Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh so I'm back. It's not just the metal table that was constructed by men. The whole building is a manmade construction.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Interesting dream. I do see one thing in it. The metal table is manmade...religion.
Are you a pastor? The second part of your dream appears to be the answer to the question you asked in the first part of the dream...

No I'm not a pastor. When I was there I was powerless and the only victim in the tower at the time. Didn't feel like I was saving anyone, more like I was going to be executed. Like the Jews were when they went into the gas chambers thinking they were showers.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....just posting this... I wonder if anyone else does the same?

I've found , and it took a long time.
That we can control our dreams to a degree. Especially if it is a nasty one.

"Rubbish dreams" which I think is the majority of our dreams...are harmless.
Even while dreaming I laugh to myself about how silly it is..and other time only when I wake up to I find our dog was speaking in the dream etc and it seemed 'normal' :)

But scary dark dreams , either from the anxious subconscious, or actually from the enemy...I have learned to take more control.
As soon as I find I am in one...I raise my hand in the dream look and whatever is nasty and say- " No, in the name of Jesus."

Once I remember I was running away for something nasty chasing me..right then I thought " Why am I running?"...so I turned, raised my hand and spoke the Name Above All Names. It worked. Since then I often do it.
Sometimes I wake up and I'm worn out from some unpleasant dream...then I am annoyed that I forgot to shut it down. It happens .

Ah, yes, this has happened to me too. I became aware that God was teaching me in my sleep. I was always walking beside Him but I never saw His face, just heard Him talking. And in the dreams, it was always something extremely profound He was saying, so I kept repeating it over and over so I wouldn't forget it when I woke up. Sometimes I forgot anyway and couldn't recall it no matter how hard I tried, but often I remembered.

So then I found a verse that says, even in my sleep You instruct me.

Anyway, when I became aware that God instructed me even in sleep, (I call them Jacobs Ladder dreams and we all have them - most often people have a dream of being in a classroom or going to a lecture or reading a newspaper but they are all Jacobs Ladder/instruction dreams) when I became aware of it, a new element appeared in my dreams. A clownish guy came up and screamed in my ear: you just won a new car! Or other annoying things to distract me. Some have said they were in a classroom and a jerk behind them was kicking their chair or was crunching potato chips real loud.

I think...satan knows something is transpiring between God and a soul and it makes him angry. I don't think he knows what is transpiring or being conveyed, but just knows there is communication going on.

So then I became aware that he was the one trying to hinder and annoy and distract. That very night, it happened again but had moved beyond clownish annoyances and he chased me in my dream and I was more terrified than I have EVER been while awake. But just when I thought my heart would explode in terror, a thought occurred to me and I whirled around and said, wait a minute...you aren't even allowed to hurt me, are you?? His face turned bright red and the veins popped out in his neck and he was screaming in rage and then suddenly he popped and disappeared.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, yes, this has happened to me too. I became aware that God was teaching me in my sleep. I was always walking beside Him but I never saw His face, just heard Him talking. And in the dreams, it was always something extremely profound He was saying, so I kept repeating it over and over so I wouldn't forget it when I woke up. Sometimes I forgot anyway and couldn't recall it no matter how hard I tried, but often I remembered.

So then I found a verse that says, even in my sleep You instruct me.

Anyway, when I became aware that God instructed me even in sleep, (I call them Jacobs Ladder dreams and we all have them - most often people have a dream of being in a classroom or going to a lecture or reading a newspaper but they are all Jacobs Ladder/instruction dreams) when I became aware of it, a new element appeared in my dreams. A clownish guy came up and screamed in my ear: you just won a new car! Or other annoying things to distract me. Some have said they were in a classroom and a jerk behind them was kicking their chair or was crunching potato chips real loud.

I think...satan knows something is transpiring between God and a soul and it makes him angry. I don't think he knows what is transpiring or being conveyed, but just knows there is communication going on.

So then I became aware that he was the one trying to hinder and annoy and distract. That very night, it happened again but had moved beyond clownish annoyances and he chased me in my dream and I was more terrified than I have EVER been while awake. But just when I thought my heart would explode in terror, a thought occurred to me and I whirled around and said, wait a minute...you aren't even allowed to hurt me, are you?? His face turned bright red and the veins popped out in his neck and he was screaming in rage and then suddenly he popped and disappeared.

I had a dream where lights were cut off and I couldn't breathe. I woke up gasping for air and was terrified. Now I ask the Holy Spirit to protect my mind and speak for me if I ever have a dream like that again. I am terrified to have another like it.

I am really tired with trying to figure out dreams and writing them now. It has been a huge battle. I may need to just stop. I was fine before I did have them. I have grown some with them though. My mom who has passed has been in a few, and it disturbs me. Most of my dreams just disturb me now that I try to remember and dream more vividly.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
last night I had a father figure friend who was my former pastor for example worry over my daughter. Edit: He said he worried about my daughter, because she didn't babble yet. And I said, "she does," but he said, "not that I can see." Then we got on a ride like the firebolt that just goes in loops without a seatbelt or bar. And he said he was worried about me. I said I was fine, but sat far away from him. There were three others in between us. And my daughter was in a stroller by herself on the ground.

Then it switched to my mom in a nursing home and she was crying hard and said she wanted to teach.

I can't turn my head off even when I am asleep now lately. I have felt worn down.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm not a pastor. When I was there I was powerless and the only victim in the tower at the time. Didn't feel like I was saving anyone, more like I was going to be executed. Like the Jews were when they went into the gas chambers thinking they were showers.

Normally when a dream jumps - and that's how many people describe it - they start telling their dream, then they say: then the dream jumped, it is the same dream again but with clearer understanding. It usually seems like this couldn't be possible because the two...scenes? seem completely unrelated at first. But it is almost always the same dream more clearly understood.

But I don't think that's the case with this dream. I think the second "scene" was your question being answered. I would hazard a guess that your ministry is, or will be, finding poison/leaven and...pointing it out? Speaking against it? That would be between you and God but I guess you probably have a keen nose for the leaven of men.

Take it or leave it. :)

Reactions: faithfulness

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
last night I had a father figure friend for example worry over my daughter. Then we got on a ride like the firebolt that just goes in loops without a seatbelt. And he said he was worried about me. I said I was fine, but sat far away from him. And my daughter was in a stroller by herself on the ground.

Then it switched to my mom in a nursing home and she was crying hard and said she wanted to teach.

I can't turn my head off even when I am asleep now lately. I have felt worn down.

You should not overtax yourself in trying to figure your dreams out. I don't even think you should write them down. Let God reveal what He wants you to know whenever He sees fit.

I understand the terror. I didn't sleep without a light on for...over 2 years after a few of my terrifying ones. One was satan hissing in my ear. It was awful, and I felt paralyzed, like I couldn't wake up. It helped when I understood that he was not allowed to truly harm me and could only try to scare me.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should not overtax yourself in trying to figure your dreams out. I don't even think you should write them down. Let God reveal what He wants you to know whenever He sees fit.

I understand the terror. I didn't sleep without a light on for...over 2 years after a few of my terrifying ones. One was satan hissing in my ear. It was awful, and I felt paralyzed, like I couldn't wake up. It helped when I understood that he was not allowed to truly harm me and could only try to scare me.

I got excited and it was great at first knowing they were from God. But if they are from God and I am overtaxing myself, He will get the message to me one way or another. I hope my ears are open enough to hear it. I feel deaf with these dreams. It is frustrating.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes He is giving us something in our sleep for a later time and He keeps it hidden from us. No amount of fretting or taxing your brain will tease it out until the time is right. So just relax about it all. You're in good hands. :)

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph Dreams of Greatness

37 Now Jacob dwelt in the land where his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan. 2 This is the history of Jacob.

5 Now Joseph had a dream, and he told it to his brothers; and they hated him even more. 6 So he said to them, “Please hear this dream which I have dreamed: 7 There we were, binding sheaves in the field. Then behold, my sheaf arose and also stood upright; and indeed your sheaves stood all around and bowed down to my sheaf.”

8 And his brothers said to him, “Shall you indeed reign over us? Or shall you indeed have dominion over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.

9 Then he dreamed still another dream and told it to his brothers, and said, “Look, I have dreamed another dream. And this time, the sun, the moon, and the eleven stars bowed down to me.”

10 So he told it to his father and his brothers; and his father rebuked him and said to him, “What is this dream that you have dreamed? Shall your mother and I and your brothers indeed come to bow down to the earth before you?” 11 And his brothers envied him, but his father kept the matter in mind.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote Mayflower

last night I had a father figure friend who was my former pastor for example worry over my daughter. Edit: He said he worried about my daughter, because she didn't babble yet. And I said, "she does," but he said, "not that I can see."

First about babies;
Only an undiscerning Jughead (spiritual term meaning Jughead) would plant fear in a mother about her child's development.

My wife was pregnant at 37, 39, 43 and 45. We lost the baby of her 43rd year pregnancy. It was very heartbreaking. When Martha was 45 once again she was pregnant. Our non Christian doctor gave no hope and advised us to get ready to lose another baby.

To top it off the ultrasound showed no life at all. We were devastated but asked everyone to pray. The next visit the baby (we never had any fetuses) was kicking and squirming all over the place. God then gave us little Laura perfect and whole wits 45 year old mother. Thank you Jesus very much.

Unthinking unfeeling people would try and tell us all the things that could be wrong with our babies. That we should have all these tests - we didn't. We shook them back into the fire like the viper that set its fangs in brother Paul. God had told us of our babies and the devil was not allowed to have input.

It's regrettable at the least to have Christians delivering the Devil's messages.

I'm amazed at how many professed Christians don't think before they speak, wounding others, planting fears, speaking words contrary to sound doctrine.

I love;

Titus 2:8 KJVS
Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

Now a bit about dreams

Dreams are given for many reasons. God will give the one having the dream the interpretation. Those verses in Job give insight.

Job 33:15-17 KJVS
In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
[16] Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
[17] That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

Some of the dreams, visions the Lord gave were lighthearted and even with laughing.

Often the dream interpretation is made to be far more complex than it really is. He promised to set our feet in a plain path.

Many dreams are not from Him but are counterfeits sent by you know who to deceive and discourage you. They always seem to have an unpleasant "whang" about them. After first waking up it seems to have been from the Lord. For me, after I've had a chance to be up for a good while I realize it had an air of deception or hook about it. Those dreams generally carry a dark heaviness with them.

The Lord never ever wants us to fret, worry or brood over a dream. His yoke is easy and His burden light.

When we ask Him to tell us what a thing means He will tell us. If we ask for a fish we are not handed a snake.

The last dream I had from the Lord was a few months ago. In it I was in a church as worship and praise went on. At a pause and appropriate place I began to prophesy. Just like in reality I began slowly and increased in volume and intensity as the anointing settle over me, through me. It was very real and very like the times that I have stood and prophesied in the assembly. Very real seeming as the things the Holy Spirit sends always are. I prophesied words of hope and encouragement.

Yes God sends dreams to correct as the scriptures in Job say. But correction is NEVER condemnation. If there is a condemning air or spirit about a dream it's not from God.

Isaiah 54:15 KJVS
Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

You are His child and He wants to help you, change you, correct you. Be patient and He will reveal everything to you.

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bluejay dream

I was at an outdoor flea market or swap meet of some sort just walking around looking at all the stuff lying on tables. As I walked by one table there was a bird. A brilliantly colored Bluejay. I stopped to admire it's colors they were so bright and intense. I was wearing a jacket with pockets and in a flash the bird dove into one of them and hid itself. I didn't take much notice of it and walked on. As I walked I suddenly felt a very sharp pain in my side right next to the pocket where the bird had hidden itself.

I reached into that pocket and grabbed the bird that had viciously bitten into my flesh with it's strong beak. Although it hurt so much I wrenched and tore the evil thing loose from me and pulled it from it's hiding place and threw it aside. I could feel the place where the demon bird had bitten a plug out of me. Right after this I awoke and as the scripture says Behold it was a dream. I lie there wondering what it could mean.

The Holy Spirit had given me this dream for a reason. To illustrate something very important. To underline something in the lives of all men that He has to deal with. Something that he requires us to deal with if we really want to be free in Jesus. I share this with you now as obedience to His leading.

When in our life we are presented with temptations we can either resist or yield to them. Temptation will always come as something very beautiful and appealing. It will never come as ugliness or fear or something repulsive. The devil will see to it they sneak up on us. Paul said we are not ignorant of his devices. But you must have the fullness of the Holy Spirit to have the discernment over the devil's plots. As the Bible says so plainly he always comes as an angel of light. As a Bluejay with attractive colors or shapes or voices.

The female Bluejay that tried to find a place in my life

The frightening thing I that so frequently don't even realize that some THING has hidden itself in us. This is where the pouring out of your heart comes in.

Psalm 62:8 KJVS
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

This is a very very critical scripture. If we really pour out our heart to Him we tell a him everything. Everything. Everything. Hates, lusts, lies we've told. Dishonest thoughts and deeds. Every thing. Only after we've poured it all out to Him are we free from being bitten by some thing hiding in the dark. The pretty thing turned into a monster.

Let me give a scary example of personal testimony right here as an example. My wife and I were going to church at a very good place that was filled with God's presence. There was a beautiful young woman there who had recently been divorced. I was an ignorant male then not saved long and didn't see what was going on. This woman began to seek me out and when I spoke she hung on my every word.

The devil was using her loneliness and weakness to attack me. She had determined to catch me if she could despite my having a very pretty and wonderful wife. My wife thank God was not as obtuse as her husband and saw immediately what was going down. Women can spot these situations before us men are even awake. It became so obvious that after a short time even I saw what this woman was trying to do. The snare of the fowler was sprung with God's help and I escaped harm or maybe even the destruction of my marriage. The flesh can be a great temptation when you're young. A beautiful woman hanging on a man has destroyed more lives than one. Even a quick bullet would be more merciful. Men can be as dumb as the proverbial post, especially regarding women.

Had I not been a spirit baptized Christian my marriage would have been in real danger. Praise God for saving me from that deadly web! Beware of traps he may have set for you this very day.

When we consider a temptation and give mental if not physical consent to it, it will instantly find a dark place in your life, in your heart to hide. First a bad seed is planted by Satan and if we take the bait then we begin to think about the temptation. Instead of taking the thoughts captive we water them and turn them over in our minds. Then if we fully yield to it we can be taken to dark venues we never intended to go let alone be caught up and live in. The old adage is again proven that sin always takes us further than we intended to go and in directions far from our original path.

From that dark place of the thing you hid, that a such short time ago you thought to be so beautiful, it will attack you, bite you and cause you intense pain and others with you. It may be something that can take your very life. Kill, steal and destroy you and your life and the lives of others. Only by force can you tear the ugly demon loose and cast it aside. It will hang on with might so you will have to fight and rip it loose. Only by the power of God can you be freed from it's deceit and dark power.

There have been things in my own life that I had to deal with just like this. Only by the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit and the blood of the savior can such deliverance be had. Jesus is available to those who have received His power. Counselors, psychologists, social workers cannot free you. Positive thinking cannot free you. No man can free you. Only Jesus, His blood, His word and His powerful, mighty Holy Spirit. I have a nephew that needs to be saved. At least twenty years ago we prayed and turned him over to Jesus. I told him then the things that he saw as benefits and good times would one day be seen as a terrible beast hanging onto his back.

He's done a stretch at Cummins State prison and even that didn't phase him. Recently I heard he had been arrested once again for narcotics possession. He sits now in that prison with so much of his life wasted. I pray the day of his salvation and deliverance is at hand. I know he is getting weary. My heart breaks for him because I saw him as a little fellow when he was abandoned by his amoral mother. His name is Keith and I ask you to pray for him.

If you are a Christian you likely still have things you need to deal with and do away with. Something big enough that it has to be torn loose from it's own dark hiding place. The place from which it viciously bites and attacks you. There is deliverance available to whosoever will. It won't be mortal strength but God's strength. I pray that we all be free in Jesus and have no hidden dark thing to hinder and harm us. Have you allowed some thing to take up residence that you realize needs evicting? Hate, envy, a "pet peeve" or a grudge.

Some things that were formerly pets will turn on you. Everyone has things in their life that they don't know how to deal with. Character flaws and weaknesses. We also have things known only to God that need to be corrected. Thank God He has delivered me from many things so that I no longer have to deal with them. But I know He's not finished with me yet. May He reveal every hidden thing to us so that we can work together to set us free from it.

I can easily see that my continued existence is wonderful proof of the eternal love of Jesus. I see it in others too praise God, that they have had the golden scepter extended to them. They've had one or even a flock of Bluejays ripped loose and thrown away from them. Praise God for His love for us! It is truly amazing grace. As the scripture says, count His patience as salvation.

2 Peter 3:15 KJVS
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.
1 Corinthians 4:5 ESV

But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.
2 Corinthians 4:2 ESV

Remember psalm 62:8 and to make certain to sweep your heart and conscience completely out. Don't lie to yourself and leave some Bluejay roosting in an unswept corner.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The Bluejay dream

I was at an outdoor flea market or swap meet of some sort just walking around looking at all the stuff lying on tables. As I walked by one table there was a bird. A brilliantly colored Bluejay. I stopped to admire it's colors they were so bright and intense. I was wearing a jacket with pockets and in a flash the bird dove into one of them and hid itself. I didn't take much notice of it and walked on. As I walked I suddenly felt a very sharp pain in my side right next to the pocket where the bird had hidden itself.

I reached into that pocket and grabbed the bird that had viciously bitten into my flesh with it's strong beak. Although it hurt so much I wrenched and tore the evil thing loose from me and pulled it from it's hiding place and threw it aside. I could feel the place where the demon bird had bitten a plug out of me. Right after this I awoke and as the scripture says Behold it was a dream. I lie there wondering what it could mean.

Since you shared your dream about the bird at the flea market I'll share my dream about the birds at the thrift store.

I had a dream a month ago that I had shared with @Hidden In Him, it had many parts. It started in a thrift store, and at the entrance was an ice-cream parlor. My family stopped there but I browsed the store, there was an entire row of ramen cups. Other parts had various junk in bins.

In a break room in the back of the store, was a picnic table which had on it 4 rows of 4 maggots in each row. They were in various states of growth and some had died and I brushed the dead ones away. I knew they wouldn't grow into flies, but something else.

I became aware of a coming storm and my nephew was trying to seek shelter behind a fake door painted like a cartoon train station scene. I knew it was not suitable shelter so lead him through another door in the back. It lead to a giant 3 story lodge made of logs. I sought shelter in the bottom floor with many others. Then the storm started to violently blow away the logs from the top of the lodge to the bottom, until we at the bottom were exposed directly to the wind.

The dream transitioned to me and some others advancing up a building, the bottom was safe, and at the second story was an enemy solder playing war games, we continued upwards. The third had a terminator, and someone with me took it out quickly. Conflict then ensued with multiple stealth robots who were even more powerful, and the fight was desperate.

Then the dream transitioned again to outside my mom's house and there was a bird nest right in on the driveway. I walked to the front door and a small tree was cut off laying on the porch with four dead birds suck to its branches. I walked back to the driveway and saw two birds on the other side of the road messing with someone. I drew their attention and a pink one attacked me. I held it off easily, then it became more aggressive, and I had to back up towards the garage. It became even more aggressive so I held it off with a toilet plunger attached to a broom stick that was by the door. It then transformed into a Rhino and began pressing so I braced the plunger against a parked car and beat the rhino with something else.

@Hidden In Him believes the thrift store to be this site, with the junk being the things posted here. The ice cream parlor represent feel good posts that attracts some, and the row of ramen noodles is cheap spiritual food. The 4 rows of maggots are representative of demons with different approaches sent to attack the site. One row has been banned, the other 3 continue to grow and they will hatch or have hatched into the birds that come later in the dream.

The storm was caused by the demons, and the logs blown away are groups of members that leave because of the strife.

The last two dreams are about the escalating battle that is to come.

Hidden if I left out any details of your interpretation that are important to share with everyone feel free to elaborate.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote Mayflower

last night I had a father figure friend who was my former pastor for example worry over my daughter. Edit: He said he worried about my daughter, because she didn't babble yet. And I said, "she does," but he said, "not that I can see."

First about babies;
Only an undiscerning Jughead (spiritual term meaning Jughead) would plant fear in a mother about her child's development.

My wife was pregnant at 37, 39, 43 and 45. We lost the baby of her 43rd year pregnancy. It was very heartbreaking. When Martha was 45 once again she was pregnant. Our non Christian doctor gave no hope and advised us to get ready to lose another baby.

To top it off the ultrasound showed no life at all. We were devastated but asked everyone to pray. The next visit the baby (we never had any fetuses) was kicking and squirming all over the place. God then gave us little Laura perfect and whole wits 45 year old mother. Thank you Jesus very much.

Unthinking unfeeling people would try and tell us all the things that could be wrong with our babies. That we should have all these tests - we didn't. We shook them back into the fire like the viper that set its fangs in brother Paul. God had told us of our babies and the devil was not allowed to have input.

It's regrettable at the least to have Christians delivering the Devil's messages.

I'm amazed at how many professed Christians don't think before they speak, wounding others, planting fears, speaking words contrary to sound doctrine.

I love;

Titus 2:8 KJVS
Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

Now a bit about dreams

Dreams are given for many reasons. God will give the one having the dream the interpretation. Those verses in Job give insight.

Job 33:15-17 KJVS
In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
[16] Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
[17] That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

Some of the dreams, visions the Lord gave were lighthearted and even with laughing.

Often the dream interpretation is made to be far more complex than it really is. He promised to set our feet in a plain path.

Many dreams are not from Him but are counterfeits sent by you know who to deceive and discourage you. They always seem to have an unpleasant "whang" about them. After first waking up it seems to have been from the Lord. For me, after I've had a chance to be up for a good while I realize it had an air of deception or hook about it. Those dreams generally carry a dark heaviness with them.

The Lord never ever wants us to fret, worry or brood over a dream. His yoke is easy and His burden light.

When we ask Him to tell us what a thing means He will tell us. If we ask for a fish we are not handed a snake.

The last dream I had from the Lord was a few months ago. In it I was in a church as worship and praise went on. At a pause and appropriate place I began to prophesy. Just like in reality I began slowly and increased in volume and intensity as the anointing settle over me, through me. It was very real and very like the times that I have stood and prophesied in the assembly. Very real seeming as the things the Holy Spirit sends always are. I prophesied words of hope and encouragement.

Yes God sends dreams to correct as the scriptures in Job say. But correction is NEVER condemnation. If there is a condemning air or spirit about a dream it's not from God.

Isaiah 54:15 KJVS
Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

You are His child and He wants to help you, change you, correct you. Be patient and He will reveal everything to you.

Yes. I have decided to stop writing my dreams down and stop trying to remember them. If it is from God I must believe He will get that message across to me. He always has before. I guess I felt like maybe my dreams could unlock the specifics of life I always flounder on. It is hard to know what to choose, like school or work, how to help my daughter learn and grow, etc.

And then there are dreams I had come back from childhood that most likely stem from the abuse I endured. All came back like a wave. And I guess I thought maybe these could unlock some.of the specifics to what actually happened. Like a lot of the abuse happened from 4 to 6 years old, so the memories are foggy. But I don't think those dreams are from God now...and I know a few have been, but mostly focusing on dreams have made me heavy laden. I know this is not what they are meant to do. So they must not be from God.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I have decided to stop writing my dreams down and stop trying to remember them. If it is from God I must believe He will get that message across to me. He always has before. I guess I felt like maybe my dreams could unlock the specifics of life I always flounder on. It is hard to know what to choose, like school or work, how to help my daughter learn and grow, etc.

And then there are dreams I had come back from childhood that most likely stem from the abuse I endured. All came back like a wave. And I guess I thought maybe these could unlock some.of the specifics to what actually happened. Like a lot of the abuse happened from 4 to 6 years old, so the memories are foggy. But I don't think those dreams are from God now...and I know a few have been, but mostly focusing on dreams have made me heavy laden. I know this is not what they are meant to do. So they must not be from God.

For years I couldn't remember the inside of my childhood home because of things that happened. It got better. God will heal all in time.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand the terror. I didn't sleep without a light on for...over 2 years after a few of my terrifying ones.

I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread lately, but I agree with this. I have been encountering a larger than average number of dreams that I believe are being sent by the enemy, and they are intended to unsettle the Christian's spirit. Even attempting to interpret them will cause stress. I'm now of the opinion that discernment to now the source behind dreams is virtually important, or you can end up giving your thought life to something not sent of God.
Sometimes He is giving us something in our sleep for a later time and He keeps it hidden from us. No amount of fretting or taxing your brain will tease it out until the time is right. So just relax about it all. You're in good hands. :)

Also good sound advice.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dreams are given for many reasons. God will give the one having the dream the interpretation...

Normally I tend to balk at the first sentence, as many are simply not very good at interpretation (Not that this is a put down. It's not that easy, quite frankly, and I am fully capable of missing as well). But when combined with the second sentence, I am in full agreement. If we ask Him and KEEP asking Him to show us, He will reveal just about anything to us if we ask.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hidden if I left out any details of your interpretation that are important to share with everyone feel free to elaborate.

Been quite a while since I looked at it, actually. I think that's a series of dreams that need to be prayed over, as to what section represents the present. Let me know if you get a sense that you'd like to return to it.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Normally I tend to balk at the first sentence, as many are simply not very good at interpretation (Not that this is a put down. It's not that easy, quite frankly, and I am fully capable of missing as well). But when combined with the second sentence, I am in full agreement. If we ask Him and KEEP asking Him to show us, He will reveal just about anything to us if we ask.

It's very risk IMO to depend upon another for guidance. The Holy Spirit will show every seeking believer what they need to know.

1 John 2:27 KJVS
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Having to go to the "man" the guru, the priest to find out what God wants to show you is a form of captivity. This is what happens when you have to go to a priest to find out what a scripture means.

We have survived with the help of the Holy Spirit's guidance for more than forty years.

If we had listened to many that came during that time only God knows what would have happened.

What God shows me He explains to me and I don't have to go before another.

I would no more tell you what God wants you to do than anything. I do prophesy to others from time to time at the Holy Spirit's request. When a prophecy is received it only confirms something that has already been planted in their heart by God.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's very risk IMO to depend upon another for guidance. The Holy Spirit will show every seeking believer what they need to know.

1 John 2:27 KJVS
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Having to go to the "man" the guru, the priest to find out what God wants to show you is a form of captivity. This is what happens when you have to go to a priest to find out what a scripture means.

We have survived with the help of the Holy Spirit's guidance for more than forty years.

If we had listened to many that came during that time only God knows what would have happened.

What God shows me He explains to me and I don't have to go before another.

I would no more tell you what God wants you to do than anything. I do prophesy to others from time to time at the Holy Spirit's request. When a prophecy is received it only confirms something that has already been planted in their heart by God.

I fully understand. To me, the thing I am still thinking through is that dream and vision interpretation is very much a part of prophetic ministry (Jeremiah 23:28, Numbers 12:6), and Joel 2:28 suggests that it will become ever more prevalent during the end-times. And while many dreams are of a more personal nature, I have interpreted many that were universal in their application (dreams about Trump, or about world events, or end-time events, etc)... To me there has to be a place for the interpreter today just as there was when Joseph, Daniel, and many of the other interpreters were doing so. But when it comes to personal dreams, I do find that the believer him or herself is usually at a huge advantage because they know the inner workings of their personal lives so much more.

Anyway, there has to be a place, but I am backing off of the highly personal stuff. I just posted a thread publicly at CF stating that I am going to be setting it aside for a while until further notice.