• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the enemy seek to overpower us?
The same way he brought the all of creation into bondage - 'adding to and taking away from God's words'.

How did Jesus defeat the enemy when He was tempted? - Jesus said "It is written".
Now did Jesus just speak the word of God or did He speak it and act upon it = obedience.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
2 Cor 10: 3-6

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle Paul and I are in agreement, the Apostle Paul teaches that those who believe Jesus is Jehovah Gods Christ and confesses that Jehovah God has made Jesus our Lord and exercises faith that Jehovah God has resurrected Jesus Christ from the dead will be saved. Verse 13 says all those calling on Jehovah will be saved.
I had a king James Bible long before I became a Jehovah witness and at Romans 10:13 where the word Lord is at, there was a little letter beside that word Lord and when you went to the margin of the Bible and looked at that letter it said that the lord in verse 13 was Jehovah, not Jesus. You pray to Jehovah God through the name Jesus Christ because Jesus is Jehovah God Christ and Jehovah God has made Jesus our Lord and king and our High Priest between Jehovah God and mankind

You do not understand Scripture - Jehovah is Jesus and He is the One who spoke to Moses in the bush.
There are Three who make up the Godhead - Elohim Father Elohim Son Elohim Holy Spirit - Exodus 3

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Sa 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

Psa 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psa 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

We are clothed in Him. He is our Armour. And we put on the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is our hope and shield.

Psa 119:114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Good thread.
Thank You
Hugs
Well I know this isn't all of them but you certainly gave plenty in scriptures relating to our armor!
Thanks!

Reactions: Ziggy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the enemy seek to overpower us?
The same way he brought the all of creation into bondage - 'adding to and taking away from God's words'.

How did Jesus defeat the enemy when He was tempted? - Jesus said "It is written".
Now did Jesus just speak the word of God or did He speak it and act upon it = obedience.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
2 Cor 10: 3-6
Agree and to go deeper in understanding where Satan constantly attacks comes down to our "free will" that God gave us...our carnal reasoning which is no match against Satan's deception.
When He was tempting Jesus he was appealing to Jesus "pride" so to speak...as in wanting to defend who He was to Satan....but Jesus didn't take the bait...as you said he spoke the Word....that powerful Word....the Sword of Truth....
Amen!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree and to go deeper in understanding where Satan constantly attacks comes down to our "free will" that God gave us...our carnal reasoning which is no match against Satan's deception.
When He was tempting Jesus he was appealing to Jesus "pride" so to speak...as in wanting to defend who He was to Satan....but Jesus didn't take the bait...as you said he spoke the Word....that powerful Word....the Sword of Truth....
Amen!

i love all what you said and in particular "carnal reasoning is no match against satan's deception".

This is how the deceiver establishes false teachings from the bible. He appeals to the carnal mind of man.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s because God set it up so those with a shallow and limited understanding of the scriptures only need understand that He is Gods son to be saved.

And Jehovah is still a made up name for God, and has an extra syllable because of that little fact.

The four hebrew letters, YHWH have never been pronounced Jesus. The scriptures have always taught it's those that exercises faith that it was YHWH God Only Begotten Son that died for mankind was resurrected by YHWH God and that YHWH God has made his Son Jesus our Lord and King. So as I said, the Apostle Paul and I are in agreement. We pray to YHWH God through his Only Begotten Son Jesus who YHWH God has made Jesus our Lord and King and High Priest between YHWH God and mankind.
You can call that shallow understanding all you want but it's those that you say have shallow understanding that don't deny it was the Only Begotten Son of YHWH God that came and died for our sins and was resurrected by YHWH God three days after Jesus death. The trinitarians are the ones who deny it was the Only Begotten Son who came to mankind and died for mankind, not the ones you say have shallow and limited understanding.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The four hebrew letters, YHWH have never been pronounced Jesus. The scriptures have always taught it's those that exercises faith that it was YHWH God Only Begotten Son that died for mankind was resurrected by YHWH God and that YHWH God has made his Son Jesus our Lord and King. So as I said, the Apostle Paul and I are in agreement. We pray to YHWH God through his Only Begotten Son Jesus who YHWH God has made Jesus our Lord and King and High Priest between YHWH God and mankind.
You can call that shallow understanding all you want but it's those that you say have shallow understanding that don't deny it was the Only Begotten Son of YHWH God that came and died for our sins and was resurrected by YHWH God three days after Jesus death. The trinitarians are the ones who deny it was the Only Begotten Son who came to mankind and died for mankind, not the ones you say have shallow and limited understanding.

You obviously do not understand Scripture from the beginning.
Elohim in Genesis declared who He is in Three Persons of the Godhead - but you are unable to see.
If you do not understand Genesis, then all the Scripture you read will be altered in your mind to only see what you believe to be true.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elohim in Genesis declared who He is in Three Persons of the Godhead - but you are unable to see.
If you do not understand Genesis, then all the Scripture you read will be altered in your mind to only see what you believe to be true.
I just shared this on another thread.

In Revelation Jesus calls Himself the Alpha and Omega....the Almighty

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.—
Revelation 1:8 (KJV)

That is Jesus outright admitting He is the Almighty God...the Alpha and Omega...the beginning...(can't get any sooner than the beginning of all things) and the end...(can't get any farther than the end of all things)

What do you think?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.—

That is Jesus outright admitting He is the Almighty God...the Alpha and Omega...the beginning...(can't get any sooner than the beginning of all things) and the end...(can't get any farther than the end of all things)

What do you think?

Let us adjoin Rev 1:8 to Rev 21:22-23 But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, because the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. Equal and One.
If we run through the Scripture that we know from Genesis to Revelation there is one all encompassing Scriptural Truth that i rejoice in. Here it is:
Genesis 1:1 same as John 1:1
Genesis - Let Us make man in Our Image = Exodus 3
John 6:46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father
I firmly believe and completely trust, based on John 1:1, John 1:18 and John 6:46 and Exodus 3 that the Elohim who was in the Garden with Adam and Eve was in fact, JESUS and at that time called Jehovah.
No one has seen the Father at any time........John 1:18

Exodus 3: 14-15 and John 8:58
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—
the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.
Elohim Father Elohim Son Elohim Holy Spirit

In the Garden;
it could not be the Father and it could not be the Holy Spirit - it could only of been the Lord.
Adam and Eve had seen the Lord otherwise they would not of tried to hide from Him.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

What do you think?
Now there will be those who think I'm whacked (and in some ways I can't argue), but there are times when I have an experience with the Lord that I call, "being in deep," with Him. I guess you could call it a form of prayer.
In the Spirit, but not just my imagination, to my left is Jesus. He talks to me and calls me, "Ron." To my right is Holy Spirit and He calls me, "Friend." In the center and set back away is Father and He calls me, "Son." So I know God is three.
Sometimes I see in the Spirit that He "goes" into one. I don't understand it but it's just how it is. I also don't understand how He has always existed...I just know that He has. I do understand that He is greater than the human ability to comprehend.
It is accurate to say that Jesus is God, though there's more to God than Jesus. He is a part of God. Humanly speaking.
"I am yours, you are mine, we are one...with the Father, in the Spirit, by the Son." - from the song, "Together" by John Wimber

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s because God set it up so those with a shallow and limited understanding of the scriptures only need understand that He is Gods son to be saved.

And Jehovah is still a made up name for God, and has an extra syllable because of that little fact.
If only people knew who Jesus was in the beginning....

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not understand Scripture - Jehovah is Jesus and He is the One who spoke to Moses in the bush.
There are Three who make up the Godhead - Elohim Father Elohim Son Elohim Holy Spirit - Exodus 3

Nope, Jehovah isn't Jesus. Jehovah is the Father and God of Jesus, this is made clear in the scriptures. At John 17:3 Jesus when praying to YHWH God said, "this is eternal life that they know you the only true God and Jesus Christ whom you sent." At John 17:3 Jesus is praying to YHWH God, so Jesus doesn't claim to be YHWH God.
At John 6:38. Jesus said: “I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me.” This scripture is very clear that YHWH God is the person who sent Jesus to mankind so YHWH God and Jesus are not the same person. John 7:16 says: Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: ‘What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me.’” So here Jesus is admitting that he wasn't teaching his own ideas of the truth but was teaching the truths that belonged to the one who sent him. Obviously YHWH God isn't Jesus. At Matthew 28:18 Jesus says: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.” So Jesus hasn't always had all authority. But if Jesus is YHWH God, how could he be given more authority? And who gave it to him? At Jesus baptism at Luke 3:21,22 I noticed some things that are going on in this scripture. "Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus also was baptized and, as he was praying, the heaven was opened up and the holy spirit in bodily shape like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven: ‘You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you." You see, Jesus is praying, if Jesus is YHWH God, who is Jesus praying to? Jesus always referred his relationship to YHWH God as a Father and Son relationship. This Father and Son relationship is used to help us understand that the Father of Jesus is older, wiser, and has more authority than the Son.
Jesus admits after his resurrection at John 20:17 that he has a Father and God that is his Apostles and disciples Father and God. So even after Jesus resurrection when he has been given immortality and inherited incorruption he admits he isn't YHWH God, but that person is his Father and God and that YHWH God is also his Apostles and disciples Father and God.. These are very clear scriptures and there are many more that teach that the relationship between YHWH God and Jesus is a Father and Son relationship.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope, I disagree. The Hebrew word Elohim (gods) appears to be from a root meaning “be strong.” Elohim is the plural of Elohah (god). Sometimes this plural refers to a number of gods as at Genesis 31:30,32; 35:2, but more often it is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. ʼElo·himʹ is used in the Scriptures with reference to YHWH God himself, to angels, to idol gods (singular and plural), and to men.

When Elohim is applied to YHWH God it is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. (Ge 1:1) Regarding this, Aaron Ember wrote: “That the language of the Old Testament has entirely given up the idea of plurality concerning Elohim as applied to YHWH God of Israel is especially shown by the fact that it is almost invariably construed with a singular verbal predicate, and takes a singular adjectival attribute, Elohim must rather be explained as an intensive plural, denoting greatness and majesty, being equal to The Great God.” The American Journal of Semitic Languages and Literatures, Vol. XXI, 1905, p. 208.
The point is that Elohim isn't used as three persons in a godhead, I believe it's you who doesn't understand.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, I disagree. The Hebrew word Elohim (gods) appears to be from a root meaning “be strong.” Elohim is the plural of Elohah (god). Sometimes this plural refers to a number of gods as at Genesis 31:30,32; 35:2, but more often it is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. ʼElo·himʹ is used in the Scriptures with reference to YHWH God himself, to angels, to idol gods (singular and plural), and to men.

When Elohim is applied to YHWH God it is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. (Ge 1:1) Regarding this, Aaron Ember wrote: “That the language of the Old Testament has entirely given up the idea of plurality concerning Elohim as applied to YHWH God of Israel is especially shown by the fact that it is almost invariably construed with a singular verbal predicate, and takes a singular adjectival attribute, Elohim must rather be explained as an intensive plural, denoting greatness and majesty, being equal to The Great God.” The American Journal of Semitic Languages and Literatures, Vol. XXI, 1905, p. 208.
The point is that Elohim isn't used as three persons in a godhead, I believe it's you who doesn't understand.

All what you are saying is intellect of man - not Truth of Scripture, the Word, God and the Holy Spirit.
We are not saved by logic or intellectual academia.
Saul of Tarsus was once like you, knowledge of written text, but completely lost - all the while thinking he knew God.

Scripture cannot lie.

IAM YHWH Abraham YHWH Isaac YHWH Jacob

YHWH Father
YHWH Son
YHWH Holy Spirit
This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

The Truth is that YHWH says He is Three Persons who are Echad.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's get back on topic guys....I do enjoy the wisdom you all share but the Trinity argument needs to have it's own thread.
Thank you and God Bless

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

"I had a king James Bible long before I became a Jehovah witness and at Romans 10:13 where the word Lord is at, there was a little letter beside that word Lord and when you went to the margin of the Bible and looked at that letter it said that the lord in verse 13 was Jehovah, not Jesus." (BarneyBright)

He was right when he said "the Lord in verse 13 was G2962 kurios LORD not Jesus" because that is who Jesus is.

Sorry Heart2Soul I had not seen your post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I had a king James Bible long before I became a Jehovah witness and at Romans 10:13 where the word Lord is at, there was a little letter beside that word Lord and when you went to the margin of the Bible and looked at that letter it said that the lord in verse 13 was Jehovah, not Jesus." (BarneyBright)

He was right when he said "the lord in verse 13 was Jehovah, not Jesus" because that is who Jesus is.

Sorry Heart2Soul I had not seen your post.

i can’t speak for someone’s non scripture note, but Lord in Romans 10 is Kurios, which does not definitively specify divinity, but can mean master, or sir.

KJV puts LORD everywhere YHWH appears in the OT Hebrew, and the transliteration of Jehovah never appears in any verses.

Note that if kurios meant Jehovah in Romans 10:13, it also meant Jehovah in 10:9, making the verse say you must confess with your mouth the Jehovah Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I can live with the fact that Jesus is Jehovah- can you?

Maranatha

Last edited:
Reactions: Cooper

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All what you are saying is intellect of man - not Truth of Scripture, the Word, God and the Holy Spirit.
We are not saved by logic or intellectual academia.
Saul of Tarsus was once like you, knowledge of written text, but completely lost - all the while thinking he knew God.

Scripture cannot lie.

IAM YHWH Abraham YHWH Isaac YHWH Jacob

YHWH Father
YHWH on
YHWH Holy Spirit

The Truth is that YHWH says He is Three Persons who are Echad.
No where in scripture is it written, "I am YHWH Abraham or YHWH Isaac or YHWH Jacob

What do you think?
I find it very interesting that people just ignore Revelation 1:5, 6 where is says: And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Right there at Revelation 1:5, 6 it says that Jesus is the faithful witness. Who is he a witness for? Also at verse 6 it says that Jesus has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father. This scripture verse 6 is very clear that Jesus has made his disciples kings and priests to God and his Father. So Jesus when he is in heaven is admitting he's not God.
At Revelation 1:8- this scripture is saying it's Jehovah God saying that he is the alpha and Omega the Almighty, it's not Jesus Christ saying that he's the Almighty.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i can’t speak for someone’s non scripture note, but Lord in Romans 10 is Kurios, which does not definitively specify divinity, but can mean master, or sir.

KJV puts LORD everywhere YHWH appears in the OT Hebrew, and the transliteration of Jehovah never appears in any verses.

Note that if kurios meant Jehovah in Romans 10:13, it also meant Jehovah in 10:9, making the verse say you must confess with your mouth the Jehovah Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I can live with the fact that Jesus is Jehovah- can you?

Maranatha
I believe with all my heart that Jesus is Jehovah, the God of Abraham and Isaac, He is the I AM.

That is not the God of the JWs. Their god is the god of the Pharisees. They are crucifying Jesus over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ