Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I've found , and it took a long time.
That we can control our dreams to a degree. Especially if it is a nasty one.

Yes, when I was younger I had a lot more nightmares. I found If I went to bed with the thought on my mind that I am dreaming it would alert me to take control when the dream started. To wake up I would do some sort of signature gesture. My nightmares are so infrequent now I don't bother, and things I would consider scary before don't bother me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard dreams from different people that contain the same message or imagery? It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for God, I'm sure it would get your attention.

Several times, and it is very much in line with the way God talks. I liken it to what I like to call "mechanic speak." If a mechanic says to another mechanic, "Change the alternator," it means a series of about 10 steps that you have to follow to complete the process. But because they both understand what the phrase means, all he has to say are three words, because they essentially will mean the same thing every time. You see this again and again with dream symbolism. Many symbols get repeatedly used by nearly everyone and mean the same things every time. But you have to always keep your mind open to the possibility that the symbolism can mean something else on occasion when the context is different. This is why I have a problem with those who like to go by "Christian dream dictionaries." Context is king, and those who are not very careful and just assume something always means "this" can sometimes make big mistakes.
How often is a dream something personal vs being intended for the larger body of believers?

At current... maybe 85% personal and 15% universal, which is disappointing but necessary I suppose. I would prefer interpreting universal dreams on a more frequent basis, as these are more useful and important to all Christians in general. But if allowed to share personal dreams, many of these also have important lessons to teach as well.

Good questions.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....just posting this... I wonder if anyone else does the same?

I've found , and it took a long time.
That we can control our dreams to a degree. Especially if it is a nasty one.

This is called "lucid dreaming." While I still have not reached a verdict on it yet, I'm not the wildest fan of pursuing this practice, as it seems to allow for personally interfering with what God is trying to communicate. Now, I will say that dreams from God can often have such an effect on you that they almost compel you to act in certain ways. But I wouldn't classify that so much as lucid dreaming as simply having a dream where the Spirit brought you to a place where He would force you to "react" a certain way, or fail to and learn a lesson by it.
"Rubbish dreams" which I think is the majority of our dreams...are harmless.
Even while dreaming I laugh to myself about how silly it is..and other time only when I wake up to I find our dog was speaking in the dream etc and it seemed 'normal' :)

LoL. Your dog might have heard a sermon on Balaam's donkey and felt left out, so God showed him favor and moved him to do likewise.

What did he say? "I want more sausage!" :)

Again, about rubbish dreams, I try not to classify like this anymore. Too easy to dismiss dreams simply on the basis of being too bizarre, when in reality such dreams are often from God.
But scary dark dreams , either from the anxious subconscious, or actually from the enemy...I have learned to take more control.
As soon as I find I am in one...I raise my hand in the dream look and whatever is nasty and say- " No, in the name of Jesus."

Now I've seen dreams like this where the person reacted the same way, and it ended up being a lesson in fortitude, i.e. standing against the enemy. Again, this may be less lucid than one presupposes.
Once I remember I was running away for something nasty chasing me..right then I thought " Why am I running?"...so I turned, raised my hand and spoke the Name Above All Names. It worked. Since then I often do it.
Sometimes I wake up and I'm worn out from some unpleasant dream...then I am annoyed that I forgot to shut it down. It happens .

I used to have similar ones. I had one where I was being terrorized by some people until I turned around and rebuked them in the name of Jesus. Their faces all of a sudden melted away, and their skulls were left screaming, with glowing red eyes. You feel a sense of victory when you do this and a sense of cowardice and defeat when you don't, so I take such dreams to be lessons in adopting the habit of always rebuking Satan, even in sleep, as a form of spiritual reflex if you will.

Reactions: Josho and Helen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
At current... maybe 85% personal and 15% universal, which is disappointing but necessary I suppose. I would prefer interpreting universal dreams on a more frequent basis, as these are more useful and important to all Christians in general. But if allowed to share personal dreams, many of these also have important lessons to teach as well.

I figured the ratio would be pretty skewed towards personal edification.
About those universal audience dreams would they be given to someone in a position of authority?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About those universal audience dreams would they be given to someone in a position of authority?

Not necessarily, in fact rarely, which may be confusing to some people. The Lord uses whomsoever He will, and He will often choose someone whom most consider to be a spiritual nobody.

Another complexity about universal dreams is that even the person who receives them is not always prepared to believe God could use them in such a profound way. They sometimes go utterly silent on me. Others will say, "It's just a little dream. Why are you making such a big deal out of it?" I tell them, "I'm just telling you what it means" (and usually am getting full confirmation on it from other things I know and hear). It's as if they can't fathom being used so much, and in such a simple way, possibly made too insecure by the commonly assumed notion that "dreams are just dreams."

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Others will say, "It's just a little dream. Why are you making such a big deal out of it?" I tell them, "I'm just telling you what it means"

I should also qualify that this has happened when the interpretation was distinctly negative, and in a middle ground between personal and universal (it was about how a spirit of greed operating in a beloved Pastor's wife was slowly destroying the ministry, and leading their members and leadership to keep departing to form churches elsewhere. It was not something the person who had the dream wanted to hear).

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is called "lucid dreaming." While I still have not reached a verdict on it yet, I'm not the wildest fan of pursuing this practice, as it seems to allow for personally interfering with what God is trying to communicate. Now, I will say that dreams from God can often have such an effect on you that they almost compel you to act in certain ways. But I wouldn't classify that so much as lucid dreaming as simply having a dream where the Spirit brought you to a place where He would force you to "react" a certain way, or fail to and learn a lesson by it.

LoL. Your dog might have heard a sermon on Balaam's donkey and felt left out, so God showed him favor and moved him to do likewise.

What did he say? "I want more sausage!" :)

Again, about rubbish dreams, I try not to classify like this anymore. Too easy to dismiss dreams simply on the basis of being too bizarre, when in reality such dreams are often from God.

Now I've seen dreams like this where the person reacted the same way, and it ended up being a lesson in fortitude, i.e. standing against the enemy. Again, this may be less lucid than one presupposes.

I used to have similar ones. I had one where I was being terrorized by some people until I turned around and rebuked them in the name of Jesus. Their faces all of a sudden melted away, and their skulls were left screaming, with glowing red eyes. You feel a sense of victory when you do this and a sense of cowardice and defeat when you don't, so I take such dreams to be lessons in adopting the habit of always rebuking Satan, even in sleep, as a form of spiritual reflex if you will.

Thanks for the comments...I'm going to read it over again now. :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then this is the second dream you've received about persecuted Christians. France, like other parts of Europe, has a growing problem with Islamic attacks upon infidels, and they have an especially bad problem with Christians. A fox's natural tendency is to flee rather than fight, so what the dream suggests is that when persecution comes the church there is going to flee rather than stand for Christ.

This attacker was Muslim:
Paris attacker 'shouting Allahu akbar' shot dead by police after stabbing victims in street

And the French have something of a reputation of being cowardly; a reputation based partly in fact:
6 Reasons Why Frenchmen Have A Cowardly Reputation – Return Of Kings

Very interesting that you should receive warnings about the potential persecution of Christians in foreign lands...
What do you consider your calling to be?

What do I? well not so much about what do I consider my calling to be, at the moment I am upholsterer at a place God led me to. But in the Spiritual, lets just say there has been quite a number of prophetic words spoken over me, someone prophesied just under 2 years ago, that God was going to take me places in Spirit in dreams and stuff, and how He would use me in different situations through Him in those dreams, I have also been told by someone else I'm going to see angels, and the gift of healing has been spoken over me too by another person too, and when I was doing my apprenticeship, dad told me "you are being trained to restore furniture, and then God is going to use you to restore people," what dad spoke was also confirmed by word by the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Visions, well there was one time I was sitting in the lounge room on the couch and for a brief moment I saw a room with glorious white thrones above my head, it was pretty amazing.

------------------------------

And just finding here in my dream journal, back in January I led someone that I don't know to Jesus in a dream, it was a weird dream, but it was pretty amazing. I'm not asking for an interpretation, but just wanted to share this, since it was unique and I was amazed when i woke up what had just happened in my dream..

Leading Caleb the black magician to Jesus by the wharf(dream)

I was preaching the message of the cross, the power of Jesus's blood and His name. I then saw someone practicing black magic by the wharf at an ocean, His name was Caleb, he was stealing things by the powers of darkness, by simply making stuff disappear. *Poof* my phone disappeared from my pocket, and i took it back off from him, the cover had been ripped off the phone, I then ran away in fear from him, but then again Caleb used witchcraft and he stole one of my passwords, so I ran back towards Caleb, binding, rebuking and stopping the powers of darkness in the name of Jesus and then all of a sudden, Caleb lost his powers, he was powerless, and he was amazed, I then led Caleb to Jesus.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I should also qualify that this has happened when the interpretation was distinctly negative, and in a middle ground between personal and universal (it was about how a spirit of greed operating in a beloved Pastor's wife was slowly destroying the ministry, and leading their members and leadership to keep departing to form churches elsewhere. It was not something the person who had the dream wanted to hear).

Thanks for answering those questions. I don't usually have the opertunity to talk to someone with your gift. I think this knowledge will be useful in the end times as dreams increase.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He would use me in different situations through Him in those dreams, I have also been told by someone else I'm going to see angels,

I believe in the ministry of angels to us. I'm sure it happens in our life much more than we ever know.
Obviously everything 'to us' comes from God, but often we forget that it comes via angels.

Correct of not I don't know, but just this week I prayed that God would allow His angels to wing some legal papers speedily to the lawyer.
I just often pray that way...I include angels in God answering prayer.

I saw angels once. In out bedroom. It was the night that my dad was dying.
The doctor had said he would die that night...and he was 95% still lucid, the doctor was amazed.
At 10pm I fell into bed so worn out with tending my dad, since 4am that morning. The room was dark...then suddenly I KNEW angels were in our room. I could see them in vision with eyes closed. I knew where each one of them was standing.
It all felt so strong...I suddenly KNEW that if I sat up and opened my eyes I would see them standing right there.
So I raised my head and sat up...sure enough, there they were, standing right where I saw them in vision. Nothing wispy , but strong, solid angels. (I could have shook hands)
Four huge big men. ( and they were in white, they all had blond hair..I did NOT expect that! I don't know why )
One at the foot of my bed, one at the foot of the bed on Dave's side, and two standing over by the door.
I was SO happy to see them...it seemed the most natural thing in the world.
I flopped back on the bed thinking- "Oh good, I can relax and sleep now, the angels are here."

A couple of hours later I woke up, and I 'just knew' dad had gone.
I got out and checked on him...and he had indeed gone on.

While sitting up I had tried to see out of our bedroom door into dads bedroom to see how many angels he had in there...I thought , obviously more in his room than just four, as this was 'his event' night.
But there was a bright white mist in dads room...and I felt the Lord saying .."mind your own business" :)

But, they came for him. :) Why I was blessed to have four visit me, I have no idea.
I now ( obviously) believe that whenever one of God's people dies..the angels are there, whether anyone can see them or not.
God just happened to open my spiritual eyes that night.
So much of the spiritual realm is right here, around us...we just don't have eyes to see into the Spirit...but often we have that strong assurance that they are right there.
I think often we don't get still or quiet enough to see or listen...God is very willing but we are mostly to 'busy'. " Be still, and know, that I am God."

Sorry, I got rambling here...I tend to often do that!! lol

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was preaching the message of the cross, the power of Jesus's blood and His name. I then saw someone practicing black magic by the wharf at an ocean, His name was Caleb, he was stealing things by the powers of darkness, by simply making stuff disappear. *Poof* my phone disappeared from my pocket, and i took it back off from him, the cover had been ripped off the phone, I then ran away in fear from him, but then again Caleb used witchcraft and he stole one of my passwords, so I ran back towards Caleb, binding, rebuking and stopping the powers of darkness in the name of Jesus and then all of a sudden, Caleb lost his powers, he was powerless, and he was amazed, I then led Caleb to Jesus.

I know you said you weren't looking for an interpretation, but I sort of can't resist, LoL. So I will just give you a few keys:

- Wharves are were men bring in the catch of the day, i.e. which means fishers of men here, since you are preaching
- Phones normally represent the ability to call upon and hear from God.
- Which means his witchcraft was a form of spell to interfere with your ability to hear from Him, so as to hinder your ability to "catch fish."
- Ripping off your "cover"/ stealing one of your passwords both represent him being able to break your security as it were, and know about your private activity through witchcraft. This is done in real life by assigning demons to track your movements.
- "Caleb lost his powers" means Caleb got the demons he was using cast out of him, leaving him powerless and defenseless against the Power of God, which is what led to him receiving Christ. This is what witchdoctors and sorcerers respect, and what converts them to Christ: Displays of greater supernatural power, which proves He is the Most High God. And it does indeed usually amaze them.

It speaks of you engaging in spiritual warfare at some point in the future, and is probably actually quite literal.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe in the ministry of angels to us. I'm sure it happens in our life much more than we ever know.
Obviously everything 'to us' comes from God, but often we forget that it comes via angels.

Correct of not I don't know, but just this week I prayed that God would allow His angels to wing some legal papers speedily to the lawyer.

I will respond to this when I have more time. Remind me if I don't.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The doctor had said he would die that night...and he was 95% still lucid, the doctor was amazed.
At 10pm I fell into bed so worn out with tending my dad, since 4am that morning. The room was dark...then suddenly I KNEW angels were in our room. I could see them in vision with eyes closed. I knew where each one of them was standing.
It all felt so strong...I suddenly KNEW that if I sat up and opened my eyes I would see them standing right there.
So I raised my head and sat up...sure enough, there they were, standing right where I saw them in vision. Nothing wispy , but strong, solid angels. (I could have shook hands)
Four huge big men. ( and they were in white, they all had blond hair..I did NOT expect that! I don't know why )
One at the foot of my bed, one at the foot of the bed on Dave's side, and two standing over by the door.
I was SO happy to see them...it seemed the most natural thing in the world.
I flopped back on the bed thinking- "Oh good, I can relax and sleep now, the angels are here."

A couple of hours later I woke up, and I 'just knew' dad had gone.
I got out and checked on him...and he had indeed gone on.

While sitting up I had tried to see out of our bedroom door into dads bedroom to see how many angels he had in there...I thought , obviously more in his room than just four, as this was 'his event' night.
But there was a bright white mist in dads room...and I felt the Lord saying .."mind your own business" :)

But, they came for him. :) Why I was blessed to have four visit me, I have no idea.
I now ( obviously) believe that whenever one of God's people dies..the angels are there, whether anyone can see them or not.
God just happened to open my spiritual eyes that night.
So much of the spiritual realm is right here, around us...we just don't have eyes to see into the Spirit...but often we have that strong assurance that they are right there.
I think often we don't get still or quiet enough to see or listen...God is very willing but we are mostly to 'busy'. " Be still, and know, that I am God."

Sorry, I got rambling here...I tend to often do that!! lol
Hi, Grace....I have had an angel come to me and spoke a message...very straight forward at that...I believe we are to put them to work...doing the will of the Father...sending them out to be messengers, warriors, guardians, and angels of mercy, ministering angels that are to minister to us according to the Will of the Father.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you'll make it a habit to follow the instructions in psalm 132:5 your sleep will be reinforced with peace.

Psalm 132:3-5 KJVS
Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
[4] I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
[5] Until I find out a place for the Lord , an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.

My wife and I read 5 psalms and one chapter of proverbs nightly at the least before retiring.

By reading 5 psalms + one chapter of proverbs daily you go through those books monthly.

Having God's word fresh upon your mind and spirit as you lie down is the best preparation for rest.

Psalm 4:8 KJVS
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord , only makest me dwell in safety.

Watching troublesome TV things and "news" before you sleep is a very bad idea.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Frank Lee
On the lighter side...how do you read Psalm 119?
As just one of your 5 Psalms, or in shorter sections? :)

How early do you retire to bed? I'd have to go very early to get it all done.
I'm a 12 verse from the OT and 12 verses from the NT person. :)

Reactions: Frank Lee

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Frank Lee
On the lighter side...how do you read Psalm 119?
As just one of your 5 Psalms, or in shorter sections? :)

How early do you retire to bed? I'd have to go very early to get it all done.
I'm a 12 verse from the OT and 12 verses from the NT person. :)

We're up all night most night pain won't allow me to sleep longer than 2-3 hours max. We've had some great prayer meetings here in the wee hours in our forest surrounded rural domicile. God is open for business 24 hours a day.

We read 5 a day straight through.

My good friend Dr. Ron Moseley gave me the reading plan nearly 40 years ago

Every day 5 psalms, 1 proverb, 5 OT chapters + 5 NT chapters.
Ron has studied much in Jerusalem and was a missionary Baptist university pastor until he got filled with the Holy Spirit and they kicked him out! He's a down to earth brilliant Arkansas boy who is a great personal friend.

He has written several books and one, Ghosts of the Saline, has a personal anecdote story I gave him.

Once I read the entire book of proverbs before bed and slept like a newborn child!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will respond to this when I have more time. Remind me if I don't.

Okay, I am reminding you :)
I’m doing it now before I forget which thread it is in! LOL

It is post #111 that you were going to respond to.

I hope ‘the moment’ hasn’t passed. ;)

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for reminding.

I copied the post you were writing about your dad and send it to my wife's email.
(She read it 10 times, there's a reason for that....more later....)
So, I have it in my email account on file. No. 111
Yes I will respond later but I need a bit of preparation.
Thanks for reminding.

Last edited: