Don't Be A Hypocrite!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck Interesting you should use the word 'hicks'; I think you also used it the other day about the relative absence of tattoos in your part of the state.

(I remember reading about the writer Raymond Carver who lived in Yakima...)
Haha, I come from the "here's your sign" people. It's not my really my thing but it still feels like home.

Haven't heard of Raymond Carver though :) I will look him up.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't get it How is this guy's paranoia your world? No offense, but he's afraid of nothing. I couldn't even tell what he was talking about until I looked it up. And he's calling himself an apostle now?

Henry Hildebrandt: From religious firebrand to COVID-19 provocateur | London Free Press
We both live in southwestern Ontario.
I sensed no fear, which was my point in posting it.
I didn't hear him say he was an apostle, unlike me, who does say he is an apostle.
But not me, God has told me this.
If I bear the fruit of an apostle, that glorifies God.
If it doesn't fit your theology, well, that's your business. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We both live in southwestern Ontario.
I sensed no fear, which was my point in posting it.
I didn't hear him say he was an apostle, unlike me, who does say he is an apostle.
But not me, God has told me this.
If I bear the fruit of an apostle, that glorifies God.
If it doesn't fit your theology, well, that's your business. :)
Who said anything about Theology? I just don't understand your statement "This is my world." The "apostle" bit is in the London Free Press article I linked. Sure would like to know what "This is my world" means. Got me pretty curious. But if you don't want to talk about it that's fine, of course.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who said anything about Theology? I just don't understand your statement "This is my world." The "apostle" bit is in the London Free Press article I linked. Sure would like to know what "This is my world" means. Got me pretty curious. But if you don't want to talk about it that's fine, of course.
I mean, "in my corner of the world." In south-western Ontario, which is where I live. :)

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all my conservative friends on here this thread isn't meant to be an insult. I'm just trying to ask you guys one question. How can you sit here and tell me that you're for a free country, and then when people like me start expressing the fact that there are certain things that I dislike about Trump you start looking at me like I'm the enemy?

Just something to think about because it sounds very hypocritical in my mind and our different political views shouldn't be important enough to end friendships. Despite our differences we're still all brothers and sisters in Christ and love and serve Him and some of you (not naming names) have been acting like children recently and I still love you all dearly but I'm saying this out of love,.. just please,.. knock it off alright? It's time to just let it go and agree to disagree, because when you don't you're not representing Jesus very well. I worship Jesus Christ, not Donald Trump. Enough said.

Even if one believes in a free country ( no one believes in a totally free country=anarchy) politics and religion will stir intense debating!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all my conservative friends on here this thread isn't meant to be an insult. I'm just trying to ask you guys one question. How can you sit here and tell me that you're for a free country, and then when people like me start expressing the fact that there are certain things that I dislike about Trump you start looking at me like I'm the enemy?

You can reveal your dislikes about anyone.
It became different when you appeared to agree with impeachment, without Lawful reasoning.

Impeachment is a Lawful procedure.
Not liking the President is not a Lawful reason for impeachment.

I worship Jesus Christ, not Donald Trump. Enough said.

And why is that comment of NOT worshiping Trump necessary?
Has any supporter of Trump said they worship Trump?
Or advocated worship of Trump?

Reactions: historyb

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can reveal your dislikes about anyone.
It became different when you appeared to agree with impeachment, without Lawful reasoning.

Impeachment is a Lawful procedure.
Not liking the President is not a Lawful reason for impeachment.

Has any supporter of Trump said they worship Trump?
Or advocated worship of Trump?

First of all I'm not going to reveal my dislikes about anybody in particular because I'm not like that. Second of all, failure to protect is a lawful reasoning, and third of all no they didn't directly come out and say it but actions speak louder than words.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it have to be? It looks like simple hyperbole to me, of which Trump is the master. But he gets a pass, right?
Believe it or not, I'm not a Trump-hater.
(Not sure why I felt I had to say that.)
We're all saying things that aren't necessary.
Can't we lighten up a little, Folks?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it have to be? It looks like simple hyperbole to me, of which Trump is the master. But he gets a pass, right?

Exactly. :D

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all I'm not going to reveal my dislikes about anybody in particular because I'm not like that. Second of all, failure to protect is a lawful reasoning, and third of all no they didn't directly come out and say it but actions speak louder than words.

Failure to protect?
As I mentioned to you. It is NOT the President's Lawful DUTY to protect the Capitol Building or Grounds.

Legally there is no Failure for the President TO PROTECT" without a Legal Duty TO PROTECT in the first place.
Your stated "grounds" have no Legal basis...
And yet you support "unlawful grounds" for a President's impeachment.

It is showing your support to ignore the Law.
That is a Big Problem in my view.

This Nation was not Established on feelings but rather precisely on the rule of Constitutional Law.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Failure to protect?
As I mentioned to you. It is NOT the President's Lawful DUTY to protect the Capitol Building or Grounds.

Legally there is no Failure for the President TO PROTECT" without a Legal Duty TO PROTECT in the first place.
Your stated "grounds" have no Legal basis...
And yet you support "unlawful grounds" for a President's impeachment.

It is showing your support to ignore the Law.
That is a Big Problem in my view.

This Nation was not Established on feelings but rather precisely on the rule of Constitutional Law.

Okay so it might not be constitutional law, but it should just be common sense to go and call in backup when people are under attack!! :rolleyes:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL-
"Society Dictates" "self-promotion" (hyperbole) Is to be Rejected.

Personally...MOST of what "Society dictates" IS acceptable, I Reject!

I hardly Give Trump credit or title of "the master", of "self-Promotion"...
I believe that "title" belongs to the Lord God!

John 14:
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Men have mimicked the Lord God for eons, and because "Society" has a hissy fit...
I could care less...not my problem.

No Trump doesn't gets "a pass".
In my view he get recognition for his accomplishments.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so it might not be constitutional law, but it should just be common sense to go and call in backup when people are under attack!! :rolleyes:

It is obvious you speak from an emotional standpoint, however emotions are irrelevant in matters of Law.

Society has become indoctrinated, that emotional feelings, should supersede the Law.

The Lawful Jurisdiction on the Capitol Building and Grounds is the Congress. It was THEIR duty to provide adequate Security and Call for any necessary reinforcement.
Did they?

The DC Chief of Police had security in place, and his superiors (Congress Authority), dictated to send the extra security officers home!
The same Authority (Congress) refused Trumps Offer for Military Security support, while the Congress would be convened.

Do you know "who specifically" is the Congressional Authorative Mouth piece...
That CAN Request or Reject any number of Security guards at any given time?
You Should know...it's the peacock that struts in Congress, holds the Gavel, holds the Pen, claims the Podium, the Microphone, it's her temple.

So if you are upset...why not Point your finger at Who's LAWFUL DUTY it was to have adequate security and Call in reinforcements When her incompentence to be prepared failed?