• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 28:15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.

Exo 28:29 And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually.
Exo 28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

Isa 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

What was to be placed in Aaron's breastplate that he bore before the Lord continually?
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Aaron bore the judgement of the children upon himself. Their names were set in it. And righteous Judgement was set in it.
And he stood before the Lord clothed in this breatplate of faith and love continually.

What are the Urim and the Thummim?
Exo 28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

There are also stones that are set in the breatplate.
There are stones throughout the OT that represent the names of the tribes of the children of Israel.

Isa 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Righteousness represents the breastplate of faith and love and the stones/names

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

The breatplate that was made for Aaron had Onyx stones in it.

iu

From Onyx to White....

Just thinking..
Hugs

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Aharon...when my ex found out I'd gone fishing when I was supposed to be doing something else! Lol

Reactions: Ziggy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And don't forget faith! Lol

These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where in scripture is it written, "I am YHWH Abraham or YHWH Isaac or YHWH Jacob

I find it very interesting that people just ignore Revelation 1:5, 6 where is says: And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Right there at Revelation 1:5, 6 it says that Jesus is the faithful witness. Who is he a witness for? Also at verse 6 it says that Jesus has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father. This scripture verse 6 is very clear that Jesus has made his disciples kings and priests to God and his Father. So Jesus when he is in heaven is admitting he's not God.
At Revelation 1:8- this scripture is saying it's Jehovah God saying that he is the alpha and Omega the Almighty, it's not Jesus Christ saying that he's the Almighty.
He is all of these....
And when you read Revelation 1:8 is Jesus contradicting what He has said in those scriptures you quoted?
It is difficult isn't it...to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Trinity is true or that it isn't.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 28:15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.

Exo 28:29 And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually.

Isa 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

What was to be placed in Aaron's breastplate that he bore before the Lord continually?
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Aaron bore the judgement of the children upon himself. Their names were set in it. And righteous Judgement was set in it.
And he stood before the Lord clothed in this breatplate of faith and love continually.

What are the Urim and the Thummim?

There are also stones that are set in the breatplate.
There are stones throughout the OT that represent the names of the tribes of the children of Israel.

Isa 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Righteousness represents the breastplate of faith and love and the stones/names

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

The breatplate that was made for Aaron had Onyx stones in it.

iu

From Onyx to White....

Just thinking..
Hugs
Ziggy you are amazing....love these scriptures about breastplate and its purpose in various ways.

Reactions: Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Father, Son and Holy Spirit are deeply present in Scripture: John's Gospel, esp. chapters 13 - 17; Romans 8; John's First Epistle. The witness of Scripture is truly saturated with God in Three Persons.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Master of the Universe...Yahweh-Elohim is His name!
Adonai...El Shadai...are names of the Lord Most High!
Jesus Yeshua died for us because He loves us!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
That is where many fail, as I have in the past. When it is being tested this is when it seems that God is nowhere around...that your prayers are in vain....and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
This is when we have to stand and fight the good fight if faith....

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is where many fail, as I have in the past. When it is being tested this is when it seems that God is nowhere around...that your prayers are in vain....and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
This is when we have to stand and fight the good fight if faith....
I have felt like a tube of toothpaste where God is squeezing me to get what's inside, out!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where in scripture is it written, "I am YHWH Abraham or YHWH Isaac or YHWH Jacob

I find it very interesting that people just ignore Revelation 1:5, 6 where is says: And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Right there at Revelation 1:5, 6 it says that Jesus is the faithful witness. Who is he a witness for? Also at verse 6 it says that Jesus has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father. This scripture verse 6 is very clear that Jesus has made his disciples kings and priests to God and his Father. So Jesus when he is in heaven is admitting he's not God.
At Revelation 1:8- this scripture is saying it's Jehovah God saying that he is the alpha and Omega the Almighty, it's not Jesus Christ saying that he's the Almighty.

Yes it does: Exodus 3: 14-15

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:
‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also told Moses,“Say to the Israelites,
‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

THREE connected and inseparable declarations of God attached to THREE separate individuals.
YHWH Abraham
YHWH Isaac
YHWH Jacob

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe with all my heart that Jesus is Jehovah, the God of Abraham and Isaac, He is the I AM.

That is not the God of the JWs. Their god is the god of the Pharisees. They are crucifying Jesus over again.

Absolutely True, not by the words of men, but by God's Own WORD - Amen

Reactions: Cooper

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does: Exodus 3: 14-15

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:
‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also told Moses,“Say to the Israelites,
‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

THREE connected and inseparable declarations of God attached to THREE separate individuals.
YHWH Abraham
YHWH Isaac
YHWH Jacob
Not trying to be rude...but will you start a thread and continue discussing the Trinity there? I really want to keep this on topic...thanks.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

i find it very interesting that people ignore Revelation chapter 21 - 22.

But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

One Temple consisting of THREE ELOHIM

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. Rev 22:1

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Revelation 22: 18 -19

Same ELOHIM from Genesis and Exodus 3:14-15

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..I have been meditating on the armor of God and it suddenly hit me...
So here is the sequence of how my thoughts went.
1. Daily putting on the Armor of God...which requires salvation (helmet), righteousness in Him (breastplate), Truth (loin cloth...the knowledge and rightfully discerning His Truth), knowing His Word through diligent study (shoes, feet shod with preparation of the Gospel), Discernment (Sword of Truth...rightly dividing any false teaching), Faith (Shield to ward off Satan's attacks).

Now my second thought...
If the battle belongs to the Lord then why are we warring with the enemy.

Then it dawned on me....
I speak of engaging in spiritual warfare all the time but I came to realize the warfare isn't to defeat the enemy and battle his demons (He is already defeated)
0Our warfare is to fight .....now wait for it....the good fight of faith!
Our faith is the only thing God cannot do for us....
He gives each of us a measure of faith but to increase our faith we have to hear the Word...
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God....
So in conclusion I have realized I have been fighting the wrong battle (the battle belongs to the Lord and the enemy is already defeated)...
My armor is to war against the enemy trying to destroy my FAITH!

How many times in my life did I lose faith that He would intervene and I would prevail in my trials and tribulations. Too many...I am ashamed to say.

So I am convinced beyond any doubt that it is our faith that we are protecting against the enemy in our lives....

Guarding our faith is harder than it sounds isn't it?

Excellent!! And Amen!!!

:)

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul