• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think realizing our shortcomings is like an unfolding revelation and doesn't seem to begin to happen until we start to grow - the bible says blessed are you who mourn now for you will be comforted. It's a necessary part of maturing. We don't begin to seek what we don't realize we need until we start to realize it. Brother, I believe we are covered by grace like children who are provided for and protected and not expected to perform at an adult level by their parents while they are still children. But there comes a time when we each need to be doing better than we were as children in the faith....growing up and bringing fruit to perfection. But see if what I said about being tutored by the word/law makes sense.
Romans 5:1-2 KJV
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

The same faith we are saved with is the same faith that brings us into God's grace by which we stand, gloriously rejoicing.

But if we are lacking in faith, God has His ways.

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
13) There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

"a way of escape" that is pertinent to that temptation, "a way of escape", that is, "a save haven from the storm". A particular one. Each temptation/testing we face there is a particular desired result. Hebrews 12 speaks of that also of course, God does a particular work to give a particular result of the fruits of righteousness in us.

Matthew 6:13 KJV
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Jesus taught to pray that God would not lead us into peirasmos temptation/testing, but that He would deliver us from evil.

I don't see us being "covered by grace", to me that thinking only really relates to the OT sacrifices that "covered" sin, but did not remove sin. In Christ our sin is removed.

Law provokes flesh towards sin. I believe that's true whether the Mosaic Law, or a compilation of NT "Law". And if in fact our acceptibilty to God is determined by our obeying all the NT imperatives, I'll stick to just one, and ask who has attained that?

Be ye holy, as He is holy.

The only way a man can attain to the holiness of God is to obtain the holiness of God, and I don't see that happening by my getting better and better behaved, I only see that in walking in Christ's Spirit. I don't see that I walk in His Spirit by trying hard enough, I only find it in trusting in my reconciliation through His death.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hmm...don't think about any of that? But what is His LIGHT for then? The Lord even gave me a dream about a searchlight..

Maybe your search-light is looking for my Thread.

Welcome.

See, the LIGHT is revelation knowledge., and that is to understand who you have become "in Christ"., and never again leave that revelation that is the "renewed mind".

That Light, is Light for Life, and it will take you out of "self effort to DO Christianity"......that Jesus defined as..."apart from me you can do nothing">...and into the revelation of God's Grace that allows you to rest from SELF.

Paul told us that when he tried to DO Christianity, ......he became this....>>"that which i would do, i can't and that which i hate, i do".

See that?
That is.......wrong believing (wrong mind)(wrong faith) battling the born again spirit.

When he stopped trying to DO Christianity, and started resting in God's Grace....then Christ became his Power to do it.

"Christ always gives me the Victory"

"I can do all things, through Christ"

"""""I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.""""

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The only way a man can attain to the holiness of God is to obtain the holiness of God, and I don't see that happening by my getting better and better behaved,

This

I only see that in walking in Christ's Spirit. I don't see that I walk in His Spirit by trying hard enough,

This
I only find it in trusting in my reconciliation through His death.

This

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, the key to understanding the way out of a struggle with the flesh, is to understand that the flesh is your Thinking.
= There is the problem, found, when a believer is battling flesh.
You're battling your thinking.
A.) your born again Spirit is at odds with thinking that is not correct faith.

Thinking is "Mind". Such as being double minded...............that's not 2 Brains in one head, that is Thinking that can't find a place to land and be stable.

Walking in the Spirit, is thinking...only and always.... according to the understanding of being "made Righteous", as a "new Creation, in Christ".
I agree as long as your thinking is in the spirit and a result of God's working in you, and not due to the carnal mind taking a stance.

I think we are sometimes double minded in the sense of the flesh being at war with the spirit, ie, the carnal mind vs. the mind of Christ. That is the reality of the battle, not to condemn myself or anyone else.

Reactions: Johann and Keturah

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord even gave me a dream about a searchlight....it was partly humorous because He wanted me not to fear His searching, but rather allow it. David prayed search me and know me O Lord and see if there be any wicked way in me.
Trusting completely that Jesus has reconciled me fully to God removes all fear of His searching, He is like the doctor rooting out all that is wrong in me.

Much love!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A little leaven".............
................hmmmm

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dont think about any of that., Lisbeth.

Instead center your mind of Faith on the eternal reality of having become a "New Creation in Christ".

'I am the righteousness of GOD...........In Christ"..

This is your born again spiritual Identity., forever.

THAT is the born again child of God.

That is the "Son/Daughter" of God.

Get that MIND, and keep that MIND., as that is REAL Faith.
Let me just add this....I think there would be a danger in trying to circumvent the cross, brother, however well meaning. The process is necessary. We shouldn't skip the painful process and let our carnal mind just choose a stance. That would be unspiritual because it would be us doing that with the natural mind, the flesh, rather than what God is working in us by His Spirit. There's a difference, hope you know what I mean, it's hard to explain.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Trusting completely that Jesus has reconciled me fully to God removes all fear of His searching, He is like the doctor rooting out all that is wrong in me.

Much love!
Amen, it takes trust. And we need to endure when He feels like our enemy at times, when it is really only that He is an enemy to our carnal nature.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, it takes trust. And we need to endure when He feels like our enemy at times, when it is really only that He is an enemy to our carnal nature.
When does He seem to be your enemy? I don't see that. One of my favorite promises in Scripture is, "our God is a consuming fire". I give myself over to Him to pass through the flames as needed. Every one of His trials is His show of love for me. He will never abandon me, He always is building me, He will not be satisfied with incompletion.

I trust Him to only do for me what is love, and not just in our eyes, in His eyes. Real love!

Much love!

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When does He seem to be your enemy? I don't see that. One of my favorite promises in Scripture is, "our God is a consuming fire". I give myself over to Him to pass through the flames as needed. Every one of His trials is His show of love for me. He will never abandon me, He always is building me, He will not be satisfied with incompletion.

I trust Him to only do for me what is love, and not just in our eyes, in His eyes. Real love!

Much love!
That's just how it feels at times, to me. When the heavens seem like brass. Jesus on the cross feeling as though God was forsaking Him.

Reactions: Johann and Keturah

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Amen!!

I know the LOVE of God Through the Holy Spirit, when I was regenerated/ birthed in the Spirit....I know HE truly Loves me in my heart/ spirit.

My area was trusting the Lord as I had been let down and trampled all over before I came to the Lord.

His true Love has won me over in my trusting him....it took a long time though...he knows what he’s doing in and through us Brother..Praise Him day and night!

One thing I do know is this....the Lord will NEVER EVER let us down....he is right there with us, every step of the way, there is great JOY in my heart knowing this.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: marks and Lizbeth

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lizbeth
We have this hope that in Christ we have rest. He knows every struggle, every brass ceiling, every jungled valley in our lives & forgets us not. Jesus " felt" forsaken but he was not. Rather he was headed to his  GLORIFICATION........onward we press.I hear you !

2 TIMOTHY 2:19 KJV

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth  sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth those that are HIS. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity."

• Love
Reactions: marks and Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen!!

I know the LOVE of God Through the Holy Spirit, when I was regenerated/ birthed in the Spirit....I know HE truly Loves me in my heart/ spirit.

My area was trusting the Lord as I had been let down and trampled all over before I came to the Lord.

His true Love has won me over in my trusting him....it took a long time though...he knows what he’s doing in and through us Brother..Praise Him day and night!

One thing I do know is this....the Lord will NEVER EVER let us down....he is right there with us, every step of the way, there is great JOY in my heart knowing this.
Amen. He is a good God and faithful. I also have found that trusting Him involved/s a learning curve. Faith grows and keeps growing through experience of the Lord...how He stretches our faith.

Individual circumstances of each soul and life are not the same, so His dealings with us are likewise very individual in the details. God knows what we each need, and I believe He won't put anyone through what either they don't need or that He knows they aren't ready for. Callings differ too, so it stands to reason that how He is equipping and preparing each one for their individual callings also differ. I can't begin to fathom how He can keep hundreds of thousands of believers in mind all at once, with every little detail about them, and what they each need at any given time, He is such a great God!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. He is a good God and faithful. I also have found that trusting Him involved/s a learning curve. Faith grows and keeps growing through experience of the Lord...how He stretches our faith.

Individual circumstances of each soul and life are not the same, so His dealings with us are likewise very individual in the details. God knows what we each need, and I believe He won't put anyone through what either they don't need or that He knows they aren't ready for. Callings differ too, so it stands to reason that how He is equipping and preparing each one for their individual callings also differ. I can't begin to fathom how He can keep hundreds of thousands of believers in mind all at once, with every little detail about them, and what they each need at any given time, He is such a great God!
Amen!
tenor_gif1712760342777423786.gif1685992944556_7071566951325952355.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Lizbeth
We have this hope that in Christ we have rest. He knows every struggle, every brass ceiling, every jungled valley in our lives & forgets us not. Jesus " felt" forsaken but he was not. Rather he was headed to his  GLORIFICATION........onward we press.I hear you !

2 TIMOTHY 2:19 KJV

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth  sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth those that are HIS. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
And thank you sister! That is SO encouraging! Amen! For the joy that is set before us!

Reactions: marks and Keturah

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just how it feels at times, to me. When the heavens seem like brass. Jesus on the cross feeling as though God was forsaking Him.
So then let me ask you . . . Jesus asked why had He been forsaken, but God has promised us, He will never leave us nor forsake us. Does this mean that Jesus bore the separation from God due to sin, so we don't have to?

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Let me just add this....I think there would be a danger in trying to circumvent the cross,

You mean "circumvent the Cross" by trying to exit in the flesh, in the carnal mind, explaining that this is real Christianity?

The Cross is created to deal with your sin, so that God can birth you into Himself. "in Christ"..."one with God".
And from that Spiritual Position, born again "in Christ". we are not to exist in the same mind that is in an unbeliever, that is........>"im confused, im struggling to be good". "My flesh is fighting me, and i can't do anything but stay right there".
That is not Christianity. That is not real faith.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You mean "circumvent the Cross" by trying to exit in the flesh, in the carnal mind, explaining that this is real Christianity?

The Cross is created to deal with your sin, so that God can birth you into Himself. "in Christ"..."one with God".
And from that Spiritual Position, born again "in Christ". we are not to exist in the same mind that is in an unbeliever, that is........>"im confused, im struggling to be good". "My flesh is fighting me, and i can't do anything but stay right there".
That is not Christianity. That is not real faith.
You see, this post makes perfect sense to me as I believe he is speaking to me in the Spirit....whereas some, I haven’t a clue what they are talking about, no doubt the think the same way about my posts,Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.