Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
There are characteristics to help determine if a dream is from outside or just ourselves. I don't have a complete list but ive noticed some things.

I hope you folks could put these observations to the test.

1. God given dreams seem more vivid, visually speaking. Probably something to do with the source being spiritual instead of just being from our imaginations.
2. Does the narrative of the dream follow events or thoughts from your everyday life or the past? If so its probably not from God, but normal processes of your brain. God is creative, his dreams are going to be original.
3. Lots of imparted knowledge? Details that would not be obvious are given in the dream.
4. Is it Memorable? It should have a greater impact on us and not be forgotten a few minutes after we wake like is the case for most dreams.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Heart2Soul ...and others... this thread started so well...but now it has become about what @Stranger believes or doesn't believe.

He has now become the centre of tis discussion....I am very disappointed.

Why don't you guys take your discussion or argument and start a new thread somewhere else.o_O

Sadly, what was once a nice positive thread has now become negative.
.1354196-200.png

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
@Heart2Soul ...and others... this thread started so well...but now it has become about what @Stranger believes or doesn't believe.

He has now become the centre of tis discussion....I am very disappointed.

Why don't you guys take your discussion or argument and start a new thread somewhere else.o_O

Sadly, what was once a nice positive thread has now become negative.
.View attachment 2402

This location is fine. And Stranger has had the opportunity to say what he wants to say on the subject.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't be sad. Just stay away if you don't like it. All that I have said is in the context of the subject.

You say 'stay away if you don't like it'. I will remember that one pardner.

Stranger

Sorry this time I cannot agree with you...you have taken this thread down a rabbit hole.
I respect you, and so often cheer on your posts.
But now, actually if you don't agree with what we are sharing, and what @Hidden In Him is saying about what we share...then it is you who should politely back out.

You have stated your case...we have heard it...now can we get on with the positive side of the discussion and share our dreams. :oops:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This location is fine. And Stranger has had the opportunity to say what he wants to say on the subject.

Sorry, I can't agree... I had a dream that I was going to share here when I got home tonight. But now the whole mood of this thread has gone sideways.

I no longer wish to 'cast what is precious to me'...out to be mocked and...to be trample underfoot and derided. :(

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Sorry, I can't agree... I had a dream that I was going to share here when I got home tonight. But now the whole mood of this thread has gone sideways.

I no longer wish to 'cast what is precious to me'...out to be mocked and...to be trample underfoot and derided. :(

I would suggest PMing it then.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My apologies....I hope you will reconsider...Hidden in Him is a very good friend of mine and very anointed...I felt I needed to help support him. This is not pleasing to our Father and therefore I will back out and let you share your dreams.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My apologies....I hope you will reconsider...Hidden in Him is a very good friend of mine and very anointed...I felt I needed to help support him. This is not pleasing to our Father and therefore I will back out and let you share your dreams.

Not unless the atmosphere of this thread changes..the moment has passed.
When someone keeps on answering a negative poster...it just continues to keep the poster responding back again with even more reasons against...and that send the topic sideways.

I will just "watch this space" and see what happens.
No worries....
Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hidden in Him is a very good friend..I felt I needed to help support him. .

1) Since he registered on the site...I have never felt that he needed a champion to fight for him. :D
He seems a very secure kind of person. :)

2) I am sorry, I forgot to welcome you to the Forum.
Good to have you.
Bless you. Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, try that on your dream interpreter. Tell him you have a dream and that he needs to both tell you the dream and then give you the interpretation. That way he can lie to you and then you can lie to me.

My goodness this is a disdainful response. Are you sure this is the Spirit of God responding here, Stranger?

In answer to this, that is two different gifts working in conjunction: Word of knowledge to know the dream without being told, and then interpretation of dreams to be able to communicate what God was saying through it. I am praying for the ability to do both, btw, and will in all likelihood eventually have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Josho

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry this time I cannot agree with you...you have taken this thread down a rabbit hole.
I respect you, and so often cheer on your posts.
But now, actually if you don't agree with what we are sharing, and what @Hidden In Him is saying about what we share...then it is you who should politely back out.

You have stated your case...we have heard it...now can we get on with the positive side of the discussion and share our dreams. :oops:

Well, the thread is not about sharing your dreams. It is about one declaring he moves in the realm of the gift of dream interpretation, and then invites you to tell your dreams and then he interprets them.

Because there is no such New Testament gift of 'dream interpretation', then I believe this is dangerous. As I have said, one has to believe that your dream is first of all from God. Then you must believe the interpreter also, that he believes the dream is from God. Then you must believe the interpreters interpretation.

Even Nebuchadnezzar didn't believe his magicians and sorcerers concerning dream interpretation. (Dan. 2:4-6)

Stranger

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you folks could put these observations to the test.

1. God given dreams seem more vivid, visually speaking. Probably something to do with the source being spiritual instead of just being from our imaginations.
2. Does the narrative of the dream follow events or thoughts from your everyday life or the past? If so its probably not from God, but normal processes of your brain. God is creative, his dreams are going to be original.
3. Lots of imparted knowledge? Details that would not be obvious are given in the dream.
4. Is it Memorable? It should have a greater impact on us and not be forgotten a few minutes after we wake like is the case for most dreams.

Oops! Missed another one.

1. Mmm... iffy... not really actually. I have received short visions and dreams during sleep that were very dim and made little impression on the brain, and found myself having to really struggle to remember what they were. But I found out the reason why: They were things I was NOT red hot about hearing, and when He knows that He has to tell you something you don't want to hear He has a way of making you really have to listen close, or in other words want it first. So on this one, I'd say it's not a hard and fast rule no. That doesn't mean that there won't be others that are extremely clear and virtually unforgettable. Sometimes the symbolism is so creative and the imagery is so vivid and clear that the Spirit will bring it back to you twenty years later and it's as crystal clear as ever. That's the power of imprinting images on the mind. A picture paints a thousand words, and a short dream can paint thousands upon thousands.

2. ABSOLUTELY. He enjoys being creative actually. It's as if He's a painter, creating especially for your situation, almost like if you had a street artist paint you in the moment.

3. The details are everything. Drives me bananas when I do an interpretation for someone and then they say, "But how does that explain the ..." and go on to list some detail they they FORGOT to mention. :rolleyes: I have literally seen one little detail, actually mentioned by the person this time that I missed, change the interpretation COMPLETELY, like 180 degrees in the exact opposite direction. Every detail is placed there for a reason, and needs to be accounted for.

4. Heavens, yes. This is usually one of the keys for me. Did it wake them up from a sound sleep? Has it been bothering them ever since they had it? Is it something the Spirit has brought back to their memory, even though they had it years and even decades ago? If it is of God you won't forget it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness this is a disdainful response. Are you sure this is the Spirit of God responding here, Stranger?

In answer to this, that is two different gifts working in conjunction: Word of knowledge to know the dream without being told, and then interpretation of dreams to be able to communicate what God was saying through it. I am praying for the ability to do both, btw, and will in all likelihood eventually have it.

The New Testament gifts were not in exercise during the Old Testament period. It was the Spirit of God, yes. But not an exercise of a New Testament gift.

Stranger

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament gifts were not in exercise during the Old Testament period. It was the Spirit of God, yes. But not an exercise of a New Testament gift.

If Joseph was not operating in word of knowledge, then what was he operating in?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, there were no gifts at this time. Sorry, I was addressing Daniel. Not Joseph. But, irregardless, there were no gifts at this time.

Stranger

So then your interpretation of the following passage was what again? That every Jewish believer walked in the same things that Daniel walking in here:

Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar (Daniel 5:11-12).