Estimated Dates of the Events of the 1 Year Great Tribulation of the Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be righteous. It is necessary to stop stealing, it is necessary to stop committing adultery, it is necessary to begin giving to the poor. These are all commands that define the "righteousness" of God. Unless you obey the commands of God that define righteousness you cannot inherit the kingdom of God, because the kingdom of God is a kingdom of righteousness, not torahlessness as you people surmise, which is why you have no clue why you need to obey.

The reality of the matter is that we are saved through simple faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross (Romans 3:25, Romans 5:1).

We are forgiven through the blood of the Cross (Romans 5:9).

As a result of being forgiven much, we love much (Luke 7:36-50, 1 John 4:19, Romans 5:5);

And this love is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us in the practical sense (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4, 1 John 3:17-18).

In other words, we practice righteousness because we have been forgiven; but we are not forgiven through practicing righteousness.

We cannot enter in to the kingdom through our own righteousness (Isaiah 64:6).

Reactions: marks

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
And yet death reigned from Adam to Moses didn't it? There wasn't a torah was there. The wages of sin is death; Rom 6:23. Jesus lived His life perfectly and kept the law perfectly. Something you and i can't do, never could never will. The gospel has nothing to do with keeping the law. What we are told to obey is the gospel; 2 Thess 1:8

Indeed there was a Torah from Adam to Moses, an oral Torah, for that was the "knowledge of good and evil" Adam received, which he then imparted to generations after him orally, until Moses, when the Torah was given in written form. That is why Abraham was commended for, "obeying my Torah", for the Torah of God has existed from the very beginning. As such, the Messiah didn't die so that we can discard the Torah, but rather, so that we can obey it. You err.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
You say that we must obey the law to be righteous; however," ...Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Romans 10:4).

Again, Paul makes it clear that our righteousness does NOT come from obeying the law when he says, "that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil. 3:9).

Because the righteousness that comes through belief results in receiving the airflow, which then cuts away sin in your inward man, and causes you to obey the Torah perfectly, which the written Torah was never able to do for anyone, because it merely revealed what sin is. So the Torah is in fact not discarded, but upheld. You have misunderstood all these passages, and rather than obey the Torah, you have discarded it, and become torahless, which is worse than disbelief.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the righteousness that comes through belief results in receiving the airflow, which then cuts away sin in your inward man, and causes you to obey the Torah perfectly, which the written Torah was never able to do for anyone, because it merely revealed what sin is. So the Torah is in fact not discarded, but upheld. You have misunderstood all these passages, and rather than obey the Torah, you have discarded it, and become torahless, which is worse than disbelief.
WADR, I haven't misunderstood anything. It is you who are mistaken. Go ahead and try to be righteous according to the law. If this is your hope for righteousness, then you are hopeless.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WADR, I haven't misunderstood anything. It is you who are mistaken. Go ahead and try to be righteous according to the law. If this is your hope for righteousness, then you are hopeless.

Did you know that the laws of Jesus are harder to keep than the Torah for the natural man? That is why he is talking about the "air-flow." That is the Holy Spirit. If you keep the laws of Jesus, then you will automatically keep the Torah perfectly.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that the laws of Jesus are harder to keep than the Torah for the natural man? That is why he is talking about the "air-flow." That is the Holy Spirit. If you keep the laws of Jesus, then you will automatically keep the Torah perfectly.
I completely disagree with this. The reason that we have the Holy Spirit is to guide us in all things. We have His guidance from within. We don't need the guidance of the law anymore. Its purpose was to guide us to Christ.... We have Him. We are in Him. He is in us.

You're putting new wine in old wineskins.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I completely disagree with this. The reason that we have the Holy Spirit is to guide us in all things. We have His guidance from within. We don't need the guidance of the law anymore. Its purpose was to guide us to Christ.... We have Him. We are in Him. He is in us.

The law was changed (Hebrews 7.12).

What we now have is better than the law (Hebrews 7.19).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The laws are written on our hearts. Are you saying you don't keep the laws of Jesus because they are commandments? You completely misunderstood that trusting in Jesus is not lawlessness. The reason why we are not under the law is because He has taken away our sinful nature so we don't commit willful sins of lawlessness, and thus are pleasing in His sight. It is NOT okay to murder just because we are not under the law. That is not love.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you consider the "laws of Jesus"?

What He taught.

To believe on the name of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior, and to have love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control, produced through His gift of the Holy Spirit of Christ, without which we do not belong to Christ. 1 John 3:23

This fulfills the righteous requirements of the eternal law of God to love God with all your heart, mind and strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself, as we walk in the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the new wine.

The Sermon on the Mount was introducing the manifestation of His laws of the inner heart empowered by His Spirit, against the old laws of outward actions. Matthew 5:20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 23:27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

He kept saying of the old vs. the new, "You have heard it said of old..., 22 But I say to you..."

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Romans 3:
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Nancy

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
I agree. It also means breathed or blown, and also spirit or soul.

The modern concept of "spirit" does not exist in the scriptures, only airflow. We are made up of body, soul, and airflow. Airflow is what gives our bodies life. If the airflow departs and returns to God, then our bodies decay, and all that is left is the soul, which sleeps, because it no longer has a body to see and hear and think through. And aside from the airflow we breath, then there is the set-apart airflow, which is an aeolian body, which is a form angels transform into, and are thus called "set-apart airflow", because aeolian bodies are set apart from ordinary airflows that are not living. And when the set-apart airflow enters the body, he guides us, comforts us, helps us, tells us about the future, and cuts away sin in the inward man. This is the "anointing". I have more in depth information about this topic here The Soul, the Aeolian Body, Sleep of Death, the Mistranslation of the Word Spirit, and the Identity of the Airflow of God | Wisdom of God

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, if it is impossible to keep the law, how do you believe Christ's death helps us?

Because since The Law HAD to be fulfilled and no man could do it, which would have meant death, that is why HE came down in the first place...to fulfill the Law, and He did as He never sinned...perfect Lamb of God. He paid our penalty, we have the Spirit within us holding us up, praying when we have no words, giving us the strength we need to renew our minds which in turn will eventually lead us to Godly lives.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Messiah didn't die so that we could disobey the Torah, he died so that we can be given a chance to obey it.

I never even came close to saying that the Messiah died so we could dis-obey anything! In my book, any serious Christian would be desiring TO obey but, Jesus gave us the two - Love God, Love Neighbor which if fulfilled...all of the rest will follow along. Why do you place yourself under bondage? Do you sacrifice animals too? Do you think God looks at the outside of a man?? 2 Sam 16: tells me He looks to the heart. I don't need to wear tassels on my head or clothes that are not mixed with other materials and all the other 600 some laws that were given directly to THE ISRAELITE'S to distinguish them from Gentiles. Are you a Jewish man? I am free indeed, in Christ and no longer wish to sin in any way.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
I never even came close to saying that the Messiah died so we could dis-obey anything! In my book, any serious Christian would be desiring TO obey but, Jesus gave us the two - Love God, Love Neighbor which if fulfilled...all of the rest will follow along. Why do you place yourself under bondage? Do you sacrifice animals too? Do you think God looks at the outside of a man?? 2 Sam 16: tells me He looks to the heart. I don't need to wear tassels on my head or clothes that are not mixed with other materials and all the other 600 some laws that were given directly to THE ISRAELITE'S to distinguish them from Gentiles. Are you a Jewish man? I am free indeed, in Christ and no longer wish to sin in any way.

The Torah is not bondage. The Torah commands, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall open your hand wide to the poor, you shall not charge your brother interest, you shall wear tzitzit, you shall put mezuzah on your doorposts. These commands are righteous and good and set-apart. You have an incorrect perception of the Torah, because you have been deceived into believing it is done away with. As such, there are matters of Torah that are no longer required under the new covenant, such as circumcision, foods, drinks, feasts, new moons, shabbaths, sacrifices, and offerings. So, in setting aside these commands that are no longer required, then all we are left with are the commands that are indeed required. The ones I mentioned above are some of them. This is logical. But, someone who has been deceived thinks that because these specific matters of Torah are not required that the entire Torah has been done away with, which is error, and it will cost you your soul, because torahlessness is disobedience.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Because since The Law HAD to be fulfilled and no man could do it, which would have meant death, that is why HE came down in the first place...to fulfill the Law, and He did as He never sinned...perfect Lamb of God. He paid our penalty, we have the Spirit within us holding us up, praying when we have no words, giving us the strength we need to renew our minds which in turn will eventually lead us to Godly lives.
although in another reflection Jesus broke just about every one of the Decalogue, and no Son of Man may die for another's sins...is still in There. So iow it may well be that Jesus did not die for our sins, at least in the manner we commonly understand that.