Equal to Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t see anything in scripture about the Trinity being the mystery hidden from ages and from generations. The mystery, that which could only be known by revelation, is that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, the Son of the living God (Matthew 16:17) whom the one God had the prophets speak about.

jude 1:3 Thee faith delivered once to the saints
The deposit of faith

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Defined and decreed at Nicea binding on all Christians

Now you’re talking post-biblical history. Now we’re getting to the doctrine of the Trinity. Now the RCC gets the credit that it so richly deserves.

Let’s go back to those days. What would your spiritual ancestors have done to me for not going along with their binding decree?

In other words, what was the fate of those who held firm to Jewish monotheism?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It’s history. Your scholars and theologians kept a good record of it. It’s available for anyone who wants to see it to read it.

The true Church should. Surely we can at least agree on that general principle.

for example the assumption was defined in 1950 but there was a feast celebrating it every year on the 15th of aug. Since the early church
The church must always be the same with the same doctrine cos her founder is God who is the same / eternal

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well they didn't, but the gospel message Jesus gave the apostles to pass on has!

No it say the apostles are to preach to the end or second coming and to the ends of the earth

the church is eternal and does not change as her founder is eternal

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
then you also believe in the trinity …

You know that I don’t.

…cos it is bound on earth and in heaven and all Christians to believe

You’re returning again to the binding of your Church Councils. I can agree they are binding on trinitarians, but I’m not a trinitarian. I’m a Jewish monotheist.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
for example the assumption was defined in 1950 but there was a feast celebrating it every year on the 15th of aug. Since the early church
The church must always be the same with the same doctrine cos her founder is God who is the same / eternal

Jesus Christ is a Jewish monotheist, not a trinitarian.

He always will be.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That faith is delivered in scripture, not at Nicaea and Chalcedon.

no it was delivered by christ to his church the apostles in person, some was latter written down by some apostles but they all have the fullness of faith revealed by Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you’re talking post-biblical history. Now we’re getting to the doctrine of the Trinity. Now the RCC gets the credit that it so richly deserves.

Let’s go back to those days. What would your spiritual ancestors have done to me for not going along with their binding decree?

In other words, what was the fate of those who held firm to Jewish monotheism?

you would probably need a baked potatoe!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
no it was delivered by christ to his church the apostles in person, some was latter written down by some apostles but they all have the fullness of faith revealed by Christ

Their faith is his faith. He is a Jewish monotheist. They are Jewish monotheists.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that I don’t.

You’re returning again to the binding of your Church Councils. I can agree they are binding on trinitarians, but I’m not a trinitarian. I’m a Jewish monotheist.

there is only one covenant
Thee faith is binding on all members

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that I don’t.

youre issue with the trinity seems not to involve the trinity of persons but the fact that there is only one God?

the trinity is a monotheistic faith!
One God one divine nature!
Three persons!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
youre issue with the trinity seems not to involve the trinity of persons but the fact that there is only one God?

Thanks for the feedback.

No, that’s not my issue with the Trinity.

I believe the one God is the Messiah’s God. The Messiah’s God isn’t the Trinity. The Messiah’s God is only one person, the Father. There is no God besides the Messiah’s God.

There’s my issue with the Trinity.

the trinity is a monotheistic faith!

Yes, but it isn’t the Messiah’s monotheistic faith.

One God one divine nature!
Three persons!

That’s a description of your God, not the Messiah’s God.

”1. The one God. (a) theos is the most frequent designation of God in the NT. Belief in the one, only and unique God (Matt. 23:9; Rom. 3:30; 1 Cor. 8:4,6; Gal. 3:20; 1 Tim. 2:5; Jas. 2:19) is an established part of Christian tradition. Jesus himself made the fundamental confession of Jud. his own and expressly quoted the Shema (Deut. 6:4-5; see Mk. 12:29-30; cf. Matt. 22:37; Lk. 10:27). This guaranteed continuity between the old and the new covenants. The God whom Christians worship is the God of the fathers (Acts 3:13; 5:30; 22:14), the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Acts 3:13; 7:32; cf. Matt. 22:32; Mk. 12:26; Lk. 20:37), the God of Israel (Matt. 15:31; Lk. 1:68; Acts 13:17), and the God of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 1:3; Eph. 1:3; 1Pet. 1:3).”

(New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, Abridged Edition, p. 244)

The Messiah himself is, by definition, unitarian.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is a Jewish monotheist, not a trinitarian.

He always will be.

then why did the Jewish monotheists kill him?

Matt 26:63 But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their faith is his faith. He is a Jewish monotheist. They are Jewish monotheists.

monotheist only means one God!

All Christians and Jew and trinitarians are monotheistic
And believe in one God

do you suppose the doctrine of the trinity means three God’s???

you know the Athanasian creed!