Eve in the Garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This happens in conjunction with studying the bible. The words are Spirit and life. An ignorance of scripture leaves one a baby christian unskillful in the word.
And yet the bible says

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

but than

Luk_10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

because

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

but if Gods not talking than

1Co_1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

last one

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

D

Dave L

And yet the bible says

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

but than

Luk_10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

because

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

but if Gods not talking than

1Co_1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

last one

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
So we shouldn't study the bible at all?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Dave L
Hasnt helped you has it... After all the studying you still dont believe God speaks to man... and well if we removed 98 % of the garbage posted on these forums people would still get saved. But men love to boast of how clever they are.. Im just not that smart.. Ill trust in Him.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spending time in his word answers the questions.
Spending time in his Word as opposed to word certainly would, but it seems to me that most people who read or study the Bible don't know the difference and encounter confusion!

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." I Cor 14:33

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and mjrhealth

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think if Eve didn't eat the fruit in the Garden of Eden, Adam would have, or one of their children? Was it bound to happen?
It is, as , it was written in Genesis. No point fantasizing about anything else, imo, it is a waste of time, GOD knew this from BEFORE the EARTH was FORMED.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It is, as , it was written in Genesis. No point fantasizing about anything else, imo, it is a waste of time, GOD knew this from BEFORE the EARTH was FORMED.
It's good just to stick with revealed truth, right? like also in Ephesians 1 which speaks of the believer in the Lord Jesus as having been 'chosen in Him from before the foundation of the world'.

Reactions: tzcho2

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think we have the example of Jesus Christ to show that a perfect human can remain faithful to God without sinning.
'If we say that we have no sin,
we deceive ourselves,
and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned,
we make Him a liar,
and His word is not in us.'

(1 John 1:8)

The Lord Jesus Christ was without sin. Also He was God as well as man. We are sinners, who by God's grace have been saved, but although God's righteousness has been imputed to us, we will never be without sin, not while in this body.

In God's eyes we are indeed, holy and without blame, for that is our standing in Christ Jesus. However our state is not so. We are told to reckon ourselves to be dead unto sin and alive unto God, but while we live in our earthly body, sin will be ever present.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
'If we say that we have no sin,
we deceive ourselves,
and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned,
we make Him a liar,
and His word is not in us.'

(1 John 1:8)

The Lord Jesus Christ was without sin. Also He was God as well as man. We are sinners, who by God's grace have been saved, but although God's righteousness has been imputed to us, we will never be without sin, not while in this body.

In God's eyes we are indeed, holy and without blame, for that is our standing in Christ Jesus. However our state is not so. We are told to reckon ourselves to be dead unto sin and alive unto God, but while we live in our earthly body, sin will be ever present.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Great passage there in 1 John. Such a searching Epistle!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, Second, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children". one need to STUDY to show yourself approve unto God, no neeed to be ashame.

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter". again we suggest you research the matter.

nothing from nothing leave nothing.

PICJAG.

As long as something doesn't seem to be according to the scriptures with me, like what you have said. I will not change what I believe until someone has convinced me according to the scriptures that I'm wrong. You haven't done that with me. You have the right to believe what you want when it comes to the scriptures, but you can honestly be convinced that what you say and believe is in agreement with the scriptures, that doesn't necessarily make it true. We all should be doing research constantly into the scriptures, no matter what any of us believe, that's a given.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that can apply to pre-fall people as well.

like I said you have no evidence of that and if that were true, why would the scriptures be silent on it? I think that if there had been children before the fall, then at least one could have been obedient to him, but I guess they were all disobedient to him. Not a one loved God enough to be faithful to him, to be obedient to him. According to you these children that were born before the fall, all ate the forbidden fruit because that's the only way they could have sinned and deserved death. God doesn't punish us for other peoples sins, so not a one loved God enough to obey God?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like I said you have no evidence of that and if that were true, why would the scriptures be silent on it? I think that if there had been children before the fall, then at least one could have been obedient to him, but I guess they were all disobedient to him. Not a one loved God enough to be faithful to him, to be obedient to him. According to you these children that were born before the fall, all ate the forbidden fruit because that's the only way they could have sinned and deserved death. God doesn't punish us for other peoples sins, so not a one loved God enough to obey God?

I think your conclusions are erroneous because they are based on faulty conclusions. First, there is no reason to assume they ate of the fruit and sinned accordingly. I believed that the first generation did obey and honor God and that is why they were referred to as sons of God but they aren't accountable for their generational offspring, who still held onto that title even if it was no longer deserved. Once death entered into the world, guilt or innocence became irrelevant, it just started happening and effected everything including plant and animal life. Secondly, even though they were long-lived, several generations could have lived and died before the flood. Finally, aren't we all born with sin not of our own but inherited through our father's seed traced all the way back to Adam and Eve?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think your conclusions are erroneous because they are based on faulty conclusions.
I believe Barney's conclusions are not erroneous at all. You hold to a fantastical theory about a Pre-Adamite race of which there is not even a hint in Scripture. And it serves absolutely no purpose.

You are even incorrect about who are called "sons of God" in Genesis. Angels -- being direct creations of God -- were called "sons of God" in Genesis and Job. It is only in the New Testament -- which speaks of the New Birth -- that those who have been born again (regenerated) are called "sons of God. Only in Christ's genealogy is Adam is called "son of God", since once again, he was a direct creation of God.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Barney's conclusions are not erroneous at all. You hold to a fantastical theory about a Pre-Adamite race of which there is not even a hint in Scripture. And it serves absolutely no purpose.

You are even incorrect about who are called "sons of God" in Genesis. Angels -- being direct creations of God -- were called "sons of God" in Genesis and Job. It is only in the New Testament -- which speaks of the New Birth -- that those who have been born again (regenerated) are called "sons of God. Only in Christ's genealogy is Adam is called "son of God", since once again, he was a direct creation of God.

Apparently, you have not been fully reading what I have said. No where have I claimed I believe in a "pre-Adamic" race. Why are we the church considered the sons of God? Because we have had our sins washed and cleansed by the blood of the Lamb so that when God looks upon us he sees only Christ's blood covering us, so we are also seen as sinless., Some of the angels were sinless, Adam was sinless until the fall so it is logical to conclude that any children born before the fall, would be sinless as well thus deserving to be called sons of God. Adam didn't lose that identity after the fall, just like we don't lose our sonship every time we fail Him.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think your conclusions are erroneous because they are based on faulty conclusions. First, there is no reason to assume they ate of the fruit and sinned accordingly. I believed that the first generation did obey and honor God and that is why they were referred to as sons of God but they aren't accountable for their generational offspring, who still held onto that title even if it was no longer deserved. Once death entered into the world, guilt or innocence became irrelevant, it just started happening and effected everything including plant and animal life. Secondly, even though they were long-lived, several generations could have lived and died before the flood. Finally, aren't we all born with sin not of our own but inherited through our father's seed traced all the way back to Adam and Eve?

why would God keep Adam and Eve alive to produce sin natured humans, when God could have kept these supposed sinless humans to produce perfect humans without a sinful nature who would continue living without growing old or dying since sin is the reason humans grow old and die? What you say just doesn't make sense to me. Since these supposed sinless children hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit why were they thrown out of Eden? If they weren't thrown out of Eden why didn't God allow them to eat from the tree of life since they were obedient and sinless humans? I honestly, don't think God would have kept Adam and Eve to produce a sinful natured human race when he could simply put Adam and Eve to death since that was the penalty for disobedience and kept their sinless offspring to produce a human race with a sinless nature. It seems to me you are saying God wanted to produce a sinful natured human race. You are saying that God had this resource, perfect and sinless humans and instead of having them produced humans without the sinful nature, he instead had Adam and Eve produced humans with a sinful nature.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Spending time in his Word as opposed to word certainly would, but it seems to me that most people who read or study the Bible don't know the difference and encounter confusion!

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." I Cor 14:33
Satan it seems would want to keep people from reading scripture, running on vibes instead. Which seems to be the popular view nowadays.

Reactions: amadeus