Ear piercing: for sons as well as for daughters: is it appropriate? (plus poll)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ear piercing: is it approrpriate for sons as well as for daughters?

• No, it's appropriate for neither sons nor daughters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Quite a lot of younger men like to wear studs in their ears also; and I guess for them it can be a rugged, manly look. (I think it can be, anyway.)
Not so many in the UK these days.

Reactions: farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe this is why neither your husband or especially your son have considered it?

I think you said it wouldn't bother you if either of them did it.
It wouldn't farouk but it highly unlikely. My husband is eighty now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It wouldn't farouk but it highly unlikely. My husband is eighty now.
Yes, I can see that with your dh it would be highly unlikely now (of course your son is younger!) If I may say so, it's a tribute to your adaptability and open mindedness that it wouldn't bother you.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Saw this quote:
my son is 14 and I have said that he can get it done on his 15th birthday. He goes on about it all the time but I disapprove of earrings for boys.
answers dot com

I think it's fine that some parents don't like earrings for young men. In the end once sons get to a certain age they have to make their own decision, though.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She must wear lots of earrings herself...
She likes rings. He made both her engagement and wedding rings and I have a pair of yellow and white gold ones with diamonds he made for one of my special birthdays. Also he made the gold and pearl ones I gave to my oldest grandaughter on her 21st. Her two sister also had pearls on their 21st birthdays and last week their brother was 21 and I gave him pearl cufflinks.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She likes rings. He made both her engagement and wedding rings and I have a pair of yellow and white gold ones with diamonds he made for one of my special birthdays. Also he made the gold and pearl ones I gave to my oldest grandaughter on her 21st. Her two sister also had pearls on their 21st birthdays and last week their brother was 21 and I gave him pearl cufflinks.
Sounds great. :)

Sounds like you have a handsome family!

So the grandson likes the pearl cufflinks, then for special occasions. (He's not into earrings, then?)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds great. :)

Sounds like you have a handsome family!

So the grandson likes the pearl cufflinks, then for special occasions. (He's not into earrings, then?)
My grandson is a dancer and competes in ballroom dancing and Latin dance competitions so he loves the cufflinks. And no he's not into earrings. Over here it's usually only the rougher element that get ear piercing as these days it isn't fashionable.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My grandson is a dancer and competes in ballroom dancing and Latin dance competitions so he loves the cufflinks. And no he's not into earrings. Over here it's usually only the rougher element that get ear piercing as these days it isn't fashionable.
I see! Over here in some places it's very widespread for both genders to have them.

I'm sure you keep praying for all your family.

FYI:

Chellz84 said:
My husband has both his ears pierced. Where I live Hartford CT. It is extreamly common for a guy to have both his ears pierced. I've been working in the school system for 5yrs. And I can't tell you how many.. boys have both their ears pierced along with most Dads that come in.
forums dot thebump dot com

But maybe your granddaughters all have it (even multiples; at least over here multiples are very widespread).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see! Over here in some places it's very widespread for both genders to have them.

I'm sure you keep praying for all your family.

FYI:

forums dot thebump dot com

But maybe your granddaughters all have it (even multiples; at least over here multiples are very widespread).
No multiple piercings as far as I can remember. And yes, they are always in my prayers. I will be spending tomorrow afternoon with a few of them to celebrate my granddaughter's graduation.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is indeed something classic and timeless about the single hole each side, maybe filled with a tiny - even brilliant - stud. (Maybe your granddaughters do prefer this indeed.)
I like dangly ones.