Drugs And Religion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said the way is narrow and some people are so open minded that their brain has fallen out.

The physical effects on the body are not changing the spirit. The Bible tells us to be sober of mind.

" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law..."

But getting high will not please God. What will please the Lord is a heart that seeks him in obedience.

And the Lord rewards those who seek Him.
What a wonderful reminder . Might i add this as well .
I would say if anyone thinks or needs drugs to draw closer to God , It aint THE GOD they will be drawn too .
All we need is the SPIRIT , not the spirits if ya know what i mean . Drugs are a gateway
into another god and other spirits . Let us learn our bibles well .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a wonderful reminder . Might i add this as well .
I would say if anyone thinks or needs drugs to draw closer to God , It aint THE GOD they will be drawn too .
All we need is the SPIRIT , not the spirits if ya know what i mean . Drugs are a gateway
into another god and other spirits . Let us learn our bibles well .
Amen, @amigo de christo

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truman the Levite's thread about Christians smoking marijuana got me to thinking. From past personal experiences with several different drugs, hallucinogens and others, I noticed that on many occasions they would bring about a desire to be closer to and learn more about God. I wasn't just me, I've seen many others do the same.

Is there perhaps something about some drugs that may actually be used in positive way? If a drug makes you desire to learn and want to be closer to God, is this necessarily a bad thing?
In my understanding, this is what the pharmakia was in Scripture times, using drugs as a means to elicit a spiritual experience.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my understanding, this is what the pharmakia was in Scripture times, using drugs as a means to elicit a spiritual experience.

Much love!
YES INDEED my friend . Yes indeed . Ye shall not worship the LORD your GOD as the other nations worship theirs .
WE must touch not the unclean drugs , nor use them as a means to gain access into divine revelation of GOD , as do the other nations of the world .
We already have our connection . CALLED THE COMFORTER , THE HOLY GHOST . the SPIRIT of CHRIST , SPIRIT of GOD .
You are correct my f riend .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Drugs and Religion have always been closely associated in various cultures worldwide. It is a dangerous combination for several reasons; it alters the space of how one sees impairing good judgement. It is in fact a window used by the evil one to distort. The 'good' experience one has is not a reason to justify it, for example, an adulterous relationship has all the hallmarks of excitement and justification but does this actually justify it?....it does in fact create breakdown, the opposite of what one initially imagines.
Good post!

Something may be perceived a certain way, even as good, but when you are talking about something that alters your perceptions, it's very dangerous ground.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the native american indians used a certain mushroom i think , to enter into the spirit world .
Rest assured they were not communing with the HOLY GOD , but with other spirits .
SO TOO unto the man who enters into communion with GOD by means of mind altering substances .
They will not find THE GOD through that door way . ONLY he who knows how to appear as god , or as an angel of light .
And believe me he knows how to deceive and make it seem geuniune .
If we want to hear from GOD , PRAY . But enter not into the gateway or door to God through any other means .
WE already have our communion with GOD . The HOLY SPIRIT who Christ sent in His name .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Yes that is accurate and I believe there was something to do with one of the scriptures regarding a "spirit of drunkenness." I remember a sermon about this ... It was this one.

@Kaz I think if you into about 13 minutes on this video you will find it. It goes with what @marks and @amigo de christo are saying. These people were doing what you are talking about and it is mentioned in scripture.

Edit: might help if I actually add the video, huh? :p

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is accurate and I believe there was something to do with one of the scriptures regarding a "spirit of drunkenness." I remember a sermon about this ... It was this one.

@Kaz I think if you into about 13 minutes on this video you will find it. It goes with what @marks and @amigo de christo are saying. These people were doing what you are talking about and it is mentioned in scripture.

Edit: might help if I actually add the video, huh

Dear sister , i leave us with these three words , PRAISE THE LORD .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truman the Levite's thread about Christians smoking marijuana got me to thinking. From past personal experiences with several different drugs, hallucinogens and others, I noticed that on many occasions they would bring about a desire to be closer to and learn more about God. I wasn't just me, I've seen many others do the same.

Is there perhaps something about some drugs that may actually be used in positive way? If a drug makes you desire to learn and want to be closer to God, is this necessarily a bad thing?
Did Peter give out drugs in the upper room here?....

2 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

No, so anything that brings you "closer to God" via drugs is the wrong spirit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong. I don't require drugs to be a Christian or get closer to God. I don't use anymore and my belief is as solid as steel. I guess I should have worded it better. If someone smokes a blunt for example, and all of a sudden decides they want to start painting pictures of Jesus or angels, is that necessarily a bad thing? If drugs are bad, but make you do good things, is that so bad?
When I was considering becoming a Christian in the 70's, a man I knew took an immediate interest in my soul. He ignored me until I said I wanted to get baptized. He asked to come by my house so I invited him in. He opened a book on Krishna with angels drawn in it and told me that he took some mushrooms, opened the book and the angels were saying "God, God...". He then begged me to not become a Christian but to follow his beliefs. He said that mushrooms will give me the same experience.

I asked him to leave, then got baptized in the name of Jesus Christ that week.

In my home, immediately realized the devil sent that man at the last minute to try to talk me out of getting saved(since I formerly liked getting high).

The devil promotes drugs.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did Jesus need booze to get close to His Father? (Matthew 27:34 KJV)
Doesn't the Bible teach us to shun drunkenness? (Ephesians 5:18 KJV)
Doesn't it also teach us to maintain a constant state of sobriety? (1 Peter 5:8 KJV)

Cannot Satan counterfeit upright desires with evil? The same sexual desire God gives a man toward his beloved wife Satan gives non-stop to those enslaved to sin. What we need is to become better equipped with the Armor of God so that we can be adequately armed against such satanic deceptions.

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did Jesus need booze to get close to His Father? (Matthew 27:34 KJV)
Doesn't the Bible teach us to shun drunkenness? (Ephesians 5:18 KJV)
Doesn't it also teach us to maintain a constant state of sobriety? (1 Peter 5:8 KJV)

Cannot Satan counterfeit upright desires with evil? The same sexual desire God gives a man toward his beloved wife Satan gives non-stop to those enslaved to sin. What we need is to become better equipped with the Armor of God so that we can be adequately armed against such satanic deceptions.
Did you know that Shaq wears a size 23 shoe?

Reactions: HisLife

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea the online duke out. We post with all sincerity and bip you have a slugfest. It is just an online deal and most know it and try to not be to mean. If we met in person it would be completely different without the dukes. The trolls that come in christian sites (not saying that is what is happening in this thread) are pretty easy to spot but cause fueds nonetheless. It is kind of entertaining if it doesn't get to brutal. In a chat-room everyone get's to talk, and that is what I like about online, you don't have to just sit in some boring Sunday school class listening not able to really lay out your heart and puts you to sleep. I think everyone should be able to speak and give their thoughts on spiritual matters. Online has pros and cons just as all life so to me it is a good thing and you can fellowship with people all over the world if you want. I started in mid-nineties doing christian rooms on AOL (does that even still exsist) and have loved it ever since - not all but 95% of my experience has been good.
I did my share of arguing on AOL and I wish that the old boards were still accessible, but I couldn't find them. AOL does still exist though. I have an email address with them that I don't use, but there's still an online page for that.

Reactions: soul man

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without being judged by my choice of avatar for starters.
You may not know why it's considered offensive.

That's the Buddy Christ image from the movie that mocked Christianity to the fullest. The BC image especially. Its title was, "Dogma".(1999)
No surprise it featured an all star cast.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was offered wine drugged with myrrh, what did he do with it ? The account says that "he would not take it."(Mark 15:23) And why ? Because he wanted to have complete control of his senses till his death, wanting to face this difficult situation squarely during this supreme test of his faith.
Sounds like a reasonable answer, but there's a simpler one. When Jesus passed the cup to His disciples during the last supper, He did not drink and vowed not to drink any wine again until He drank it new with His disciples in God's kingdom. That's actually a nazarite vow.
I raised up some of your sons as prophets,
And some of your young men as Nazirites.
Is it not so, O you children of Israel?”
Says the Lord.
“But you gave the Nazirites wine to drink,
And commanded the prophets saying,
‘Do not prophesy!’ Amos 2:11-12

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You may not know why it's considered offensive.

That's the Buddy Christ image from the movie that mocked Christianity to the fullest. The BC image especially. Its title was, "Dogma".(1999)
No surprise it featured an all star cast.
Some find it offensive, others don't.

Reactions: April_Rose