Embracing "All Truth."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Embracing "All Truth."

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. John 16:13

So...Jesus in preparation for leaving his disciples and going to the cross, and to the Father, and after telling them “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now." John 16:12, explained above in verse 13 just how the rest of "all truth" would come to them by the "Spirit of truth."

The New Testament then elaborates on the coming of the Holy Spirit beginning at Pentecost, and continuing on thereafter to follow the onset of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ. Thus, this is what Jesus arranged and was meant for our times--these times of the gentiles.

The apostle Paul (the apostle to the gentiles) goes on then to counsel the need to "press on...leaving behind the elementary principles of Christ" Hebrews 6:1 / Philippians 3:12. So far, so good. All of this was then entered into the canon of scripture...and for the last 2,000 years we all have been "pressing on...leaving behind the elementary principles of Christ."---Wrong!

No, in fact, other than some wacko would be kooks, and those falsely being accused of such...nothing. No pressing, no leaving, no, but plenty of elementary principles of Christ. Thank God for that!

So...how is this supposed to work, and just how much time do we need to warm up to the idea of doing what was intended for us? Another millennium?

Well, gauging from some of the response that go on here day in and day out--it's never going to happen...not until we are all dead and buried and face to face with Jesus in the great bye and bye, and Him asking us "What have you been waiting for?" And if Jesus were to ask me what my testimony is regarding this reluctance--that is exactly what I would tell Him...because, shamefully, it's the truth.

But...here is how it is supposed to work--basically, I just told you (above). Were are supposed to confess, die to ourselves, repent, and live to God through Christ...learn the elementary principles of salvation: "not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment" Hebrews 6:1-2, then "go on to perfection", by receiving the Holy Spirit, and exercising the God given gifts of the Holy Spirit, building upon the foundation of "precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little" in spiritual succession Isaiah 28:13 until the end. Not by leaders only, and not because one "thinks" they can or "might" be good at it, but by every good gift from God, and by all who have been indwelled by the Holy Spirit, according to [His] purpose.

What do you think--are we ready to bear "all truth?"

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG