Eve in the Garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

@Dave L
Hasnt helped you has it... After all the studying you still dont believe God speaks to man... and well if we removed 98 % of the garbage posted on these forums people would still get saved. But men love to boast of how clever they are.. Im just not that smart.. Ill trust in Him.
Because of studying the bible, I know people who hear voices in their heads and think it is God are crazy.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think of the knowledge of good and evil like a virus, once let loose it infected everyone and everything upon the earth at the same time. Death entered into the whole world not just Adam and Eve. Since all were infected, all had to leave but, imo, most of the children had left Eden already to go out and explore the world. Before the fall, the whole earth was Eden-like. Eden was just the name given to the area where God planted Adam and Eve. Once the sin nature/virus had spread, the only reason they were thrown out of the location known as Eden was because that was where the Tree of Life was. Gen. 3:22,24.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Do you believe that God is omniscient?

And I am not trying to be disrespectful when I ask if you have ever seen Dr. Strange.

Yes I do... and He also is the only one that has a free will. All we have is a limited will. God knows what he is doing and our so called free will want change his plans.

Reactions: Dave L

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Think of the knowledge of good and evil like a virus, once let loose it infected everyone and everything upon the earth at the same time. Death entered into the whole world not just Adam and Eve. Since all were infected, all had to leave but, imo, most of the children had left Eden already to go out and explore the world. Before the fall, the whole earth was Eden-like. Eden was just the name given to the area where God planted Adam and Eve. Once the sin nature/virus had spread, the only reason they were thrown out of the location known as Eden was because that was where the Tree of Life was. Gen. 3:22,24.

The problem began when God made the devil (Gen. 3:1) and gave him access to the garden to tempt Eve. What the heck was he thinking?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all part of the plan which we really know very little of the scope of.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Adam was sinless until the fall so it is logical to conclude that any children born before the fall, would be sinless as well thus deserving to be called sons of God.
The point we are making is that there were no children born before the Fall. It would appear that the Fall took place not too long after creation.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But I believe God knew every possible outcome when He made mankind. And He knew the result would be good in the end. Because no, I do not believe God would create us to perish. Jeremiah 29:11 talks about how He has plans to prosper us and not to harm us
We have passages that pretty plainly imo express that God did in fact not know the outcome, and recognized that His plans needed to be tweaked. Of course this does not comport with our perspectives on omniscience and perfection(ism), etc, and also imo speaks to our pov @ "free will," which many will go to great lengths to assure you that you don't have. Imo go find what the Bible says in the mater and form your own opinion, there are plenty of vv on the subject.

Of course I agree that God did not create us to perish as you say, but then we might be defining that term diff right now. Fwiw I would beware of self-professed Oracles in here ok, I say "self-professed" but of course they would not admit to this, but rather exhibit this, if you get me.

Anyway, it is easy to maybe...to get fixated on the "dross" part of the refining process, so to speak, and imo this is another function of denying Free Will; bc behold, you are called to make a choice, in real time, even as we speak? And while surely a chrismatic enough person might sway you with some declaration of Absolute Truth, and insisting that you must abide by it, but again that is a choice that is up to you.

D

Dave L

We have passages that pretty plainly imo express that God did in fact not know the outcome, and recognized that His plans needed to be tweaked. Of course this does not comport with our perspectives on omniscience and perfection(ism), etc, and also imo speaks to our pov @ "free will," which many will go to great lengths to assure you that you don't have. Imo go find what the Bible says in the mater and form your own opinion, there are plenty of vv on the subject.

Of course I agree that God did not create us to perish as you say, but then we might be defining that term diff right now. Fwiw I would beware of self-professed Oracles in here ok, I say "self-professed" but of course they would not admit to this, but rather exhibit this, if you get me.

Anyway, it is easy to maybe...to get fixated on the "dross" part of the refining process, so to speak, and imo this is another function of denying Free Will; bc behold, you are called to make a choice, in real time, even as we speak? And while surely a chrismatic enough person might sway you with some declaration of Absolute Truth, and insisting that you must abide by it, but again that is a choice that is up to you.
This type of "godling" renders faith impossible.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You imply we cannot know the truth. But study cures this.

I agree with @amadeus
Proverbs 3
5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. "
Maybe that word understand is also his own interpretation!!
Man likes and admires his own interpretations of what he is studying.
When we "Behold The Man"...when we "see Him who is invisible" and when we Study Him...then he opens up the deeper things to our spirit.
I could go on here...but I wont...

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

I agree with @amadeus
Proverbs 3
5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. "
Maybe that word understand is also his own interpretation!!
Man likes and admires his own interpretations of what he is studying.
When we "Behold The Man"...when we "see Him who is invisible" and when we Study Him...then he opens up the deeper things to our spirit.
I could go on here...but I wont...
How is learning about God and doing what he says "leaning to your own understanding"? It's an excuse for not spending time in God's word and nothing more.

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings [today's tongues?]: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.” (2 Timothy 2:15–16) (KJV 1900)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point we are making is that there were no children born before the Fall. It would appear that the Fall took place not too long after creation.

And the point I am making is that we don't know that for sure. We aren't told the whole story, we are only told what God wanted us to know but I don't think speculating about other possibilities is a sin. I just think that God's relationship w/ Adam was stronger and longer than most folks like to give him credit for.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How is learning about God and doing what he says "leaning to your own understanding"? It's an excuse for not spending time in God's word and nothing more.

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings [today's tongues?]: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.” (2 Timothy 2:15–16) (KJV 1900)

Okay Dave..if you want to debate this...how many hours ( not minutes) do you spend on your knees before the Lord just "Beholding HIM"?
A man can spend half his life "studying" the word... that does not = spending time in fellowship with God Himself.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And the point I am making is that we don't know that for sure. We aren't told the whole story, we are only told what God wanted us to know but I don't think speculating about other possibilities is a sin. I just think that God's relationship w/ Adam was stronger and longer than most folks like to give him credit for.

Yes 100% agree..

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have no idea what you are talking about Byrd, but I surely know God is omniscient. Now I believe like only the Father knows the day or hour, not even the Son, but the Triune God is all knowing. And God the Father promised the enemy is crushed in the end, so does know the outcome.

D

Dave L

Okay Dave..if you want to debate this...how many hours ( not minutes) do you spend on your knees before the Lord just "Beholding HIM"?
A man can spend half his life "studying" the word... that does not = spending time in fellowship with God Himself.
I spend nearly every waking minute in prayer (under my breath). And I'm blessed with sleep where I dream scripture and in some cases gain understanding of concepts that mystified me.

Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem began when God made the devil (Gen. 3:1) and gave him access to the garden to tempt Eve. What the heck was he thinking?

So which do you believe...this here...or you post #143 :D
God either does know what He is doing, or He doesn't know what He is doing!! LOL

Reactions: bbyrd009