Ear piercing: for sons as well as for daughters: is it appropriate? (plus poll)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ear piercing: is it approrpriate for sons as well as for daughters?

• No, it's appropriate for neither sons nor daughters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You are spot on. Neither sons have pierced anything, both have tats.
Thanks for your vote, BTW! (And I think I can guess how you voted!)

I don't find it problematic, either... If they really want to do it, both daughters and sons ought to be free to have it done. For sons, whether it's one side or both depends on personal preference or family custom.

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's been over 20 years I think.
Shows just how well established the custom had already become for both genders, decades back. I thinkit's sensible now for sons as well as daughters growing up, if they want to do it, to be allowed to do it confidently and in a matter of fact way.

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's been over 20 years I think.
PS:In fact it became so widely established that in some neighbourhoods it would have been an exception for boys who would play ball in the street not to wear earrings; ear piercing was simply something they expected to do and something that their parents expected to let them do. In some areas it still is this way. So I think it's probably used for responsible people in churches with young people to be aware of this, that it is indeed well established and benign and not some kind of aberration (if this makes sense?)

Reactions: Dave L