord says is good and Psalm 1 ourselves away from what is unclean.

I live so that others may see my actions. I have seven kids and not once was the word abortion ever uttered. I don't believe in abortion for myself, but that is my choice to make as I also chose God.

However, others are also free to make their own decisions. God allowed me to choose, who am I to make others choose?

Reactions: Cassandra

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live so that others may see my actions. I have seven kids and not once was the word abortion ever uttered. I don't believe in abortion for myself, but that is my choice to make as I also chose God.

However, others are also free to make their own decisions. God allowed me to choose, who am I to make others choose?
First on seven children I applaud your strength.

Because
1. It is God's will for us to make decisions that show obedience
2. For the reason that you would not want to be an enabler of evil

Does that make sense?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe the Democratic party to be one of communism and it's just a sensational word used to try and discredit the party

Common sense would tell you that you are wrong.

History will tell you that you are wrong.

If you compare communism in history to the democrats, it goals, its tactics, it initiatives, communist views regarding the value of life, the dislike of Christians, the use of propaganda while raging a war against free speech, embracing drugs, you see that the democrat party is the American Communist Party.

My concern is a lot people would give up their rights and religion if they could live in a country that embraces the drug culture. That druggies are socially acceptable.

So bottom line, are you standing on a Christian forum, standing against Christian values?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@McFearless I'm really trying to understand your position. I think what you're saying is that you can't oppose something that doesn't exist ("marriage" between persons of the same gender). Since it isn't mandated by God, it simply isn't a thing.

Now, this is my conclusion.....
So what needs to happen is a mandate that supports God's laws ....a mandate that states marriage is between one man and one woman. It isn't an anti-homosexuality law. What they do is between them and God. But marriage is between a man and a woman.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God told us to choose life....

Deuteronomy 30:19-20
[19]I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
[20]That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Reactions: Wrangler

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christian's are admonished to be fruit inspectors in judging good and evil as seen below

(YE SHALL KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUITS)

If somebody comes claiming to be a Christian, and supports murdering the innocent unborn (Abortion) and Homosexuality in (Same Sex Marriage) will you believe them?

"No" their fruits claim otherwise, it's that simple, and that's my opinion

Matthew 7:16-19KJV
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not believe the Democratic party to be one of communism and it's just a sensational word used to try and discredit the party.
Now you are in SERIOUS DENIAL. It is not an opinion but a fact that the Communist platform of Bernie Sanders (a Communist who was allowed to parade as a Democrat) was fully integrated into Biden's agenda, and then some.

So just to be clear the Democrat party is de facto the Communist/Fascist/Racist/Anarchist party of America. Every move of theirs and every appointee of Biden's is on this track.

Right now they are trying to appoint a Communist -- Comrade Saule Omarova -- as a bank regulator.

A look at Saule Omarova, Biden's controversial nominee for bank regulator
"Omarova excelled as a student, going on to study philosophy at Moscow State University in 1989, where she won a V.I. Lenin Scholarship for academic excellence."
A look at Saule Omarova, Biden's controversial nominee for bank regulator

Only Communists get V.I. Lenin scholarships. And as a Communist she wants to destroy the banking and energy industries completely. Which will destroy America and make the Democrats a Communist regime. So your vaunted neutrality is fake. And you cannot plead ignorance to the destruction of America by Biden and the Democrats.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian's are admonished to be fruit inspectors in judging good and evil as seen below

If somebody comes claiming to be a Christian, and supports murdering the innocent unborn (Abortion) and Homosexuality in (Same Sex Marriage) will you believe them?

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
What we are supposed to do is stand by Psalm 1. Paul did not say that the unbelievers would not be judged. What he said was God will judge the outside and it is none of his business. That doesn't mean to vote outside of God's law.

You're right, we will know people by their fruits.

Romans 12:8

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

That doesn't contradict anything you are saying.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we are supposed to do is stand by Psalm 1. Paul did not say that the unbelievers would not be judged. What he said was God will judge the outside and it is none of his business. That doesn't mean to vote outside of God's law.

You're right, we will know people by their fruits.

Romans 12:8

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

That doesn't contradict anything you are saying.
We will disagree, the corrupt tree that is thrown into the fire below is the unsaved wicked, we are to be fruit inspectors judging good and evil, it's that simple

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will disagree, the corrupt tree that is thrown into the fire below is the unsaved wicked, we are to be fruit inspectors judging good and evil, it's that simple

I'm not sure that you understand what I am saying. I'll lay it out for you to make it easier and try to be simplistic.

1. That section is referring to false prophets. It starts at verse 15. Those are people in the church.

2. Read the verse first of that chapter. Not the section - Matthew 7:1.

3. I'm not bigger than Paul and if Paul set that standard for himself, so will I.

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
@McFearless

Now, this is my conclusion.....
So what needs to happen is a mandate that supports God's laws ....a mandate that states marriage is between one man and one woman. It isn't an anti-homosexuality law. What they do is between them and God. But marriage is between a man and a woman.

I agree that marriage is between a man and a woman. I don’t believe that government has any business interfering in what consenting adults do with raeach other or any business defining Marriage.
How would that look?
It’s also forbidden to marry a divorced woman, can that then be constituted as marriage? If someone isn’t a virgin when getting married, is that pact then actually a marriage pact? And should government be allowed to check for the female’s virginity before marriage, or how deep into people’s business do you propose the government should go?

Reactions: amadeus

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that marriage is between a man and a woman. I don’t believe that government has any business interfering in what consenting adults do with raeach other or any business defining Marriage.
How would that look?
It’s also forbidden to marry a divorced woman, can that then be constituted as marriage? If someone isn’t a virgin when getting married, is that pact then actually a marriage pact? And should government be allowed to check for the female’s virginity before marriage, or how deep into people’s business do you propose the government should go?
Not answering on behalf of @TLHKAJ but since I'm bored staring at a towel spinning in a washer...

Interesting observation that made me think.

It reminded me in the old days, if a husband cheated on his wife, she could publicly ridicule him and warn every woman about him in the newspaper.

Similarly, if a woman became pregnant before marriage she would be ran out of town and heavily scored. Couples wouldn't traditionally divorce because it was so disdained- and if they did, they kept quiet about it.

Our moral values have changed and we don't really have the opportunity to vote for those options.

Marriage license were used in the US out of anti-miscegenation laws so that the government could prevent the blacks from marrying the whites. So that is how far it went and how it started.

Status
Not open for further replies.