Ecumenism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He can however be anywhere He desires, even in a body to this day....He can be light or He can appear as a 'normal' living person....He still has His body, only not the blood.. :) It wasn't only His spirit which was resurrected, His body was too, except the life which is in the blood, is not required by Him anymore....He IS the Life...

How do you know "...He still has His body, only not the blood..." ?
You have stated on previous posts that you have met with your Jesus, many times, in person; face to face.
And, he told you he was only flesh and bone.
And, if what he told you differs from the Scriptures, then the Word of God is in error; you will do as he says.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We were called to Love in the same way we have discovered His Love for us, but if we have not found that, how can we pass on this wondrous truth to others...How can we Love with His love, if we do not accept it into ourselves, and that has zero to do with attendance in churches or how many times you read the Bible....His Love is real, and is capable of bringing an enormous change in our lives, which should then hopefully be passed onto others, through that Love, not by beating people over the head with scriptures....

This is certainly true, but just like truth falls over without love, love becomes empty if we devoid it of God's truth. God calls us to both because it's only with both that they stand and are like him...emulating him.
And maybe you cannot get love by attending church or reading the bible alone, but we already know that unless God opens the eyes of your heart, you won't "see" anything of his anyway. But once you are "his", you should grow in love by reading the bible and attending church. The bible is full of God, full of the things Jesus said and did. I cannot read any of this without feeling my love for him grow. And attending 'church' should bring me closer to my brothers and sisters in Christ...as Paul says in Eph 5:19: "addressing on another is psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart."

"Beating people over the head with scriptures". Hmm. Yes, this does get done often, and I think I know what you're talking about. There is a hard line to walk between loving someone and staying true to scripture. But, you must understand that...well...most Christians...believe that the Bible is the Word of God. Therefore what it says is absolute. To use, for example, the issue of homosexuality, since it's such a 'hot topic'. The bible is against it. But then you have people saying it's just about people who want 'love', and Christians are being 'unloving'. Then we see the verse bashing and the accusations, etc. Where is that middle line? Well...I'm not perfect, and I'm not particularly learned, but here's what I think. Pretty much everything, including the gay issue, is a heart issue. Trying to smack them over the head with verses about homosexuality and "how bad" it is will not help initially. You've got to help them see that at the heart of them, at the core, regardless of what sin, they, like every one else, are a sinner in need of Christ. The only way a person can want to, or be able to repent and change a behavior is with the help of the Spirit. And nobody has that until they are a believer. Once they belong to Jesus, then you can start to lovingly point out God's views on certain sins, making sure they know of the sins you struggle with...no one is perfect.
But, having said all that, I do still stand by scripture. It is God's truth. I do not apologize for believing it, or for what it says. But I do agree that at times Christians are not, perhaps wise, in how they use it. And, of course, there are those who are not even saved, who try and use it for their own purposes. And boy, I cannot imagine how God will answer that in time to come....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but just like truth falls over without love, love becomes empty if we devoid it of God's truth
That was a lovely post, even if we don't totally see eye to eye in a couple of things..:).....The sentence I brought from your post to this reply, is about Gods Love and Gods Truth, there is no way what so ever of one being without the other...Gods Love IS Truth and this Truth leads to Life for us, when we are willing to completely receive His forgiveness and assurance of life everlasting, surrender into that Love and cease from trying to save ourselves....
I have gotten many wonderful truth's from people in churches and the Bible, but the only ones I can be 100% assured of are the ones I have gotten from Him.....Each believer is offered this, open communication with Him, if we are willing ? The fundamental substance of God is that He IS Love, He is full of Life, Light, Truth, Wisdom, Righteousness, Kindness, patience and on and on...1 Cor. 13 has a bit of a peek at it, but it's only when it becomes a reality in our lives, when we truly receive that Love for ourselves and the realization that His Love extends to every human, that we can begin to grow His way......He doesn't seem to stop us when we choose the hard way to do things, when In Him it would be a much lesser burden...... It's up to us which path we choose...The narrow path which is only in Him or the wide one, full of men's own works or understandings ? Sorry, not meaning to get all morose here, but I have had some very very bad experiences with people calling themselves Christians, where I was not able to find that in them at all, but I do know that He still Loves them and desires for them to turn to His face, to have the courage to face Him in the knowledge that all of our sin has been done away with by Christ.
Because religions are quite often full of guilt and shame stuff, many are not in too much of a hurry to look Him in the eyes, which I do find sad........Anyway, thanks again for your response...:)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know "...He still has His body, only not the blood..." ?
You have stated on previous posts that you have met with your Jesus,
That is correct...7 times at length over a 32 year period......I can say unequivocally that He has a solid body, because at one point the first time, I was able to lean against Him...Although He started out as just the brightest light you ever saw, but it didn't hurt my eyes, didn't make me squint........
He is the one who has taught me about His blood, the Life in that blood, and how it needed to go onto the Mercy Seat in the Heavenly realm, to be that once for all sacrifice, and since His blood had no sin in it, it had no death in it, and thus it can never die, so neither will Gods mercy.........
I know there is plentiful truth in the Bible, but He sure has some too, and I love asking Him things I may not be able to get the answer to from the Bible...some things He told me long before I even set eyes on a Bible, so yes, I know there to be truth in there, but like any hidden treasure, we must "Ask, seek and knock' to come into truth, more and more........All the Glory belongs to Him, we cannot earn some of that glory by trying to study real hard, go to church a lot, read the Bible a lot etc.....all we can do is to gratefully accept His amazing gift to us and begin our newfound relationship with our Living Christ...He is more than enough !

Reactions: amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
pparition ...He is eternally limited through having a body that can only be one place at a time...His omnipresence is only through the Spirit.
He is One with The Holy Spirit and the Father..I assure you He CAN be with all of us....Does not even the Bible quote Him as saying :" I will be with you always, even till the end of the world." ? He gave me His very own Word on that, to my face....He said, and I quote :" Remember ! I am always here, whether you can see me or not.", as He said the last few words, He vanished from my sight, but I could still hear Him from the same place...You can believe that or not, up to you.....You should really just ask Him and then await the response...
His blood was put upon the Mercy Seat in Heaven, the eternal one and now our Fathers mercy is secured, eternally, for us, because of Jesus' sacrifice.
The human ways are shadows of the true things, so we must also accept, that there may be more to them than those who are merely shadows imho...

Reactions: amadeus
B

brakelite

I agree
He is One with The Holy Spirit and the Father..I assure you He CAN be with all of us....Does not even the Bible quote Him as saying :" I will be with you always, even till the end of the world." ? He gave me His very own Word on that, to my face....He said, and I quote :" Remember ! I am always here, whether you can see me or not.", as He said the last few words, He vanished from my sight, but I could still hear Him from the same place...You can believe that or not, up to you.....You should really just ask Him and then await the response...
His blood was put upon the Mercy Seat in Heaven, the eternal one and now our Fathers mercy is secured, eternally, for us, because of Jesus' sacrifice.
The human ways are shadows of the true things, so we must also accept, that there may be more to them than those who are merely shadows imho...
Indeed He is with us...by His Spirit. Christ in us, the hope of glory. But physically, He is with His Father, ministering before Him in the heavenly sanctuary as our High Priest, and will not leave until He comes to take us home.
That doesn't mean that there are no physical manifestations of the supernatural. Angels can manifest themselves physically, and do so often, many times unnoticed. They are God's chosen vessels to minister to us in protection, guidance, and conviction...the holy Spirit in them doing God's bidding.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From 2Corinthians 4:18... while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the years I have belonged to several church assemblies and visited many more. I have never found one without some of that friction. One place in scripture that comes to mind is here:

"And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick." Matt 9:11-12

Perhaps not every one of us who believes is to be the physician that Jesus was... but at one time or another probably everyone of will be so used if we are making ourselves available. Some of us definitely need to be meeting with a certain group of people so that God can work through us to at least point out the error of friction that needs to be fixed. Can we fix it? Jesus could not fix all of the troubles of all of the people he met because they were unwilling to yield themselves to him or to tear themselves away from whatever was their first love. We can also not fix everything but sometimes just the witness of our lives is required... the rest being up to those who are witnessing our witness.

But... likely some people should not be meeting with such assemblies regularly because God has a different purpose for them. They are a different part of the Body of Christ with a different function. Even though I have been a church 'goer' for many years, I have met quite a few people online and offline who love and serve God without attending any assembly regularly or belonging to one.

Each true believer in God and His Way is called, but we are NOT all called to be the same part of the Body and very often we may not understand what it is the other person is doing or is to do. God sees and knows. If something is wrong, will He not see it and will He not make the person aware? If He really wants our intervention, will He not let us know?

As our missing friend @"ByGrace" is often wont to say... "Just saying"

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, is that how it reads?
I thought it said I am your good shepherd, now give me all your money and don't ask for any of it back.
I'll pray for you instead.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, is that how it reads?
I thought it said I am your good shepherd, now give me all your money and don't ask for any of it back.
I'll pray for you instead.

Yeah, glad The Catholic guy could clear it up with some scripture.

Btw, the Catholic church has helped me out with money on several occassions, during times of need.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But physically, He is with His Father, ministering
I can't pretend to comprehend how it is possible for Him to be with us, unseen, but still somehow both seated in Heaven and with us, as well as us being indwelt by His Holy Spirit, which is to seal our spirits and supposedly become our teacher, guide, revealer of truth, comforter and so on.
I can only say what happened and what He said...And as much as He had begun as pure light but then showed me , what appeared as a normal human body, then to vanish while still speaking, but no body nor light...I can't explain that at all, but that is what He said :" Remember, I am always here, whether you can see me or not."....And that would have to go for every one of His, every believer.
The only thing I can think of, is that once He was 'back' with God, just like God is omnipresent, He must somehow also be able to be now, and it seems , in whatever form He chooses.....I don't know, but I do know, that this is how I came to believe..

Reactions: mjrhealth