Eternal (age-during) conscious torment - Topic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God going to throw away unbelievers and have them suffer eternal conscious torment after this life when they are resurrected?

Where did this belief originate and come from? I have heard of Augustine, also Calvin. I’ve heard it been said that people who don’t believe are going to experience eternal (age-during) conscious torment.

Does the Bible really say this?

Is this the ultimate purpose and desire for God?

What does the Bible say about these things and are you someone who believes that people are going to be subjected to this, by God for his glory?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Is God going to throw away unbelievers and have them suffer eternal conscious torment after this life when they are resurrected?

Where did this belief originate and come from? I have heard of Augustine, also Calvin. I’ve heard it been said that people who don’t believe are going to experience eternal (age-during) conscious torment.

Does the Bible really say this?

Is this the ultimate purpose and desire for God?

What does the Bible say about these things and are you someone who believes that people are going to be subjected to this, by God for his glory?
@MatthewG Just to refer to Revelation 21.27: "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
No denying what it says...