Ear piercing: for sons as well as for daughters: is it appropriate? (plus poll)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ear piercing: is it approrpriate for sons as well as for daughters?

• No, it's appropriate for neither sons nor daughters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower : I know it took a while for you to get used to it on guys, but it's very widespread now, FYI:

forums dot thebump dot com

So you wouldn't stop a son doing it, would you, if he wanted to?

When I get a son, he can when he is out of school as an adult. With homosexuality and everything, I'd raise a son like men were expected in my generation. Then when he is an adult, he will be a man and an earring won't change that. Young men/teens don't need to wear earring/earrings.

Reactions: JohnPaul and Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I get a son, he can when he is out of school as an adult. With homosexuality and everything, I'd raise a son like men were expected in my generation. Then when he is an adult, he will be a man and an earring won't change that. Young men/teens don't need to wear earring/earrings.
Well, your earringed husband is indeed an adult! :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She’s became a lot more tolerant to things
Maybe it's sensible to be so!

At any rate, a lot of young people seem to do the gauging thing, don't they?

(I'm not sure what I think of gauging, although I do certainly think that basic ear piercing for both genders has become rather benign for both genders, anyway.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Eunice said:
Normally he wears a sleeper (small hoop) in his first hole in his left ear and small gold studs in the other holes (the studs he got pierced with). Apart from removing them to clean them, he wears earrings all the time. His father also has both his ears pierced - I made him get them done shortly after we met and he also wears his earrings constantly. Where we live a lot of boys have their ears pierced by the time they start school, and most of my friends have pierced their boys ears as well ... it is actually quite unusual to see a boy that hasn't had at least one of his ears pierced by the time they are about 5 or 6 years old.
answers dot yahoo dot com

This observation would also apply to the majority of boys and adolescent young men who from time to time attend the - actually very conservative - local church that my wife and I go to.

It probably varies rather widely from one area to another and from one family to another also, but in some areas it's extremely widespread among immigrant families; it seems like very widely it's what adolescent young men and boys in some areas and families expect to do.

@Mayflower FYI; maybe it's different in your area...

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Young men/teens don't need to wear earring/earrings.
Well, it's fine if you yourself think this way. My male cousin has had his earring for decades. I don't know anyone in the family who has ever said anything about it. A majority of the young men and boys who come to our very conservative local church have earrings. No one says anything about it. This is how things are now, anyway. It's what they do now, so often.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say when I was in my 20s’ in the mid eighties, there was a stereotype that if you had them you were gay and I’m not implying happy.
Maybe that was only here in the South.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Heck, I work with men in their mid forties that have them.
From invernesscorp dot com
Boys Ear Piercing | What You Should Know

Parents can figure that it's perfectly wholesome and viable for the current generation of boys and young men to do, now. If they want to, it's a wholesome way of feeling good.

A majority of the young men and boys who come to our very conservative local church have earrings. No one says anything about it. This is how things are now, anyway.

Reactions: Waiting on him