• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Galatians 2:20 KJV​

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Read full chapter

2 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV​

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Can you please explain what it means to be birthed in the Spirit?

If you post scripture please interpret....how does one know they are born again?
Don't answer my question with a question-explain the doctrine of sanctification and how is it applicable in our lives?
Shouldn't be that difficult.
I think most of us have been "birthed" in/by the Spirit-is that your gospel message to a lost and dying world?
What is the gospel as per Paul and the gospel accounts?
That's all I want to know.
J.

Reactions: Lizbeth and Keturah

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't answer my question with a question-explain the doctrine of sanctification and how is it applicable in our lives?
Shouldn't be that difficult.
I think most of us have been "birthed" in/by the Spirit-is that your gospel message to a lost and dying world?
What is the gospel as per Paul and the gospel accounts?
That's all I want to know.
J.
I have already explained what it means, my question to you is, why you aren’t understanding it?

How do you know you have been birthed in the Spirit..that was all I asked you, you have asked me that question many times and I explained to you what it meant... I meant no offence and am now wondering why you took such offence to my asking you a simple question.

How does one know they are “ Born Again”?

I’m not asking the world ,I’m asking you...who is a Born Again....and still confused to you getting so defensive over it.....it’s ok though...no worries...have a great day.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have already explained what it means, my question to you is, why you aren’t understanding it?

How do you know you have been birthed in the Spirit..that was all I asked you, I meant no offence and am now wondering why you took such offence?
Where have you explained the doctrine of sanctification?
Give me the post number.
There's always a reason why I ask something-being "birthed" in/by the Spirit is one momentous event, what is the gospel?

So, in fact, I'm asking you to give me your explanation re sanctification and what is the gospel-

ἁγιασμόν
Transliteration: hagiasmon
Morphology: N-AMS
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's no.: G38 (ἁγιασμός)
Meaning: The process of making or becoming holy, set apart, sanctification, holiness, consecration.

εὐαγγέλιον
Transliteration: euangelion
Morphology: N-ANS
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's no.: G2098 (εὐαγγέλιον)
Meaning: The good news of the coming of the Messiah, the gospel; the gen. after it expresses sometimes the giver (God), sometimes the subject (the Messiah, etc.), sometimes the human transmitter (an apostle).

Transliteration: euangelion
Morphology: N-NNS
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's no.: G2098 (εὐαγγέλιον)
Meaning: The good news of the coming of the Messiah, the gospel; the gen. after it expresses sometimes the giver (God), sometimes the subject (the Messiah, etc.), sometimes the human transmitter (an apostle).

J.

Reactions: Keturah

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I have tried to explain...my post is above @Johann ....I’m sorry if it’s not what you want to hear or that you even understand...I can only be led by the Spirit to explain....that is your own opinion that I haven’t explained it, and no doubt a few others...no worries...God Bless and have a great day.

I have no idea why I have no understanding of your theology.....it’s completely foreign to me and I believe mine is to you....

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As I have tried to explain...my post is above @Johann ....I’m sorry if it’s not what you want to hear or that you even understand...I can only be led by the Spirit to explain....that is your own opinion that I haven’t explained it, and no doubt a few others...no worries...God Bless and have a great day.
You have "explained" nothing-and you can "only explain as you are led by the Spirit?"

I don't go by my or your opinions-so I take it you concede the point.
Have a blessed day.
J.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so, listen for the Cross in their teaching...............as its there, or its being denied by them, as they replace it with SELF effort., of some kind.
"doing this, keeping that"............. To be saved or stay saved.
THAT is the "Heretic.
Amen!!....I’m well aware of this self effort..it’s all over this thread..LOL.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have not learned that Jesus died for your sin.
This is why you found a verse that isn't given to the Born again, that you can't understand, so that you can keep confessing what Christ has already paid for, 2000 yrs ago with His Blood and Death.

The sin of the BELIEVER is dealt with by Christ.
Thats the CROSS OF CHRIST.

You can't understand this.. and are not going to, as its not agreeing with your deception, or your Cult's theology.
You are beginning to sound like Epi-attacking other believers as being deceived and heretics, having a cultic theology- especially if they are not in agreement with your Pauline theology.
Well done, must be a bad day at the office in Israel.
J.

Last edited:
  • Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are beginning to sound like Epi-attacking other believers as being deceived and heretics,

Don't try to Identify me with that hyper religious person, Johann.

Also, sometimes you just have to read the verse in front of the verse, to get the context.
You post verses out of context, because some cult teacher you run behind like a puppy stated some theology that you believed.
Just read the verses, and get away from always posting other people's cut and paste.
I believe you have the ability to actually not always use some other man's teaching.
At least i hope so, tho you've yet to try it.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Don't try to Identify me with that hyper religious person, Johann.

Also, sometimes you just have to read the verse in front of the verse, to get the context.
You post verses out of context, because some cult teacher you run behind like a puppy stated some theology that you believed.
Just read the verses, and get away from always posting other people's cut and paste.
I believe you have the ability to actually not always use some other man's teaching.
At least i hope so, tho you've yet to try it.
As I've said, always open to correction-point out the errors in my posts-and we'll take it from there.
As for me, I appreciate scholarly work and writings-nothing cultic about that.
Johann.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You say 1 John 1:9 is not for believers- The Apostle under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit calls you a liar!
This fallacy that the first epistle of John is not EXCLUSIVELY to Christians is a part of the false teachings of the Hyper Grace heretics. And false teaching itself is a sin. They refuse to believe John, thus deceiving themselves and making God a liar. Those are sins.

Can Christians sin according to John and the other apostles? Absolutely
Should Christians confess their present sins and repent? Absolutely
Should Christians claim that they are sinless? Absolutely not.
Has God eradicated the sin nature in Christians? He has not.
Can the sin nature have dominion over the Christian? Absolutely not.

Christians who "walk in the Spirit" will focus on righteousness and avoid sinning. But that does not mean that they may not ever sin (by omission or commission). Even the great apostle Peter needed to be corrected by Paul at one point.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This fallacy that the first epistle of John is not EXCLUSIVELY to Christians is a part of the false teachings of the Hyper Grace heretics. And false teaching itself is a sin. They refuse to believe John, thus deceiving themselves and making God a liar. Those are sins.

Can Christians sin according to John and the other apostles? Absolutely
Should Christians confess their present sins and repent? Absolutely
Should Christians claim that they are sinless? Absolutely not.
Has God eradicated the sin nature in Christians? He has not.
Can the sin nature have dominion over the Christian? Absolutely not.

Christians who "walk in the Spirit" will focus on righteousness and avoid sinning. But that does not mean that they may not ever sin (by omission or commission). Even the great apostle Peter needed to be corrected by Paul at one point.
Well said brother and I fully concur. We are to crucify the flesh-does it mean Christians are unable to commit an act of sin? And I'm glad you brought up the sins of omission and commission-

Johann.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are to crucify the flesh
Can you explain to me, how “ You” do that please?

How do “ you” crucify the flesh in your own strength?

What is the flesh, ?

Can we be in the two realms....what does the word of God say?

This is the word of God.

Romans 8:9
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

New Living Translation
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

English Standard Version
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Can you explain to me, how “ You” do that please?

How do “ you” crucify the flesh in your own strength?
I have already explained this-just peruse marks and my posts.

-by adding "in my own strength" you are misreading or deliberately seeking to solicit a reaction from me.
Stay in your "lane"-which is being "birthed in the Spirit"-and nothing else, that is your gospel-kinda lopsided, to be blunt.
Have a blessed day.
J.

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As I've said, always open to correction-point out the errors in my posts-and we'll take it from there.
As for me, I appreciate scholarly work and writings-nothing cultic about that.
Johann.

I did.

I showed you that Paul was talking about not having attained to the "resurrection"

You responded by trying to associate me with the forums worst offender.

Do better.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
-by adding "in my own strength" you are misreading or deliberately seeking to solicit a reaction from me.
Stay in your "lane"-which is being "birthed in the Spirit"-and nothing else, that is your gospel-kinda lopsided, to be blunt.
I am doing no such thing, all I’m doing is asking you a question, like you have asked me many times...unfortunately from reading many of your posts, you seem to take what I say, personally or you get defensive over my questions.

It’s ok though, I understand this, as I’ve been there myself

Being birthed in the Spirit, is absolutely paramount to understanding God’s word...being born again..is extremely important...that’s why I talk about it a lot.

Without being born again...no one will see the Kingdom of God....Jesus also taught this a lot.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Actually she's just showing you that you dont know what you are talking about, and all you can do is cut and paste some man's response.
And if you can't get away with that junk, every time you post.... you'll just refuse to answer, and accuse someone falsely, or insult them.

It what you do.

Maybe Marks will show up later and try to defend you.
He always tries to help you out of the situation you create for yourself, Johann.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I did.

I showed you that Paul was talking about not having attained to the "resurrection"

You responded by trying to associate me with the forums worst offender.

Do better.
You are correct, I can do better-but you are easily offended-what you have said to a brother Ronald is not becoming a Christian and I stand by what I've said-you are sounding, to my ears, LIKE Epi, speaking in a condescendingly manner to those brothers and sisters not agreeing with you @Behold.

That aside, I'm not going to "parry back and forth" with you here-

Php 3:7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
Php 3:8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ
Php 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—
Php 3:10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
Php 3:11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

Php 3:12
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.

I am in agreement with you that Paul have not attained to perfection yet whilst in the body-awaiting his final redemption-to wit-the redemption of his body, same with us.

So why the talk about sinless perfection ALREADY obtained in THIS life, whilst in the body?

Php 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
Php 3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Php 3:15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.
Php 3:16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.
Php 3:17 Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us.
Php 3:18 For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ.
Php 3:19 Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things.
Php 3:20
But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Php 3:21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

You want to do yourself a favor? Look up the Tenses and Morphologies in this chapter-free advice.

By doing that you will quickly find out Paul's "mind"-always racing, and it will make you a more powerful expositor of the Pauline epistles-that's if you will allow others to assist and not seeing them as an enemy.

Look Ma, no commentary-I can, by the excousia and dunamis of the Ruach HaKodesh hold my own and discern error from truth.
Johann.

• Love

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have "explained" nothing-and you can "only explain as you are led by the Spirit?"

I don't go by my or your opinions-so I take it you concede the point.
Have a blessed day.
J.
Amen.
Pin it down, brother !

Reactions: Johann

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are correct, I can do better-but you are easily offended-

Im not easily offended.

But if a carnal fool tries to associate me with Episkopos because they dont have very good sense or any self control, then they will know how i feel about their deed.

Understand?
Make sure you do, Johann.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are correct, I can do better-but you are easily offended-what you have said to a brother Ronald is not becoming a Christian

You didn't quote what you are stating that i said?
Why?
Because i never said anything like that to Ronald.

So, that makes you a deceiver who is implying something as if its true.

I have never told Ronald that he's not a Christian.
Ive never told you that you're not a Believer.

You're a carnal liar, Johann.
You should repent.

Status
Not open for further replies.