Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a sense you are correct, but who knows everything God is saying to everyone through the Bible?

Then again consider this:

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." John 21:25

Then again:

Is God limited by the Bible? He is limited certainly by His own Word. He will never contradict Himself. But as we know people will find and have found what they call contradictions in the Bible. Does this mean we should take their word for it throw out the whole thing or even go in favor of one rendering of the Word of God as opposed to another? Or should we go along with Thomas Jefferson who cut out and discarded parts of the Bible that he believed should not be in it?

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." I Cor 13:9-10

Who is it that knows what this perfect is and who is it that will do away with that which is in part? Not me. Was Gamaliel wrong in what he said here?

"And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." Acts 5-38-39

We certainly at least give some serious consideration to his point of view, shouldn't we?

His point of view is nothing short of 'revelation from God'. If you believe you have a dream from God, and you believe he has a gift of interpretation of dreams which is from God, then his interpretation is nothing short of revelation. God is telling you or showing you such and such and this is what you need to do.

This is dangerous. Can be manipulative.

Again, these things are assumed: 1.) That God is using him this way. 2.) That your dream is from God, which he doesn't know. 3.) That he is correct in his interpretation. All of which are in light of the fact that God does not list dream interpretation as a spiritual gift.

If one wants to declare himself an interpreter of dreams, when no such spiritual gift is given, then I don't see how I am one who could be fighting against God. Instead, if one declares such a thing, they should give the dream first and then the interpretation.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were making absurd statements.
So, you can't handle disagreement.
Fine.

You better be careful, there are scriptures about grieving the Holy Spirit.

I am careful.

I handle disagreement just fine. Stating I crossed the line is not just 'disagreement'.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night I was sleeping soundly and dreamed. I was with about five other men who were in a definite order inside a building lit only by the large open double door near us. All of us were ministers of God of some kind. I was the very last one in line, but the line was not a line anyone looking would be able to see. as being a line. I could not see the faces of the others except for the one who just in front of me. He was without a doubt James Arness, the man who acted the part of Matt Dillon in the old western TV series: Gunsmoke. His eyes were the only eyes I could see in the dream although I could not tell you their color.

There had been others ahead of us who had already gone. They had apparently gone out the door with whoever it was that had imprisoned us or wanted to imprison us. I did not see them leave but I knew of them and probably would have recognized some if I were to see their faces.

When they were taken outside the building through the large door into the daylight a sharp instrument, perhaps a knife or a razor blade, was applied to each of their two eyes. The blade was moved across the center of each eye deep enough cause blindness. There was no blood. If there was pain none of them expressed it by any sound or movement that I could perceive. They stood in place each in his turn quite still while the blade was applied to each eye and then they walked away out of my sight.

Mr. Arness moved ahead of me and received his two cuts and then it was my turn. There was no one in line behind me.

My turn: They walked me out and had me stand to receive my cuts. I was deeply stirred and concerned, but I prayed silently for God to be with me. I closed my eyes and put my hand behind me and waited for the blade.

I woke up.

That the dream relates to our "eyes to see" as per scripture I am certain [Proverbs 29:18 is a verse I use quite frequently here and elsewhere], but more than that is only conjecture on my part. That I woke up before the blade touched me is significant I am also certain. A story that I also refer to frequently concerns the man whose eyes were touched twice by Jesus before he could see clearly [Mark 8:22-26]. I suspect that it is also closely related to my dream.

Amadeus, I’m no interpreter of dreams and feel ridiculous even posting this. But I listen for the Spirit. Our imaginations can take over though but, Incase it may help. Your dream come up while studying yesterday about submitting to a higher authority and how even when that authority over us is misused, we are used of God as a testimony in ways higher than our own understanding. The ones in line before you...is it possible it is those in jeopardy of losing sight? The Gunsmoke one: being a pronounced individual which is why they stand out more than the others. You are last in line but wake up. What about the ones before you? Could it be in submitting and allowing God to use you so the ones before you do not lose sight? Is it the conscience of abandonment of brethren that need guidance, convicting you to remain fast and sure? If so, then you already know what the dream means.

Judges 16:21-26
[21] But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house. [22] Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven. [23] Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand. [24] And when the people saw him, they praised their god: for they said, Our god hath delivered into our hands our enemy, and the destroyer of our country, which slew many of us. [25] And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars. [26] And Samson said unto the lad that held him by the hand, Suffer me that I may feel the pillars whereupon the house standeth, that I may lean upon them.

OR it could be the “ministers” before you received a greater sight by being blinded(like Paul.). One individual pronounced.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual gifts are from God. You claim to have a spiritual gift of interpretation of dreams. That means it comes from God. God can give the dream and the interpretation as he did with Daniel.

This is the same thing as saying that if a person moves in one spiritual gift than he should be expected to move in every other spiritual gift. It is a fallacy. 1st Corinthians 12:8, ᾧ μὲν γὰρ διὰ τοῦ Πνεύματος δίδοται λόγος σοφίας, ἄλλῳ δὲ λόγος γνώσεως κατὰ τὸ αὐτὸ Πνεῦμα = "For to one is being given word of wisdom, [and] to another word of knowledge according to the same Spirit." Why would you think that a person has all the gifts or has none of them? This runs completely contrary to Paul's teachings on the spiritual gifts.

Forgive me for wearing down, but I think I'll just redraw focus to this part for now.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the same thing as saying that if a person moves in one spiritual gift than he should be expected to move in every other spiritual gift. It is a fallacy. 1st Corinthians 12:8, ᾧ μὲν γὰρ διὰ τοῦ Πνεύματος δίδοται λόγος σοφίας, ἄλλῳ δὲ λόγος γνώσεως κατὰ τὸ αὐτὸ Πνεῦμα = "For to one is being given word of wisdom, [and] to another word of knowledge according to the same Spirit." Why would you think that a person has all the gifts or has none of them? This runs completely contrary to Paul's teachings on the spiritual gifts.

Forgive me for wearing down, but I think I'll just redraw focus to this part for now.

There is nothing to indicate that interpretation of dreams is a spiritual gift. So I am not saying you are moving in a spiritual gift and should be expected to move to another.

Every believer has a gift of the Holy Spirit. At least one, some have more.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who made you sheriff?

Is it absurd? You bet it is. But no more absurd then the claim of having a gift of 'dream interpretation'. There is a true miraculous knowing and walking with God via the Holy Ghost and the written Word, the Bible. To add to that is to invite error and trouble later.

Stranger

Oh come on Stranger :rolleyes:

Who spat in your oatmeal this morning ? You are just arguing for arguing sake.
It doesn't matter a fig who Hidden In Him tells us that he is...even if he told us he was The Pied Piper...unless the people feel a witness to things that he shares, (and has shared in almost 700 posts) ...it doesn't matter a hill of beans whether he says that he has a gift or not...the 'witness and value' is only if people also see that in him and confirm it.

ONCE in scripture did someone ( King Neb) asked for the dream and the interpretation. You can't build a doctrine on one incident in the bible...if so then no one would need to buy oil....we could say- " This is in the bible so this is how it must always be...get many bottles and pour your last little bit out and supernaturally fill them all. " o_O

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His point of view is nothing short of 'revelation from God'. If you believe you have a dream from God, and you believe he has a gift of interpretation of dreams which is from God, then his interpretation is nothing short of revelation. God is telling you or showing you such and such and this is what you need to do.

This is dangerous. Can be manipulative.

Again, these things are assumed: 1.) That God is using him this way. 2.) That your dream is from God, which he doesn't know. 3.) That he is correct in his interpretation. All of which are in light of the fact that God does not list dream interpretation as a spiritual gift.

If one wants to declare himself an interpreter of dreams, when no such spiritual gift is given, then I don't see how I am one who could be fighting against God. Instead, if one declares such a thing, they should give the dream first and then the interpretation.

Stranger
Listening to any Bible teacher or preacher online or offline can be dangerous. Our solution to this problem should be here:

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:3-5

If we are sheep we should certainly be hearing the His voice rather than a voice of strangers. God does speak through people but there are deceivers who say they are of God when they are not. His sheep know the difference.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listening to any Bible teacher or preacher online or offline can be dangerous. Our solution to this problem should be here:

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:3-5

If we are sheep we should certainly be hearing the His voice rather than a voice of strangers. God does speak through people but there are deceivers who say they are of God when they are not. His sheep know the difference.

Then you should not raise an opposing voice toward any doctrine you encounter on a forum. Because God's sheep know His voice.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you should not raise an opposing voice toward any doctrine you encounter on a forum. Because God's sheep know His voice.

Stranger
Ideally no one should, but in fact that is not the way that it is. Some are either not sheep or they ignoring what they are hearing. I strive just to keep myself in the sheep fold. I help others when and if I as can as God allows or requires.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Terms? =

I know a lovely godly lady who has the gift /anointing or whatever the term is..of healing legs. Broken ankles, broken legs , and anything majorly wrong with legs.
So she doesn't lay hands on people and see them healed or anything else..but where legs are concerned "she has it" whatever it is.

I would say a Gift of healing usually sees many varieties of healing for the natural body. Maybe she just has the faith for legs and nothing else...no idea.
She wont say she has the 'gift of healing' because hers is limited to legs.

All I know and care about is that God uses his people to minister to other people. Lets just call it "special anointing" if people get legalistic about what is a gift and what is not!!
In my book, legalism always hinders and blocks the anointing of the Lord...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ideally no one should, but in fact that is not the way that it is. Some are either not sheep or they ignoring what they are hearing. I strive just to keep myself in the sheep fold. I help others when and if I as can as God allows or requires.

My opinion sir, is that you play the middle of the road too much.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My opinion sir, is that you play the middle of the road too much.

Stranger
Middle of the road, is it? No as that is the way of the lukewarm who are spit out. I go rather to do the hot works on the Lord's side. It is really not a popular way among carnal men bearing the Christian label, but it is the way we all should choose. I guess that you will still disagree with me but that is of course your privilege.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then let's try agreeing to terms again. If it is not a gift then what is it?

Have you not been able to understand my view of this? Yet, you are an interpreter of dreams?

It is you claiming something that God did not. Whether by error or purpose I do not know. You ask, 'what is it'? It isn't anything as it doesn't exist. This means your interpretations are from you. As I said before, I can give interpretation to any one who tells me their dream. And I can make them sound so spiritual. So?

The terms are this. The gift of interpretation of dreams does not exist. Can you agree?

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus, I’m no interpreter of dreams and feel ridiculous even posting this. But I listen for the Spirit. Our imaginations can take over though but, Incase it may help. Your dream come up while studying yesterday about submitting to a higher authority and how even when that authority over us is misused, we are used of God as a testimony in ways higher than our own understanding. The ones in line before you...is it possible it is those in jeopardy of losing sight? The Gunsmoke one: being a pronounced individual which is why they stand out more than the others. You are last in line but wake up. What about the ones before you? Could it be in submitting and allowing God to use you so the ones before you do not lose sight? Is it the conscience of abandonment of brethren that need guidance, convicting you to remain fast and sure? If so, then you already know what the dream means.

Judges 16:21-26
[21] But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house. [22] Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven. [23] Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand. [24] And when the people saw him, they praised their god: for they said, Our god hath delivered into our hands our enemy, and the destroyer of our country, which slew many of us. [25] And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars. [26] And Samson said unto the lad that held him by the hand, Suffer me that I may feel the pillars whereupon the house standeth, that I may lean upon them.

OR it could be the “ministers” before you received a greater sight by being blinded(like Paul.). One individual pronounced.
Thank you for this. I have made copies of all the input I have received on this. There is much more involved that I have not said about my personal situation offline. I will not presently openly speak of it all here. In any case I am studying and praying for the Lord's guidance with regard to the real problem of which my dream may involve. Perhaps eventually I will be able to tell some of it here. You may talk to Helen @"ByGrace" about it privately. She knows a lot about it and has my permission to tell you.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Terms? =

I know a lovely godly lady who has the gift /anointing or whatever the term is..of healing legs. Broken ankles, broken legs , and anything majorly wrong with legs.
So she doesn't lay hands on people and see them healed or anything else..but where legs are concerned "she has it" whatever it is.

I would say a Gift of healing usually sees many varieties of healing for the natural body. Maybe she just has the faith for legs and nothing else...no idea.
She wont say she has the 'gift of healing' because hers is limited to legs.

All I know and care about is that God uses his people to minister to other people. Lets just call it "special anointing" if people get legalistic about what is a gift and what is not!!
In my book, legalism always hinders and blocks the anointing of the Lord...

"Special anointing" might be acceptable I suppose, LoL. I'd still call it a particular gift. And this is yet another instance of how not all the gifts that exist are listed in scripture. There were some mentioned within scripture itself that are not included in the lists.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not been able to understand my view of this? Yet, you are an interpreter of dreams?

It is you claiming something that God did not. Whether by error or purpose I do not know. You ask, 'what is it'? It isn't anything as it doesn't exist. This means your interpretations are from you. As I said before, I can give interpretation to any one who tells me their dream. And I can make them sound so spiritual. So?

The terms are this. The gift of interpretation of dreams does not exist. Can you agree?

Stranger

Playing games again, and after denying it...

Forget it, Stranger. When you mature enough to take these conversations seriously I will engage you in your comments again. Until then, you are worthy only of being ignored. You don't engage in serious debate; you engage in childish little tricks and expect people to entertain you in your spiritual immaturity.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for this. I have made copies of all the input I have received on this. There is much more involved that I have not said about my personal situation offline. I will not presently openly speak of it all here. In any case I am studying and praying for the Lord's guidance with regard to the real problem of which my dream may involve. Perhaps eventually I will be able to tell some of it here. You may talk to Helen @"ByGrace" about it privately. She knows a lot about it and has my permission to tell you.

It is not necessary for me to know what is personal to you. I will pray He shows you clearly the direction to take and have no doubt He will.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a dream I had about 4 years after I became a Christian in 1980.

My wife and I are walking on a sidewalk towards a very large church.
I am in a wheelchair and my wife is pushing the wheelchair.
We go into the church, many many people in there, 1000's of people.
We work our way up front because I want prayer and expect healing.
There is a very large podium up front with all kinds of machinery, looks like a very large control room at an oil refinery or something like it.
Many bells and other noises, steam going up every where.
People go up on the stage or podium, and some guys in fancy suites are pushing people through a door into a very large machine.
The door closes and these fancy dressed guys are pulling on handles and pushing buttons.
It's a "healing machine" with a "salvation section".
People fly out of it at the other end.
It's all very loud in there and disorganized, people yelling, screaming, running.....total chaos.
I don't like what I'm seeing and I tell my wife to push me out of there.
Back out in the parking lot we make a left turn and we end up on a gravel road with a wooden sidewalk next to it.
We get on the sidewalk and start going for about half an hour when we see a very small church.
She pushes me into that little church. Only a few people there with an old pastor and a few elders.
We get up front and the pastor and elders annoint me with oil and lay hands on me.
I'm instantly healed and get out of the wheelchair. Praising God.

So that's my dream.
I never was in a wheelchair during my life.
We are both 72 years old.
I have had more dreams and I will share them later some time.
I also have a story about meeting a demon and how I was baptized with the Holy Spirit. And a few miracles.
(More on that later when I have time.)

Cheers, and God bless you.
I've had dreams similar to this and have read dreams of others similar to this. When I say similar, I mean in meaning, not content. The message is: come out of her my people.

My own dream like this was only in symbols. There was a large letter that looked like a T. Under it was a smaller T. The smaller T separated from the larger T and became a completely different symbol. But the meaning was the same as your dream.

In my opinion.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a dream back in 2005. I saw a bunch of cartoony looking skeletons walking around in an arid place. God without bodily form had brought me there to show me that, I asked him a rhetorical question "Who will save them?"

I was then brought to the top of a very tall futuristic looking windowless skyscraper by elevator. I arrived on one of the upper floors and two women sat behind a metal table and presented me with a glass of water while I was waiting. I took the water and immediately realized it was poison. I was angry they were trying to poison me and threw it in their faces, which quickly melted. They attacked me with inhuman speed and ferocity. I awoke feeling wounded in spirit like I had never experienced before.

Interesting dream. I do see one thing in it. The metal table is manmade...religion.
Are you a pastor? The second part of your dream appears to be the answer to the question you asked in the first part of the dream...