Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then your interpretation of the following passage was what again? That every Jewish believer walked in the same things that Daniel walking in here:

Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar (Daniel 5:11-12).

No, because not every Jewish believer was a prophet.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, I do not say what I do due to lack of 'experience' of it. I say what I do due to 'experience' not being the determiner as whether it is from God or not. The determiner is the Word of God. And you are starting out with there being no gifts of the Spirit labeled as an 'interpreter of dreams'. So, now you have to convince yourself and others, that just because it is not in the Bible, doesn't mean God is not using it. Just because God did not say it is a gift, doesn't mean it isn't a gift. Therefore, it really doesn't matter what God says. It just matters what you say.

Playing musical instrument is not a spiritual gift. satan is quite a musical creature. Perhaps even a choir director.

I have already answered the Old Testament illustrations of those who interpreted dreams. You might go back and read those and then tell me where you think I am wrong. And, Daniels interpretation was only received in (Dan. 5.) due to his ability to tell the dream first before giving the interpretation in (Dan. 2). So, try that on your dream interpreter. Tell him you have a dream and that he needs to both tell you the dream and then give you the interpretation. That way he can lie to you and then you can lie to me.

God has given us what He wants us to know and how to function at this time. To believe that we can go outside of that is great danger. Why wouldn't Eve have been justified in saying the same thing. Surely she could have said, yes I know God has told us this but there is so much more to God for us to know. Well, you bet there is. But not for now.

Stranger
I understand where you are coming from on this, but while I do disagree, I will leave alone as only you can make any decisions for you even I make them for me. I don't have additional words to say or arguments that I will present. We do stand where we do until we are changed. God will increase you or me or both of us as we allow Him to do so.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, @Stranger is hijacking this thread.
The topic issue is not about who believes in 'God dreams" and who doesn't ,or who believes in interpretation of dreams and who doesn't.

If someone is not interested in this thread, they don't have to read it. Interruptions in an ongoing conversation are not polite. :(
I hear you loud and clear Helen. I am leaving the differences for another thread as needed.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, the thread is not about sharing your dreams. It is about one declaring he moves in the realm of the gift of dream interpretation, and then invites you to tell your dreams and then he interprets them.

Yes it is......sadly .... was.
Some of us on another thread agreed that 'Hidden in Him' was going to start a thread ( so as to not to derail the one that we were on) where we would share our dreams.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is......sadly .... was.
Some of us on another thread agreed that 'Hidden in Him' was going to start a thread ( so as to not to derail the one that we were on) where we would share our dreams.

If you read the opening post you will see it not just 'share your dreams with me'.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you read the opening post you will see it not just 'share your dreams with me'.

Stranger

Okay, I have just re read the opening post...and I guess I reluctantly have to agree with you. :(

So this round goes to you Stanger!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I have just re read the opening post...and I guess I reluctantly have to agree with you. :(

So this round goes to you Stanger!

Well, I'm looking to win any rounds. Going to be out of touch for several days. Now is the chance to 'dream on'.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I'm looking to win any rounds. Going to be out of touch for several days. Now is the chance to 'dream on'.

Stranger

Good one! :D
We will miss you...bless you....Helen.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Oops! Missed another one.

1. Mmm... iffy... not really actually. I have received short visions and dreams during sleep that were very dim and made little impression on the brain, and found myself having to really struggle to remember what they were. But I found out the reason why: They were things I was NOT red hot about hearing, and when He knows that He has to tell you something you don't want to hear He has a way of making you really have to listen close, or in other words want it first. So on this one, I'd say it's not a hard and fast rule no. That doesn't mean that there won't be others that are extremely clear and virtually unforgettable. Sometimes the symbolism is so creative and the imagery is so vivid and clear that the Spirit will bring it back to you twenty years later and it's as crystal clear as ever. That's the power of imprinting images on the mind. A picture paints a thousand words, and a short dream can paint thousands upon thousands.

2. ABSOLUTELY. He enjoys being creative actually. It's as if He's a painter, creating especially for your situation, almost like if you had a street artist paint you in the moment.

3. The details are everything. Drives me bananas when I do an interpretation for someone and then they say, "But how does that explain the ..." and go on to list some detail they they FORGOT to mention. :rolleyes: I have literally seen one little detail, actually mentioned by the person this time that I missed, change the interpretation COMPLETELY, like 180 degrees in the exact opposite direction. Every detail is placed there for a reason, and needs to be accounted for.

4. Heavens, yes. This is usually one of the keys for me. Did it wake them up from a sound sleep? Has it been bothering them ever since they had it? Is it something the Spirit has brought back to their memory, even though they had it years and even decades ago? If it is of God you won't forget it.

Thanks for reviewing the list. So we can't rule out dreams that are not vivid. Thats good to know.

I wonder what other characteristics I've neglected to mention. Ive had some that were like a self guided tour, others were a single scene. And still others played out like a regular dream where we play a role in it and react to events in the dream.

In dreams I'm sure were from God I was able to give coherent responses when I spoke, though it might not be what I would normally say in such a situation. In normal dreams I get confused and facts become skewed, I'll wake up and wonder why I was thinking so strangely. Or didn't do something that should have been painfully obvious.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive had some that were like a self guided tour, others were a single scene. And still others played out like a regular dream where we play a role in it and react to events in the dream.

I've seen all three and experienced all three, mostly the first two.
In dreams I'm sure were from God I was able to give coherent responses when I spoke, though it might not be what I would normally say in such a situation.

Yes. The Spirit will depict you and/or others saying strange things, that often stick out in your memory because of how weird they are.
In normal dreams I get confused and facts become skewed, I'll wake up and wonder why I was thinking so strangely. Or didn't do something that should have been painfully obvious.

I would guard against considering anything a "normal" dream, i.e. that should be dismissed. I have learned to take the opposite position of Stranger that "most dreams are just dreams." Once I realized that God was speaking to me through them, even the really weird ones that almost seemed like they were beyond having any meaning, I started praying over every single dream I had. And what I've found is that He was speaking to me every single time. The habit of categorizing dreams as "nightmares" or "healing dreams" and such is a major problem I have with most people that teach dream interpretation online, because they often categorize themselves right out of God being able to speak to them. Sometimes it is very negative and even creepy dream, so they just dismiss it as a "nightmare" when in fact God was trying to warn them about something if they only asked Him about it. Same goes for the really bizarre ones. I've had a few, even recently, where I thought, "No way could that be rendered intelligible." But then I'll be in prayer and suddenly He asks me if I want to know what that dream I had meant, and when I say I do He suddenly makes total sense out of it.

Just saying. Your dream about the two spirits feeding poison to you was very obviously from God, and if you have already received strong prophetic dreams like that from Him (I still need to talk to you about that, btw), then there is all the more likelihood that the other ones you are receiving are as well, and contain a message. The way you begin trusting in them more is the same way I did; by taking every one of them seriously enough to seek God about it.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I've seen all three and experienced all three, mostly the first two.

Yes. The Spirit will depict you and/or others saying strange things, that often stick out in your memory because of how weird they are.

I would guard against considering anything a "normal" dream, i.e. that should be dismissed. I have learned to take the opposite position of Stranger that "most dreams are just dreams." Once I realized that God was speaking to me through them, even the really weird ones that almost seemed like they were beyond having any meaning, I started praying over every single dream I had. And what I've found is that He was speaking to me every single time. The habit of categorizing dreams as "nightmares" or "healing dreams" and such is a major problem I have with most people that teach dream interpretation online, because they often categorize themselves right out of God being able to speak to them. Sometimes it is very negative and even creepy dream, so they just dismiss it as a "nightmare" when in fact God was trying to warn them about something if they only asked Him about it. Same goes for the really bizarre ones. I've had a few, even recently, where I thought, "No way could that be rendered intelligible." But then I'll be in prayer and suddenly He asks me if I want to know what that dream I had meant, and when I say I do He suddenly makes total sense out of it.

Just saying. Your dream about the two spirits feeding poison to you was very obviously from God, and if you have already received strong prophetic dreams like that from Him (I still need to talk to you about that, btw), then there is all the more likelihood that the other ones you are receiving are as well, and contain a message. The way you begin trusting in them more is the same way I did; by taking every one of them seriously enough to seek God about it.

That brings up another question. Are dreams always from God? I would expect it to be possible that our own spirit could be making up a dream, under the directive of God. Like dreams that are intended to point out a weakness.

Not sure about demonic forces, if they have the power to influence dreams.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That brings up another question. Are dreams always from God? I would expect it to be possible that our own spirit could be making up a dream, under the directive of God.

... that's a new one on me, and I don't think I can agree with you. Outside of demonic dreams, I think those which Christians receive are either sent to you by God or are what I call "interfered with." Let me explain the latter first.

There are instances when outside forces can effect our dreams and turn them in directions that are not of God. They work as a type of "interference" if you will.

For instance, if a younger man who is not married is experiencing testosterone build up from not having had sexual release, his anatomy will start effecting the directions his dreams go in. He rolls over, makes contact with a pillow or some blanket bunched together, and is soon dealing with an erection during sleep. Once this happens his anatomy will start effecting how he interacts with women in his dreams.

Another instance would be if a person leaves the TV on, and something like a scary movie with a haunting soundtrack and/or a lot of terrified screaming comes on. He will hear these things subconsciously in his sleep, and they will effect the mood behind which he interprets the things he is seeing in the dream.

I personally believe such interferences can be avoided, aside from the obvious of not putting yourself in situations like this, by praying to the Lord to prevent them from happening, or reveal to you if they do so that you know your dreams were effected by the flesh or by outside forces during sleep.
Not sure about demonic forces, if they have the power to influence dreams.

They absolutely have the power to influence dreams, though rarely over Christians unless they are deeply bound by demonic spirits. I have encountered it once so far. A dream someone told me a brother sent them was short, and had certain marks of authority about it. But the source behind this particular dream bothered me because I knew who he was and I couldn't trust him any farther than I could throw him. Very bound by demonic spirits, as anyone close to him was aware of. Turns out, this dream caused the person who received it all sorts of problems, creating psychological turmoil in her rather than the witness of the Spirit and a sense of peace. It was demonic.

Doesn't happen often, though. Once in a blue moon.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
... that's a new one on me, and I don't think I can agree with you. Outside of demonic dreams, I think those which Christians receive are either sent to you by God or are what I call "interfered with." Let me explain the latter first.

I assume this based on us being three part beings, body, soul, spirit. And that our spirit has its own consciousness apart from the physical body. My understanding of this and how it works is very limited, so until it is revealed I will say no more about it.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assume this based on us being three part beings, body, soul, spirit.

Absolutely.
And that our spirit has its own consciousness apart from the physical body.

I would put it as our spirit needing to have its own consciousness apart from the physical body, yes.
My understanding of this and how it works is very limited

This final part becomes a matter of discernment, which is a more complex part of the normal picture. I could have added chemical imbalances in the brain, which likewise effect the types of dreams someone might have. I rarely trust the dreams of someone with bi-polar, for instance, as their imbalances can be effecting their thought patterns during sleep.

But this is where someone with gifts of discernment and/or a deliverance ministry needs to come in.
so until it is revealed I will say no more about it.

The finality of this statement is curious to me. Was it in reference to your own dreams or possibly someone else's? I understand if you don't respond. I was just interested to know why you said it.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The finality of this statement is curious to me. Was it in reference to your own dreams or possibly someone else's? I understand if you don't respond. I was just interested to know why you said it.

I don't want to risk someone picking up something from my conjectures that turns out to be false.. This specificly is concerning the point I was making about our own spirit having an influence on our dreams. I'll continue to discuss other things.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to risk someone picking up something from my conjectures that turns out to be false.. This specifically is concerning the point I was making about our own spirit having an influence on our dreams. I'll continue to discuss other things.

I see. Yeah, I think both our soul and body can effect things, but the spirit is far more pure by comparison (unless it has been defiled by something, as I was talking about with the guy who was demonically oppressed). In general I think the dreams of Christians can be trusted the vast majority of the time. It is only the interpretations that need to be very tightly scrutinized.

Feel free to discuss whatever you like. I wasn't that wild about the discussion with Stranger, but at least it made me more acutely establish some of my own positions on stuff. Your input, however, has been thought-provoking, so whatever you wish to discuss is fine by me. I can come off as arrogant sometimes, but the truth is I'm actually very humble, and still just learning how to operate in it and gaining experience at it as I go. Whatever you wish to ask, just feel free.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Whatever you wish to ask, just feel free.
Have you ever heard dreams from different people that contain the same message or imagery? It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for God, I'm sure it would get your attention.

How often is a dream something personal vs being intended for the larger body of believers?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
....just posting this... I wonder if anyone else does the same?

I've found , and it took a long time.
That we can control our dreams to a degree. Especially if it is a nasty one.

"Rubbish dreams" which I think is the majority of our dreams...are harmless.
Even while dreaming I laugh to myself about how silly it is..and other time only when I wake up to I find our dog was speaking in the dream etc and it seemed 'normal' :)

But scary dark dreams , either from the anxious subconscious, or actually from the enemy...I have learned to take more control.
As soon as I find I am in one...I raise my hand in the dream look and whatever is nasty and say- " No, in the name of Jesus."

Once I remember I was running away for something nasty chasing me..right then I thought " Why am I running?"...so I turned, raised my hand and spoke the Name Above All Names. It worked. Since then I often do it.
Sometimes I wake up and I'm worn out from some unpleasant dream...then I am annoyed that I forgot to shut it down. It happens .

Reactions: stunnedbygrace