1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Estimated Dates of the Events of the 1 Year Great Tribulation of the Earth

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by gaviria.christian, Nov 4, 2019.

1. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Our schoolmaster explains the difference.

There was no sacrifice for willfully breaking one of the Ten Commandments against God, they were stoned to death, thus sins unto death.

There was sacrifices for trespasses because they are sins that are committed unintentionally and sometimes even unknowingly, thus sins not unto death. They were not in rebellion against God, and as long as we forgive others their trespasses against us, we are forgiven. Matthew 6:14-15

Intent of the will and heart is the difference.

2. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

Paul was the one who trespassed against Peter. Peter was in the right. But did he knowingly sin against Peter? No.

3. Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You say that we must obey the law to be righteous; however," ...Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Romans 10:4).

Again, Paul makes it clear that our righteousness does NOT come from obeying the law when he says, "that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil. 3:9).

4. Nondenom40

Nondenom40 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Paul sinned against Peter? We aren't reading the same bible. Paul explains very clearly where Peter failed. He confronted Peter to his face and Peter took it.

5. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We have Paul's side, but Peter did the very same thing that Paul does himself. That is unfair, and where is Peter's side to this? Where does it say that Peter "took it"?

6. Nondenom40

Nondenom40 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Where did Paul do what he saw Peter doing? Chapter, verse?

7. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Oh, my, what translation are you using?? Calling the Spirit "the airflow"? I've never thought of God the Holy Spirit as "airflow." I'm not too sure that God would be pleased with this depiction of Him.

You're being kind of skimpy with the scriptures. Let's look at Romans 8:1-4

Therefore, no condemnation now exists for those in Christ Jesus, because the Spirit’s law of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. What the law could not do since it was limited by the flesh, God did. He condemned sin in the flesh by sending His own Son in flesh like ours under sin’s domain, and as a sin offering, in order that the law’s requirement would be accomplished in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    The law's requirement was accomplished in us because God did what the law could not do. He sent His own Son as a sin offering. So, now, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the law of sin and death.

8. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    1 Corinthians 9:
    19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

Many of the Jewish Christians were still bound to the law and were still babes in Christ. Peter ate with the Gentiles, but when the Jews came, Peter refused to offend them. Paul did the same thing. He even circumcised Timothy because of the Jews!

9. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "air-flow" is breath - Spirit.

John 20:
    22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

10. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Well, it kind of sounds like something else. o_O

11. Nondenom40

Nondenom40 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hogwash! You don't understand what was really going on then in Gal 2 at antioch, 1 Cor 9 or Timothys circumcision. Paul called Peters sin in antioch a matter of the gospel; Gal 2:14. Do you think Paul was committing sin by 'being all things to all people?' Cuz he wasn't

12. Nondenom40

Nondenom40 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What translation is that? Airflow for the Holy Spirit? Sounds demeaning.

Prayer Warrior likes this.
  13. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "Hogwash"? Is that from one of the fruit of the Spirit?

The point is, what right did Paul have for speaking against Peter for doing the same thing Paul did himself?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  14. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There is nothing demeaning about it. You are just being snarky.

15. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So, we are to receive the "airflow"? The "airflow" indwells us and empowers us? We walk by the "airflow"? I'm sorry, but this just doesn't cut it, IMHO.

Nondenom40 likes this.
  16. Willie T

Willie T Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Are you trying to bring into play: "I became all things to all men." as claiming discrimination out of the fear of men?

17. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Sorry, but there is nothing H about you? LOL

18. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No, more like Romans 14.

Peter was between a rock and a hard place, and Paul was only considering the Gentiles, not the visiting Jews.

19. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Now, that is demeaning, CL.

20. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    LOL