Estimated Dates of the Events of the 1 Year Great Tribulation of the Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed there was a Torah from Adam to Moses, an oral Torah, for that was the "knowledge of good and evil" Adam received, which he then imparted to generations after him orally, until Moses, when the Torah was given in written form. That is why Abraham was commended for, "obeying my Torah", for the Torah of God has existed from the very beginning. As such, the Messiah didn't die so that we can discard the Torah, but rather, so that we can obey it. You err.
Said the bible nowhere.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrew word "ruach" and Greek word "pneuma" mean airflow.
The Holy Spirit isn't 'airflow'. He is God. A little respect. And what translation is this again? Or are you just substituting your own words in lieu of scripture? This is from my Complete Jewish Bible;
Gal 5:16-18

16 What I am saying is this: run your lives by the Spirit. Then you will not do what your old nature wants. 17 For the old nature wants what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit wants what is contrary to the old nature. These oppose each other, so that you find yourselves unable to carry out your good intentions. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, then you are not in subjection to the system that results from perverting the Torah into legalism.
CJB
Also i did a search for 'airflow' and i wasn't shocked at all when it didn't pop up in my concordance.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
The Holy Spirit isn't 'airflow'. He is God. A little respect. And what translation is this again? Or are you just substituting your own words in lieu of scripture? This is from my Complete Jewish Bible;

Also i did a search for 'airflow' and i wasn't shocked at all when it didn't pop up in my concordance.

The set-apart airflow is indeed airflow, because is an aeolian body. The original words always pertain to airflow.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The set-apart airflow is indeed airflow, because is an aeolian body. The original words always pertain to airflow.
Crack open a lexicon. The greek pneuma can mean multiple things in multiple contexts. As do all words. I hope you don't love your dog with the same love as your wife. If you want to be that rigid in your interpretations thats what youre left with. When the context is God the Spirit i'd use something more reflective of His nature. Airflow is disrespectful and insulting imho. What translation are you using again? For like the fourth time.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Torah is not bondage. The Torah commands, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall open your hand wide to the poor, you shall not charge your brother interest, you shall wear tzitzit, you shall put mezuzah on your doorposts. These commands are righteous and good and set-apart. You have an incorrect perception of the Torah, because you have been deceived into believing it is done away with. As such, there are matters of Torah that are no longer required under the new covenant, such as circumcision, foods, drinks, feasts, new moons, shabbaths, sacrifices, and offerings. So, in setting aside these commands that are no longer required, then all we are left with are the commands that are indeed required. The ones I mentioned above are some of them. This is logical. But, someone who has been deceived thinks that because these specific matters of Torah are not required that the entire Torah has been done away with, which is error, and it will cost you your soul, because torahlessness is disobedience.

Please read my post #135.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 7:6, it teaches us that we are not bound by the letter but will rather be obedient to the spirit of what the law requires.

As such, I fulfill the command to wear a phylactery (tefilin?) in that I carry a pocket Bible and read it whenever I get the chance. The word is nigh me, in my mouth and in my heart. Even if I did not carry a pocket Bible, the fact that I make it my aim to study God's word and to be sure to understand it is the tenor of what is intended by the commandment in question.

It is the spirit and intent of the law that matters: the letter kills; but the spirit giveth life (2 Corinthians 3:6).

I recognize that I may be asking for a condemning statement from someone here; but if I am going to err, I want to err on the side of grace (and it is also true that here, I am not in error).

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Crack open a lexicon. The greek pneuma can mean multiple things in multiple contexts. As do all words. I hope you don't love your dog with the same love as your wife. If you want to be that rigid in your interpretations thats what youre left with. When the context is God the Spirit i'd use something more reflective of His nature. Airflow is disrespectful and insulting imho. What translation are you using again? For like the fourth time.

The original words always pertain to airflow, not just because airflow gives us life, but because airflow is the form angels transform into, into aeolian bodies, and are then called "set-apart airflow", which is "holy spirit". Read my bible study regarding this, The Soul, the Aeolian Body, Sleep of Death, the Mistranslation of the Word Spirit, and the Identity of the Airflow of God | Wisdom of God

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
In Romans 7:6, it teaches us that we are not bound by the letter but will rather be obedient to the spirit of what the law requires.

As such, I fulfill the command to wear a phylactery (tefilin?) in that I carry a pocket Bible and read it whenever I get the chance. The word is nigh me, in my mouth and in my heart. Even if I did not carry a pocket Bible, the fact that I make it my aim to study God's word and to be sure to understand it is the tenor of what is intended by the commandment in question.

It is the spirit and intent of the law that matters: the letter kills; but the spirit giveth life (2 Corinthians 3:6).

I recognize that I may be asking for a condemning statement from someone here; but if I am going to err, I want to err on the side of grace (and it is also true that here, I am not in error).

Phylacteries must be worn on the forehead and hand, per the command of God. Just as mezuzot must be affixed on the doorposts, per the command.

IMG_0442.jpg
IMG_0351.jpg

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
What He taught.

To believe on the name of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior, and to have love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control, produced through His gift of the Holy Spirit of Christ, without which we do not belong to Christ. 1 John 3:23

This fulfills the righteous requirements of the eternal law of God to love God with all your heart, mind and strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself, as we walk in the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the new wine.

The Sermon on the Mount was introducing the manifestation of His laws of the inner heart empowered by His Spirit, against the old laws of outward actions. Matthew 5:20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 23:27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

He kept saying of the old vs. the new, "You have heard it said of old..., 22 But I say to you..."

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Romans 3:
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Walking according to the airflow obeys the commands of the Torah, not excludes them.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The original words always pertain to airflow, not just because airflow gives us life, but because airflow is the form angels transform into, into aeolian bodies, and are then called "set-apart airflow", which is "holy spirit". Read my bible study regarding this, The Soul, the Aeolian Body, Sleep of Death, the Mistranslation of the Word Spirit, and the Identity of the Airflow of God | Wisdom of God
You keep evading my questions. I accept your white flag.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phylacteries must be worn on the forehead and hand, per the command of God. Just as mezuzot must be affixed on the doorposts, per the command.

IMG_0442.jpg
IMG_0351.jpg
Legalism to the hilt.

Trying to turn Christians into Jews, in fact.

The apostle Paul fought against people like you to the hilt.

You are what is called a Judaizer.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Legalism to the hilt.

Trying to turn Christians into Jews, in fact.

The apostle Paul fought against people like you to the hilt.

You are what is called a Judaizer.

No, observing matters of Torah that are no longer required under the new covenant is "judaizing", such as circumcision or feasts, but observing matters of Torah that are indeed required to be observed is obedience. You on the other hand are the other extreme of judaizing, and it is complete torahlessness, which is worse.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, observing matters of Torah that are no longer required under the new covenant is "judaizing", such as circumcision or feasts, but observing matters of Torah that are indeed required to be observed is obedience. You on the other hand are the other extreme of judaizing, and it is complete torahlessness, which is worse.
You have apparently never paid any attention to what I teach on these boards.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What He taught.

To believe on the name of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior, and to have love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control, produced through His gift of the Holy Spirit of Christ, without which we do not belong to Christ. 1 John 3:23

This fulfills the righteous requirements of the eternal law of God to love God with all your heart, mind and strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself, as we walk in the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the new wine.

The Sermon on the Mount was introducing the manifestation of His laws of the inner heart empowered by His Spirit, against the old laws of outward actions. Matthew 5:20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 23:27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

He kept saying of the old vs. the new, "You have heard it said of old..., 22 But I say to you..."

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Romans 3:
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

There is no doubt that we are to love God and neighbor, but the issue that I've been speaking to is what makes us righteous. So....does loving God and neighbor make us righteous?? Or do we receive the righteousness of Jesus Christ when we are born from above--by grace through faith?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but observing matters of Torah that are indeed required to be observed is obedience. You on the other hand are the other extreme of judaizing, and it is complete torahlessness, which is worse.

Says you. And you are welcome to your own views.

It is Grace and faith which saves us...not works motivation by the fear of 'not doing' .

Reactions: marks and Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walking according to the airflow obeys the commands of the Torah, not excludes them.

Did you read the last verse I quoted in my post? Here it is again.

Romans 3:

Why? Because breaking the law is not in our born again divine nature. 1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

The Torah points out sin. But Jesus takes away our sin, and Him there is no sin. No sin in you, no need for the Torah to keep guiding you. Galatians 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made.

For instance, the Torah only commanded against murder. Jesus commandment is against hate. 1 John 3:15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

If you don't hate, you will NEVER break the law against murder. Understand?

Not everyone has this power of Christ in them. And the Torah will judge them. But a true born again, Spirit-filled Christian is not under the law, we truly live the eternal law of God to love Him with all our heart, mind and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

If you only teach Torah, that is as the righteousness as the Pharisees. God requires a deeper righteousness that exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Torah is not bondage. The Torah commands, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall open your hand wide to the poor, you shall not charge your brother interest, you shall wear tzitzit, you shall put mezuzah on your doorposts. These commands are righteous and good and set-apart. You have an incorrect perception of the Torah, because you have been deceived into believing it is done away with. As such, there are matters of Torah that are no longer required under the new covenant, such as circumcision, foods, drinks, feasts, new moons, shabbaths, sacrifices, and offerings. So, in setting aside these commands that are no longer required, then all we are left with are the commands that are indeed required. The ones I mentioned above are some of them. This is logical. But, someone who has been deceived thinks that because these specific matters of Torah are not required that the entire Torah has been done away with, which is error, and it will cost you your soul, because torahlessness is disobedience.

The 10 Commandments were written on stone: "But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was..." Corinthians 3:7
And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

And, again...IF we follow Jesus TWO commands, we will NOT be breaking ANY law! And, how is it you cherry pick which "Jewish" laws to follow and which ones to toss out?? The Law is for the Lawless.

Reactions: marks and Helen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no doubt that we are to love God and neighbor, but the issue that I've been speaking to is what makes us righteous. So....does loving God and neighbor make us righteous?? Or do we receive the righteousness of Jesus Christ when we are born from above--by grace through faith?

If you are talking about imputed righteousness given to us as a covering, WHILE WE CONTINUE TO SIN UNDERNEATH, that is a myth. Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin...Whoever is born of God does not sin, because His seed remains in Him, and he CANNOT sin, because He has been BORN OF GOD.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
although in another reflection Jesus broke just about every one of the Decalogue, and no Son of Man may die for another's sins...is still in There. So iow it may well be that Jesus did not die for our sins, at least in the manner we commonly understand that.

Jesus died in our place, same diff to me :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the last verse I quoted in my post? Here it is again.

Romans 3:

Why? Because breaking the law is not in our born again divine nature. 1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

The Torah points out sin. But Jesus takes away our sin, and Him there is no sin. No sin in you, no need for the Torah to keep guiding you. Galatians 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made.

For instance, the Torah only commanded against murder. Jesus commandment is against hate. 1 John 3:15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

If you don't hate, you will NEVER break the law against murder. Understand?

Not everyone has this power of Christ in them. And the Torah will judge them. But a true born again, Spirit-filled Christian is not under the law, we truly live the eternal law of God to love Him with all our heart, mind and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

If you only teach Torah, that is as the righteousness as the Pharisees. God requires a deeper righteousness that exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees.

Amen, and Jesus raised the bar!