• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 6:33 But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. What is added by the fruit of the Spirit of God if not: diligence, faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: Galatians 5:22-23 …in all goodness and righteousness and truth Ephesians 5:9
Turn your eyes upon Jesus . . . it seems that's all we ever really need to do!

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

stand-up-stand-up-for-jesus-2-638.jpg

Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
stand in his strength alone;
the arm of flesh will fail you,
ye dare not trust your own:
put on the gospel armor,
each piece put on with pray'r;
where duty calls, or danger,
be never wanting there.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That reminded me of when certain people were looking for Jesus after he had fed them the loaves and fishes. They didn't see him get in the boat with his disciples and yet found him on the other side of the lake.
He told them, the only reason your looking for me is because I fed you and you were filled. They didn't seek him because they wanted to know Him.
Something like that..
Sometimes we are looking to receive something in times of need. But what are we giving back in those times when we are full?

Jhn 6:22 The day following, when the people which stood on the other side of the sea saw that there was none other boat there, save that one whereinto his disciples were entered, and that Jesus went not with his disciples into the boat, but that his disciples were gone away alone;
Jhn 6:23 (Howbeit there came other boats from Tiberias nigh unto the place where they did eat bread, after that the Lord had given thanks
Jhn 6:24 When the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither his disciples, they also took shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Jesus.
Jhn 6:25 And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?
Jhn 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Jhn 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

This goes along with the saying..
Seek ye First the kingdom of God and his righteousness, THEN shall these things be added unto thee.
They was looking for the add ons. First things First.

So, the crops are in the barn, no shortage of food, planty money in the bank account, all is good in the world.
We may forget sometimes to be thankful for what we have. We get busy working and playing, and occasionally give a shout out.
Thank You Lord.
Then tragedy hits, the cupboard runs dry, you lost your job and your hungry..
And we think our prayers are going unheard.

Perhaps the Lord spends as much time answering prayer as the time in between our giving thanks in times of plenty?

I'm talking "our" as in general.. there are many people who give thanks everyday regardless what their circumstances are.
But if you only come to the Lord in times of need, then all the other times when you could have been spending with him in praise and joy,
is equal to the amount of time for prayers to be answered.

Love is a two way street.

I'm just thinking..
HUGS

The plain and simple fact is that God nor his Only Begotten Son Jesus has ever said those who follow him would be rich or even have it good in this wicked world. If we focus on what this wicked world has to offer, then are we not being friends to this wicked world? We should have faith in YHWH God by accepting that YHWH God is the Only True God and that he sent his Only Begotten Son to mankind as his Christ, the one who YHWH God chose to use to undo all that the Angel who became Satan has done since the garden of Eden. No matter what/who Satan uses against us to compromise our commitment to YHWH God, we will standfast in our loyalty to YHWH God and his Christ who is YHWH God Only Begotten Son Jesus and who YHWH God has made our Lord and King.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The plain and simple fact is that God nor his Only Begotten Son Jesus has ever said those who follow him would be rich or even have it good in this wicked world. If we focus on what this wicked world has to offer, then are we not being friends to this wicked world? We should have faith in YHWH God by accepting that YHWH God is the Only True God and that he sent his Only Begotten Son to mankind as his Christ, the one who YHWH God chose to use to undo all that the Angel who became Satan has done since the garden of Eden. No matter what/who Satan uses against us to compromise our commitment to YHWH God, we will standfast in our loyalty to YHWH God and his Christ who is YHWH God Only Begotten Son Jesus and who YHWH God has made our Lord and King.

God's Son was, from Eternity, Lord and King before He came to earth as 'son of man' the Servant of God.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, existing in the form of God,
did not consider equality with God
something to be grasped
, but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross.

Who was found in the appearance of a man?
Answer: IMMANUEL - GOD with us

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isa 9:6

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where many fail, as I have in the past. When it is being tested this is when it seems that God is nowhere around...that your prayers are in vain....and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
This is when we have to stand and fight the good fight if faith....

Not only that your prayers seem in vain but that you can't even manage to pray other than a few words here or there, and sometimes not even that but only sighs. And you find it hard to believe when others tell you that's a very good and blessed place to be. It doesn't FEEL like He is giving you bread.

When we choose to trust . . . when we choose to believe that God is here with me, managing my life, managing me, that all this truly is for our good, the feelings follow our thoughts, our choices, the things we choose to look at.

These testings, I think they are to show us how close and how involved God is, but we have to choose to believe. He seems so far away when our eyes are on our circumstances. But when we look to Him in faith, with no regard for our feelings, our feelings will change according to our faith.

And even in the extreme physical affliction we can rejoice from the heart, if we have the right perspective, trust in Jesus.

Much love!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The plain and simple fact is that God nor his Only Begotten Son Jesus has ever said those who follow him would be rich or even have it good in this wicked world.
Depends on your definition of rich or even having it good.

I agree, richness is not dependant on the world. We are supplied by the Lord.
Now I'm not friends with food, but I have to eat. And so I buy food and eat it. But the Lord supplies the means for me to buy it.
Whether it is through a job or even government assistance, ultimately it is the Lord that supplies.
The Lord supplies the worker with health and ability to use his hands and his mind to pay taxes to help those who can't.

If you look at the government and think they are supplying your needs, you are sorely mistaken.
The government only distributes the money it recieves from people who work and pay taxes.
So if you follow the money trail backwards.. it leads to God providing man with the ability to earn a living and to give to those who need help.

Problem is we give credit to the government where no credit is due.
We should be thanking our neighbor for working, which I do whenever I have to go to the store.
I realize without them, I wouldn't have what I do.
And without the Lord, they wouldn't be where they are.

Love thy neighbor... we have many reasons to be thankful.

It all depends on ones definition of rich or even having it good.
:)
Hugs Barney

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on your definition of rich or even having it good.

I agree, richness is not dependant on the world. We are supplied by the Lord.
Now I'm not friends with food, but I have to eat. And so I buy food and eat it. But the Lord supplies the means for me to buy it.
Whether it is through a job or even government assistance, ultimately it is the Lord that supplies.
The Lord supplies the worker with health and ability to use his hands and his mind to pay taxes to help those who can't.

If you look at the government and think they are supplying your needs, you are sorely mistaken.
The government only distributes the money it recieves from people who work and pay taxes.
So if you follow the money trail backwards.. it leads to God providing man with the ability to earn a living and to give to those who need help.

Problem is we give credit to the government where no credit is due.
We should be thanking our neighbor for working, which I do whenever I have to go to the store.
I realize without them, I wouldn't have what I do.
And without the Lord, they wouldn't be where they are.

Love thy neighbor... we have many reasons to be thankful.

It all depends on ones definition of rich or even having it good.
:)
Hugs Barney

Yeah, Good Stuff you said here and true. - i believe Barney was referring to: 1 Timothy 6:9 and Mark 10:25
But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reactions: Ziggy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That reminded me of when certain people were looking for Jesus after he had fed them the loaves and fishes. They didn't see him get in the boat with his disciples and yet found him on the other side of the lake.
He told them, the only reason your looking for me is because I fed you and you were filled. They didn't seek him because they wanted to know Him.
Something like that..
Sometimes we are looking to receive something in times of need. But what are we giving back in those times when we are full?

Jhn 6:22 The day following, when the people which stood on the other side of the sea saw that there was none other boat there, save that one whereinto his disciples were entered, and that Jesus went not with his disciples into the boat, but that his disciples were gone away alone;
Jhn 6:23 (Howbeit there came other boats from Tiberias nigh unto the place where they did eat bread, after that the Lord had given thanks
Jhn 6:24 When the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither his disciples, they also took shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Jesus.
Jhn 6:25 And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?
Jhn 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Jhn 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

This goes along with the saying..
Seek ye First the kingdom of God and his righteousness, THEN shall these things be added unto thee.
They was looking for the add ons. First things First.

So, the crops are in the barn, no shortage of food, planty money in the bank account, all is good in the world.
We may forget sometimes to be thankful for what we have. We get busy working and playing, and occasionally give a shout out.
Thank You Lord.
Then tragedy hits, the cupboard runs dry, you lost your job and your hungry..
And we think our prayers are going unheard.

Perhaps the Lord spends as much time answering prayer as the time in between our giving thanks in times of plenty?

I'm talking "our" as in general.. there are many people who give thanks everyday regardless what their circumstances are.
But if you only come to the Lord in times of need, then all the other times when you could have been spending with him in praise and joy,
is equal to the amount of time for prayers to be answered.

Love is a two way street.

I'm just thinking..
HUGS

I’m not sure you understood what I was talking about but it’s okay. :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Turn your eyes upon Jesus . . . it seems that's all we ever really need to do!

Much love!

Amen! 2 Peter 1:5-10 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. [9] But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

also makes me think of 2 Corinthians 8:7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
¹⁰ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
¹¹ Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Romans 5:1-2 KJV
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Much love!

Reactions: Ziggy and farouk

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

watching with all perseverance..

Pro 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Luk 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Praying and watching.
I never noticed the watching before...
With all perseverance and supplication..

NLT: Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

watching with all perseverance..

Pro 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Luk 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Praying and watching.
I never noticed the watching before...
With all perseverance and supplication..

NLT: Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Hugs
@Ziggy Prayer is so vital! using the Whole armour of God from Ephesians 6 is, in the context, linked vitally with prayer, indeed... :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! 2 Peter 1:5-10 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. [9] But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

also makes me think of 2 Corinthians 8:7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
Amen...great scripture reference....
And so what it all boils down to is you can't have faith without love because love is the greatest commandment....and without love we are in disobedience to His Word which can hinder our prayers, our walk and our fellowship with Him....
And when that happens His blessing is no longer upon us and trials and tribulations come and we have no armor and the end result is our FAITH becomes shipwrecked...:eek: