• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But it seems to be just observable that a Christian might still do wrong once in a while,

Yes.

Paul teaches that as......"Use not your LIBERTY.....for an occasion to "do wrong"... the flesh".

What does that mean?

It means that now that you know that your sin is gone, and you are made "the righteousness of God in Christ"..... do not use this TRUTH to go and enjoy some carnal behavior.

See, Lisbeth.... sin didn't stop being fun, just because the Born again are "made free from sin".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She is famiiiar with it.

Also, a mature believer is not trying to worry about "1000 things to do next".

That is not Discipleship.
Amen!!....I wait on the Lord!....Praise God, I haven’t been called to teach.

The one thing I do is....I am 100% Born again,Hallelujah and Praise God.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is all about you ...not one word in the Spirit...just all about @Johann ....Self....Self....Self...there is no spiritual growth in self.

We must truly be in the Spirit to grow.
If you had discernment-you wouldn't make such a statement-there's no room for the ego eimi here-you simply cannot stand on your own feet, but projecting-and @Behold should caution you to think twice before you speak, you are, at the moment, not a good ambassador on his thread.
You reason like a babe in Christ.
Johann.

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True believers have left their life of sin behind...we no longer live a life of sin overall...we've experienced a sea change and are now walking in a new direction.

But it seems to be just observable that a Christian might still do wrong once in a while, either in committing or omitting as Johan pointed out, and if so we have an Advocate. I believe after coming to faith, we're not necessarily a finished work yet. Some people need healing or deliverance in areas of their soul, some might have a bondage in some area that requires more of a battle to get free of it. And it is possible to fall back into sin like a dog returning to its vomit. But in the main, as born again believers, the body of Christ, we're no longer sinning and are keeping His commands or learning to, by the Spirit in us who is leading us into all truth.

I know someone who I would say is, or has been, weak in the faith, he has problems....he came to the Lord, but at one point fell into the mire...recently it came to a crisis and the Lord delivered him from all that he had fallen into. He is a believer, but succumbed to the lure of the devil and flesh for a while, but is now back on track with the Lord, relationally too. If he weren't born of the spirit would God have answered his prayers and delivered him? I believe that was God's mercy, knowing his problems and the difficulties and limitations he has in life. I know someone else who knows the Lord, but still has serious mental health and thought processing problems. How I'm trying to understand it, it seems as though his spirit is saved, but in the area of the soul he still needs deliverance and healing. Born again believers can still and often do have problems of various sorts, and whatever anyone's particular problems may be, I believe that is the suffering and cross we carry in the time of testing and proving of our faith in the wilderness. The way I'm seeing this is that the weapon forged against the child of God will not prosper, but God uses the suffering of that weapon to work against the devil by working it together for our ultimate spiritual good until such time as deliverance comes.

The plumbline of God's word and teachings of Jesus is what it is...straight and true and unchanging. But I think, oh my, from what I'm seeing, it sometimes can be a messy and difficult business and not so cut and dried endeavouring to line up perfectly with it. Anyway, these are my thoughts and observations.
Well said.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God saves my "credibility", as He is the author of it.

And RitaJanice is connected to Paul in a way that you quite possibly will never understand, and that is not because i have not tried to help you for about a year.

Now.

go ahead and "cut and paste" as that is your ministry.
Which is somewhat above you-hopefully for your benefit-as I have said, you are NOT above correction Behold.
Johann.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True believers have left their life of sin behind...we no longer live a life of sin overall...we've experienced a sea change and are now walking in a new direction.

But it seems to be just observable that a Christian might still do wrong once in a while, either in committing or omitting as Johan pointed out, and if so we have an Advocate. I believe after coming to faith, we're not necessarily a finished work yet. Some people need healing or deliverance in areas of their soul, some might have a bondage in some area that requires more of a battle to get free of it. And it is possible to fall back into sin like a dog returning to its vomit. But in the main, as born again believers, the body of Christ, we're no longer sinning and are keeping His commands or learning to, by the Spirit in us who is leading us into all truth.

I know someone who I would say is, or has been, weak in the faith, he has problems....he came to the Lord, but at one point fell into the mire...recently it came to a crisis and the Lord delivered him from all that he had fallen into. He is a believer, but succumbed to the lure of the devil and flesh for a while, but is now back on track with the Lord, relationally too. If he weren't born of the spirit would God have answered his prayers and delivered him? I believe that was God's mercy, knowing his problems and the difficulties and limitations he has in life. I know someone else who knows the Lord, but still has serious mental health and thought processing problems. How I'm trying to understand it, it seems as though his spirit is saved, but in the area of the soul he still needs deliverance and healing. Born again believers can still and often do have problems of various sorts, and whatever anyone's particular problems may be, I believe that is the suffering and cross we carry in the time of testing and proving of our faith in the wilderness. The way I'm seeing this is that the weapon forged against the child of God will not prosper, but God uses the suffering of that weapon to work against the devil by working it together for our ultimate spiritual good until such time as deliverance comes.

The plumbline of God's word and teachings of Jesus is what it is...straight and true and unchanging. But I think, oh my, from what I'm seeing, it sometimes can be a messy and difficult business and not so cut and dried endeavouring to line up perfectly with it. Anyway, these are my thoughts and observations.
Yes christains may err from time to time . Even peter and barnabas erred when they seperated the jews
from the gentiles .
Peter did it because OF FEAR . But he recieved correction . SEE that .
Paul came . Paul came and CORRECTED , REBUKED HIM BEFORE ALL .
See .
This is what i have also been saying . IF WE SEE ERROR in BRETHREN , CORRECT IT .
We have to keep the pattern the same as they did and taught . ITS the only pattern that works .
What we cannot do and must not do , is allow ungodly men and women to
teach the church HOW TO DO or what TO DO and what NOT to do .
And they did this with seeker friendly . THEY GOT their notes from unbelievers , men and women of the world .
THEY asked them WHAT can we do to make YOU HAPPY In a church . BIG MISTAKE .
BIG mistake . We dont learn from men of the world on how to run a church .
THIS IS WHY CORRECTION was ceased within the churches . THIS is also why
so much enterianment was brought in . Our pattern should have been the one Christ and the aposetls had set for the church .
It would be like me going to a homosexual and asking him
WHAT can i do to bring you back to church . WHAT do you think HE or she is gonna say .
WELL , they didnt like the preaching about sin , they didnt like this or that .
THIS is what they did . And it wasnt just for that sin eithier . OF course unrepentant sinners
DONT want to hear about sin and the grave dangers of it .
WHY do you think correction , warnings about not sinning , ARE NOW SO SILENT IN THE CHURCHES .
Cause the church pandered to the world to win the world by WORDLY MEANS . ONLY
we cant win the world by wordly means . IF we fish for men with wordly bait
we wont catch souls for Christ . At best you will hook fish whose love is for the world
and at most they will recieve an appearnce of godliness , but DENY THE POWER thereof .
WE must return to fishing for men WITH THE TRUTH as OUR BAIT .
And we must return to feeding men and women in the church WITH THE PURE and HOLY FOOD OF THE LORD , HIS TRUTH
and all those reminders . OR worse it will continue to get. SURE you will get large numbers
fishing with wordly bait , ONLY the souls you bring in with said bait , YOU WILL have to keep feeding with wordly bait
TO KEEP THEM . and this is what they do . AND thus none are saved
and worse the church straves to death overtime . And in the end you have a large church
filled full , FULL of empty souls that have no idea what christanity has lost , LET ALONE THAT THEY TOO are STILL LOST
lost in their sins without hope and yet believing they see the LIGHT . WHEN in truth
the light they have been shown is darkness . AND if the light that be in them be darkness , GREAT and GREATER STILL
will that darkness be and get . TIME FOR BIBLES at the forefront of churches again . all sound doctrine .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Which is somewhat above you-hopefully for your benefit-as I have said, you are NOT above correction Behold.
Johann.

Father God corrects me quite a bit., Johann.
Its a part of being born again.

People will never be perfect, until we are "conformed into the image of Christ"......but, our Theology can be perfect.

"as many as be perfect'.... Paul teaches... and that is the renewed mind and "sound doctrine".

Yours will begin to go in that direction when you get away from "man's theology" who isn't Paul, and you stop trying to remember the 1000 things you have never done yet, as your discipleship.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
f you had discernment-you wouldn't make such a statement-there's no room for the ego eimi here-you simply cannot stand on your own feet, but projecting-and @Behold should caution you to think twice before you speak, you are, at the moment, not a good ambassador on his thread.
You reason like a babe in Christ.
Dear @Johann ...I will never involve myself in “ self”,.....I stand on the Living word of God...not on my own two feet....be blessed...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Me too...Amen....

Of course.

after all... Jesus is God, and when He was in the flesh... virgin born..

""""Jesus LEARNED OBEDIENCE BY The things He Suffered".

And we are nowhere near that Beautiful Lamb.......at all.

But, we can look back on how we use to be, and see the "glory to glory" change,
We can remember how we use to live for sin, and now we don't.

= PRAISE GOD....Thank you JESUS.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Behold.

A member said, they don’t walk in the Spirit 24/7 or that they are sinless, the more they come to know Jesus they say, the more they realise their shortcomings....

Do you know what this means?
I believe it means they have left the joys of care-free carnal babyhood and are beginning to grow. We all need to come to a place of realizing by the light of the Lord that "in me, that is in my flesh, is no good thing". I believe this intimate searching and cleansing - search me and know me o God - is even what it means to be the Bride (of Christ), as the Lord was gracious to teach and encourage me one time. Catching the little foxes that ruin the vineyard, BREAKING up our fallow ground to be ready for the planting of seed, etc. There's that theme of brokenness again.. who falls on the Rock will be broken......rending/breaking our hearts and not just our garments.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But, we can look back on how we use to be, and see the "glory to glory" change,
We can remember how we use to live for sin, and now we don't.
In Jesus Name....Amen!!....Praise God..All Glory to Jesus.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe it means they have left the joys of care-free carnal babyhood and are beginning to grow. We all need to come to a place of realizing by the light of the Lord that "in me, that is in my flesh, is no good thing". I believe this intimate searching and cleansing -

Searching ,yes, cleansing..what do you mean by cleansing?...my mind is being renewed daily, that’s what I mean by searching...
search me and know me o God - is even what it means to be the Bride (of Christ), as the Lord was gracious to teach and encourage me one time. Catching the little foxes that ruin the vineyard, BREAKING up our fallow ground to be ready for the planting of seed, etc. There's that theme of brokenness again.. who falls on the Rock will be broken......rending/breaking our hearts and not just our garments.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why dont you report Johanne for abusing RitaJanice with his posts?

Didnt you notice yet, or are you just too busy being carnal and "picking sides".

Baby believers do that a lot on forums, Keturah.
Speaking truth, as it stands written in Scriptures, is not abuse Behold
2 Thessalonians 3:15
Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Romans 16:17
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.

Titus 3:10-11
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

1 Timothy 5:20
As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

1 Corinthians 5:1-13
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. ...

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

James 5:19-20
My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Romans 14:1-23
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

Ezekiel 33:7-12
“So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked person shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. “And you, son of man, say to the house of Israel, Thus have you said: ‘Surely our transgressions and our sins are upon us, and we rot away because of them. How then can we live?’ Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel? ...

Luke 17:3-4
Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”

Matthew 7:1
“Judge not, that you be not judged.

Acts 20:28
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.

Galatians 2:11-14

But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

1 Timothy 5:1-2
Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity.

Leviticus 19:17
“You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

Luke 17:3
Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him,

What are you doing, not correcting God's flock, which is not your flock?
Johann.

Status
Not open for further replies.