Eternal Life is Now!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul is not my teacher.

The Living Holy Spirit is...all that I know ,post, he taught me, through his Living Spirit that’s how we communicate...in spirit...then what I believe he is relaying to my spirit then mind, is checked with his written word.
Not...I am of Paul. I am of Apollos...

But people reveal their true selves by how they criticize others. All this.."self" and "works" defense shows that something is very off. They have a human logic approach to the bible...but human logic doesn't make one born of the Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

But people reveal their true selves by how they criticize others. All this.."self" and "works" defense shows that something is very off. They have a human logic approach to the bible...but human logic doesn't make one born of the Spirit.
Amen!!..completely understand.xx. 100% agree.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
By accepting Jesus into your heart? By reciting a prayer? How was this manifested?

"Faith is counted by God as (Christ's) righteousness.

The born again, are "Justified (by God) by/through Faith, in Christ". ("Grace through Faith").

How?

The person hears the Gospel, that is "Christ Crucified", or as Paul refers to it, as "The Preaching of the Cross... is the power of God, unto Salvation.......for everyone who believes".

= Long long ago, i heard the Gospel, that is Paul's Gospel, that is the "Gospel of the Grace of God" that explains that "all have sinned" and all need to be forgiven, so that God can impart to the Believer.. SALVATION that is the "imputed righteousness of Christ".

So, i obeyed from the heart, this Gospel, and God redeemed me with the Blood and Death of Jesus, and i received 3 things from God.

1.) The Gift of Salvation

2.) The Gift of Righteousness

3.) The Gift of Eternal life.

And now being born again, and possessing God's Salvation, through Christ, im an "Heir of God, and a "Joint Heir with Jesus".

A.) Son of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I have to say it again...” Excellent Post”...God Bless..I’m off,xx

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Salvation is God offering His life to YOU as "the righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
This is a Gift, an = eternal gift, "The gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness"... whereby God births your spirit into His own, and by this BORN AGAIN spiritual birth, you have become a Son/Daughter of God.
See that?
That is your sanctification, your salvation, and your eternal life.

Discipleship, on the other hand, is you presenting your body and behavior back to God as your discipleship, subsequent to you being SANCTIFIED and Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.
To be redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb is to be BORN AGAIN as "made righteous".
Discipleship that follows SALVATiON....... has no effect on being "made Righteous', which is our entire sanctification, as "born again".
We are eternally "made righteous" by God through the BLOOD of JESUS....., so, we can't become more righteous,...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the justification of life? Zoe life is a KIND of life...a Christ-life, a God-life, an eternal life. We enter into that life by grace through faith. A Zoe life (eternal life) received from Christ displaces the carnal soulish life that is sold under sin thus liberating us to serve the Living God in both righteousness and holiness. Eternal life is NOW!

Oh wow--I just noticed this...after posting a new thread, called: "NOW" is not the word.

Reactions: amadeus

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think in Jesus words. where he said he never knew you. He ment they never had a relationship.

And in Johns words. that they were never of us (these are johns words) he meant they never truly belonged to the group we are in, the fellowship. the church, the body.. That they were impostors. make believers. In fact, he said they left to EXPOSE the fact they were never of us. and said if they were truly of us, they would have stayed

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

Also note who they are. they are Liars and deny Christ.

22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

SO notice, these are not prodigal children who walk away for a bit, or disappear for awhile. these are people who claimed a faith in Christ (were of us) . but now deny him altogether (antichrist).

these are literally people who claimed they had faith, and now have given God the proverbial finger and said I do not know you or even believe in you, take your salvation and shove it (I am being dramitic I know. but this is basically what they have done)
Agree there are false brethren, tares among the wheat, because they never came to faith by the Spirit in the first place....but also I believe there are some who prove themselves unworthy of the calling they did receive and for them it is "as if" they never were of us, and "as if" God never knew them......he uses those terms in a definite sense in His word because He already foreknew how it would go for them, or some of them. At least, that is what I seem to "hear" in the spirit.......some things that are written are from God's heavenly point of view, based on His foreknowledge. We need to remember, that He knows the end from the beginning.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree there are false brethren, tares among the wheat, because they never came to faith by the Spirit in the first place....but also I believe there are some who prove themselves unworthy of the calling they did receive and for them it is "as if" they never were of us, and "as if" God never knew them......he uses those terms in a definite sense in His word because He already foreknew how it would go for them, or some of them. At least, that is what I seem to "hear" in the spirit.......some things that are written are from God's heavenly point of view, based on His foreknowledge. We need to remember, that He knows the end from the beginning.
Yes,

Which is why I do not believe God saved these people. and they later lost salvation. God knows their heart

Reactions: mailmandan

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,

Which is why I do not believe God saved these people. and they later lost salvation. God knows their heart
Exactly! God knows those who are true, and who are not, and for those who are not, He "never" knew them. We can accept that statement "as is". In harmony with John's words, they went out showing they were not of us, had they been of us, they'd remain. Again, we can accept that statement "as is". Those who are true remain. Those who are false do not. The ones who go out were false.

It's not "as if" Jesus never knew them, He actually never knew them. Not "as if" they were not off us, rather, they were not of us, exactly as stated.

These are some of the passages which are routinely denied in their plainly stated saying. To say it's "as if" Jesus never knew them is to say that in fact He did know them at one time, but that makes the verse false on it's face, and I believe God is true.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! God knows those who are true, and who are not, and for those who are not, He "never" knew them. We can accept that statement "as is". In harmony with John's words, they went out showing they were not of us, had they been of us, they'd remain. Again, we can accept that statement "as is". Those who are true remain. Those who are false do not. The ones who go out were false.

It's not "as if" Jesus never knew them, He actually never knew them. Not "as if" they were not off us, rather, they were not of us, exactly as stated.

These are some of the passages which are routinely denied in their plainly stated saying. To say it's "as if" Jesus never knew them is to say that in fact He did know them at one time, but that makes the verse false on it's face, and I believe God is true.

Much love!
Well said. Amen!!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Much love!
We need "ears to hear", don't we....?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Certainly! And what will we hear when we are listening? Nothing from God will contradict His word in the Bible.

Much love!
Although a spiritual understanding could contradict our interpretation. The bible we read is only a translation...a TARGUM...as the Jews call it...not the actual word.

Reactions: faithfulness