• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They dont want to learn, they want to ARGUE their theology, with their ears closed and their mind shut.
Amen!!.....I should know, I’ve been there myself, .once I let go of pride that I desperately seemed to want to hold onto...why did I want to hold onto pride?..to be honest, I believe I was in ignorance of pride....as for arguing,I’d argue until the cows came home,lol.
There is another on here who loves to stir up conflicts and is on the scene as soon as there is arguing..they remind me so much of how I used to be....immature and stuck in their pride.i read on their profile page, that they were nearly banned from this forum, ...they are obviously hurting, so take it out on others, talking from my own experience, therefore I recognise it in others.....you never grow when you are in pride, not one bit...it’s scary to think that I could still be in that.

Once I let go of PRIDE Everything changed, I started to grow and mature in Christ , that old mindset had a real stronghold over me,Brother....does that make sense?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen!!.....I should know, I’ve been there myself, .once I let go of pride that I desperately seemed to want to hold onto...why did I want to hold onto pride?..to be honest, I believe I was in ignorance of pride....as for arguing,I’d argue until the cows came home,lol.

Once I let go of PRIDE Everything changed, I started to grow and mature in Christ , that old mindset had a real stronghold over me,Brother....does that make sense?

of course.

and isn't it a wonder to experience how The Truth frees you ?

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discipleship, on the other hand, is you presenting your body and behavior back to God as your discipleship, subsequent to you being SANCTIFIED and Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.
i agree BUT discipleship is a part of our sanctification. plz note part of as i see being sanctified in 3 parts positional born again placed in to the body of Christ . processive we grow in his Grace and knowledge we are a work in progress . ultimate we made it to heaven HE has completed His work in us.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, Demas was born again
is there scripture that tell us he was born again ? there could be a possibility he just thought he was born again and when paul was arrested he left went to be in the present world

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
i agree BUT discipleship is a part of our sanctification.

A person comes to the Cross as a sinning, hell bound", unbeliever.

They get off their knees, and they are become a Saint, "made righteous", sinless, born again, a "New Creation in Christ".

Now SHOW ME where you "discipshipe'd'" to become that before you were GIVEN Salvation?

So, what you do after you are become God's redeemed, is not a part of WHY God accepted you or keeps youi.

You have to make that CLEAR, or you are teaching that "as long as i do this and do that, i keep myself saved".

Its fine to teach that "as a Son of God", we are to "present our body a living Sacrifice", as long as you are not trying to teach that by doing that, is why God will keep you, or NOT.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe salvation is just a matter of believing the right truth, nor is it just a matter of believing, as such. Rather, believing means we choose to follow Christ because we believe in who he is.
agreed its from the heart romans 10:10

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
agreed its from the heart romans 10:10

Randy Kluth, is always trying to work his way into heaven, as his teaching.
He always has a "works" "do this".."must follow'.."must commit to"......"must do something by effort", as his ADD ON to the Cross of Christ., as if the Blood and Death of JESUS is not quite enough, and needs a little help.
So, that is Legalism.
That his Gospel of Works.
That is :

Galatians 1:8

Listen,
Salvation is not based on "choosing to follow Christ".

As that is our SELF EFFORT, and that is not How God Saves a person.

"its not by works of righteousness that we do, but according to God's GRACE we are saved"

"""""For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is >>not from//of yourselves<<, it is the gift of God""

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now SHOW ME where you "discipshipe'd'" to become that before you were GIVEN Salvation?
i said we become a work in progress do you cross every T and dot every I all the time ? BTW i said part of i never used term BECOME btw also the cross is the payment for our sins. the resurrections gave us eternal life

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what you do after you are become God's redeemed, is not a part of WHY God accepted you.
once again your adding to what i posted. plzzz do not cut my post with your words

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
do you cross every T and dot every I all the time ? said we become a work in progress

Im a Teacher/Evangelist.

I have stated that a lot, here on the Forum, and that puts me ON THE SPOT.

Understand?

I have to be the real deal...........and my work here, ... check it out.
Its not my OPINIONS.
Its Pauline Theology, @100%

So, i have to cross the T's and dot all the "I's".
I dont have the luxury of lazy opinion laced belief-isms.

If im just a forum member then sure, i can post my POV regarding the NT.
But because im that other one, i have to set a very strict standard, so that when i Hit the Judgement Seat, Jesus wont say to me.."um.. you kinda let some Legalism slip into THEM".

I'll never do it.
I'll never be that one, in that situation, found.

Listen,

We are already saved..
So, that is not a work in progress.

The "present your body a living sacrifice" is our obedience, is our "disciplship"

We are in the world, but not to be of it, and this separation is our sanctification, that is created by us being born again out of the Kingdom of Darkness, and "having been Translated INTO..the Kingdom of Light"...KOG

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there are ways to discern if someone is a "troll" or not. I'm not sure if the Devil has "fake fruit?" What are you basing that on?

But I agree with your sentiment that nominal Christians can walk away, and that there are many who are more interested in offering their teaching than in applying the Gospel on behalf of others. In other words, they are more centered on themselves than on those they should be helping.

In fact, I even believe that those who are truly saved can walk away from living a godly life. They may do so for all kinds of reasons, all of which are forgivable. But the idea is to help Christians through their hurdles, and to forgive them when they repent.

I don't believe salvation is just a matter of believing the right truth, nor is it just a matter of believing, as such. Rather, believing means we choose to follow Christ because we believe in who he is.

In following Christ we are choosing to follow *his righeousness.* We don't do good to earn our salvation because only Christ, our High Priest, could make atonement for us in heaven. We, as sinners, cannot legitimately atone for our own sins.

So no matter what good works we do, we still need atonement for our sins, which only came through the cross at Calvary. We apparently agree on that?

But choosing to live in the righteousness of Christ is part of choosing to follow Christ. These things cannot be separated without compromising who Christ is.

If we choose to follow him we choose to follow him as he is, as the source of all righteousness. He is not only the dispenser of good works, but he is also the one who makes us new creatures with new hearts, committing wholly to righteousness, as opposed to a half-hearted, half-way commitment.

Those who choose to follow Christ should want to do good deeds all the time. If we wish to testify to Christ, as we should, then we should not just pursue good works, but we should pursue righteousness as ones whose hearts have been converted and changed. We should continue to do good all the time, and we should encourage fellow Christians to do the same.
hmm i find nothing work based in this. in fact i agree

Reactions: Keturah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
hmm i find nothing work based in this. in fact i agree

READ more Carefully. Ezra.

Randy wrote said this..

""""""I don't believe salvation is just a matter of believing the right truth, nor is it just a matter of believing, as such. Rather, believing means we choose to follow Christ because we believe in who he is."""""

1.) "I dont believe that Salvation is just a matter of believing the right truth"

So, that is saying that "believing" is not ....."all that believe shall be saved"..

= Denies "faith is counted as Righteousness." by believing in THE TRUTH< who is Jesus... John 14:6

2.) Salvation is :" Choosing to follow Christ"...

And that is SELF EFFORT, being added to The Gift of Salvaition.

= That is Legalism

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im a Teacher/Evangelist.
and your point is ? btw i am a pastor/teacher but my title has nothing to do with it. if you dont agree so be it. our sanctification is not fully complete/ its being set a part being made Holy. we grow in him. changed from glory to glory we are being transformed every day. romans 12 not by works we have done......

Titus 3:5-7

King James Version

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life

2 Corinthians 3:18

King James Version

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
READ more Carefully. Ezra.

Randy wrote said this..

""""""I don't believe salvation is just a matter of believing the right truth, nor is it just a matter of believing, as such. Rather, believing means we choose to follow Christ because we believe in who he is."""""

1.) "I dont believe that Salvation is just a matter of believing the right truth"

So, that is saying that "believing" is not ....."all that believe shall be saved"..

= Denies "faith is counted as Righteousness." by believing in THE TRUTH< who is Jesus... John 14:6

2.) Salvation is :" Choosing to follow Christ"...

And that is SELF EFFORT, being added to The Gift of Salvaition.

= That is Legalism
tell ya what lets let him fully explain instead of your interpretation,

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We are already a "son/daughter" of God. "One with God'.

Jesus is our Sanctification, and being in Him, is completed.. 1 Corinthians 1:30

Discipleship, is to become "as many as be perfect, ... as "the fullness of the Stature of Christ".... because we are Sanctified, "in Christ" already.

What you are trying to teach as "sanctification" is "finishing the course'..."growing in Grace".... "spiritual maturity".

That's different.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But because im that other one, i have to set a very strict standard, so that when i Hit the Judgement Seat, Jesus wont say to me.."um.. you kinda let some Legalism slip into THEM".

I'll never do it.
I'll never be that one, in that situation, found.

Listen,
you Listen we all have a small amount of legalism not to be saved but the dos and don'ts. same say women wear dresses all the time. keep your head covered . women n ever speak in church. men keep your hair cut at all times wear long sleeves . never play cards etc

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are trying to teach as "sanctification" is "finishing the course'..."growing in Grace".... "spiritual maturity".

That different.
you believe it your way and i will believe it my way . know what i mean vern ? called work out your own salvation

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
tell ya what lets let him fully explain instead of your interpretation,

He couldn't.

He threw a tantrum, insulted me, and left the Thread.
Not the first time., as he has posted this same..."contract to do this", so that God will save you....LEGALISM, on 2 of my other Threads, and then when confronted, he gets angry, accuses me of "Not showing love"....

You know the drill.
Same as always, with these types.

Status
Not open for further replies.