• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now here is another thought to ponder....
Faith and the Word are held in our hands....we don't wear them like the rest of the armor....we USE them.....wow!...now I don't know about you but things are starting to get a whole lot clearer to me...
There are numerous scriptures that references our spiritual garments..
Robe of righteousness
Garland of Praise
Garment of Salvation
Etc...etc
Also our garments are called filthy rags ...just an fyi
I'm reminded also Paul's words, You are the crown of my rejoicing in the presence of the Lord at His coming.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a bit of a catch to maturing in our faith...it has to be saddled with love.
As important as faith is...without love faith is lost.

"We couldn't live our lives without faith or hope: without faith, we cannot know the God of love; without hope, we would not endure in our faith until we meet him face to face. But in spite of the importance of faith and hope, love is even more crucial.
Why is love the greatest?
Because without love, the Bible teaches there can be no redemption. In Scripture we learn that God is love (1 John 4:8) and that he sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us — a supreme act of sacrificial love. Love is what motivated God the Father to send His only Son to die for us. Thus, love is the virtue upon which all Christian faith and hope now stand.
For the believer, love is the foundation for every good thing in our lives. Without love, nothing else matters.

Fairchild, Mary. (2020, August 28). Faith, Hope, and Love: 1 Corinthians 13:13. Retrieved from Know the Meaning of the "Faith, Hope, and Love" Bible Verse

Galatians 5:5-6 KJV
5) For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6) For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just shared this on another thread.

In Revelation Jesus calls Himself the Alpha and Omega....the Almighty

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.—
Revelation 1:8 (KJV)

That is Jesus outright admitting He is the Almighty God...the Alpha and Omega...the beginning...(can't get any sooner than the beginning of all things) and the end...(can't get any farther than the end of all things)

What do you think?
It's just like where Paul wrote that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where many fail, as I have in the past. When it is being tested this is when it seems that God is nowhere around...that your prayers are in vain....and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
This is when we have to stand and fight the good fight if faith....
He works ALL things for our good.

Trials deliver us to an intended destination.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is all of these....
And when you read Revelation 1:8 is Jesus contradicting what He has said in those scriptures you quoted?
It is difficult isn't it...to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Trinity is true or that it isn't.

The scriptures which obviously you don't care anything about, doesn't say that he's YHWH Abraham or YHWH Isaac or YHWH Jacob. The scriptures say that YHWH is the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. Jesus isn't contradicting anything in the book of Revelations. You just have no faith in what the scriptures say, and that's on you. Revelation 1:8 is YHWH saying he's the Alpha and Omega, not Jesus.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does: Exodus 3: 14-15

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:
‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also told Moses,“Say to the Israelites,
‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

THREE connected and inseparable declarations of God attached to THREE separate individuals.
YHWH Abraham
YHWH Isaac
YHWH Jacob

This scripture that says, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob is just saying he's the God of those three persons not that he was those three persons.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No where in scripture is it written, "I am YHWH Abraham or YHWH Isaac or YHWH Jacob

I find it very interesting that people just ignore Revelation 1:5, 6 where is says: And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Right there at Revelation 1:5, 6 it says that Jesus is the faithful witness. Who is he a witness for? Also at verse 6 it says that Jesus has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father. This scripture verse 6 is very clear that Jesus has made his disciples kings and priests to God and his Father. So Jesus when he is in heaven is admitting he's not God.
At Revelation 1:8- this scripture is saying it's Jehovah God saying that he is the alpha and Omega the Almighty, it's not Jesus Christ saying that he's the Almighty.

Revelation 1:6 "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

We know who the Father is, who then is GOD?

Revelation 1:6 tells us
"JESUS IS GOD."

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The scriptures which obviously you don't care anything about, doesn't say that he's YHWH Abraham or YHWH Isaac or YHWH Jacob. The scriptures say that YHWH is the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. Jesus isn't contradicting anything in the book of Revelations. You just have no faith in what the scriptures say, and that's on you. Revelation 1:8 is YHWH saying he's the Alpha and Omega, not Jesus.

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega. Jehovah is the Alpha and Omega.

GOD IS ONE. Revelation 1:8 confirms JESUS IS GOD.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Barney, can we have a debate without demeaning, insulting, or being rude?
I care a great deal about scripture, I do study it with emphasis on gaining wisdom, knowledge and understanding of it. When something is perplexing to me I ask the Holy Spirit to open my eyes to see...and sometimes I even ask the forum for input.
I don't believe I have ever insulted you for what you believe.
So as to my response to your post I didn't exclude the part about Jesus being Abraham, Isaac or Jacob...which is my bad. But all other adjectives and titles is what I referred to.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have asked twice now and this is the 3rd time....
Please get back on topic!

Reactions: amadeus

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have asked twice now and this is the 3rd time....
Please get back on topic!
I would love for this study of yours, when it is finished, to be all in one place, where it can be read through without interruption. You have given us a wonderful word and I thank you.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would love for this study of yours to be all in one place, where it can be read through without interruption. You have given us a wonderful word. Thank you.
Thank you Cooper...so shall we continue?
I really want to get to trial by fire of our faith.

Reactions: Cooper

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are numerous scriptures that references our spiritual garments..
Robe of righteousness
Garland of Praise
Garment of Salvation
Etc...etc
Also our garments are called filthy rags ...just an fyi

garland of praise makes me think of Isaiah 61:1-4 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; (upon, could this be in reference to the whole armour of God?) because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; [2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; [3] To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. [4] And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
garland of praise makes me think of Isaiah 61:1-4 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; (upon, could this be in reference to the whole armour of God?) because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; [2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; [3] To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. [4] And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

Did our Lord wear the armour of God or is He the Armour of God - that is the real question my friend.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did our Lord wear the armour of God or is He the Armour of God - that is the real question my friend.
Ohhh good question!
Scripture says to put on the Lord Jesus Christ
“But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.”
— Romans 13:14 (KJV)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ohhh good question!
Scripture says to put on the Lord Jesus Christ
“But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.”
— Romans 13:14 (KJV)
He don't need armor, man! He's the God of glory...His glory thunders throughout the earth!
When He appears, His glory's going to rip apart the sky!
The mountains will melt like wax!