• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[editor’s note: gonna be sending this one mostly unedited, feel some raw suffering here, since I don’t know how long I have before my mother comes back downstairs]

tfw i gotta phone call my insurance broker. planned on telling them it seems likely i have:

adhd, autism, anxiety, burnout, depression, stress, suicidal thoughts in the past, shortness of breath, stress, tiredness, trauma, etc.

mother said I was diagnosed at birth for asthma tho so I got that at least

and my first worry being how much it will increase my monthly insurance premium for me to pay

also the fact that they're familiar with my mom who works in insurance too has me wondering whether they will tell my mom about this stuff

also me going somewhere random outside and searching how to call directly to a person's voicemail cuz i feel nervous

interesting fact tho: i was studying some insurance and planned to go into an insurance related job but didnt make it in

ok so

my fingers are freezing

it hard to move them now

i called hoping it would go to voicemail but OF COURSE they pick up and say "hello"

so i hang up in panic

wherres these peoples email or something?????

so i put my hands in my pocket wanderin around trying to warm up

auuuuggghhhy

hey its just a phone call right

but this person knows my MOM

andi have to somehow get the courage to give like that script above of my conditions

AUUUGGHHHHHH

so i pray to God to give me the confidence i need to just say what I need to say and end the call

alright

lets do this

ALSOCCUZ MY HANDS ARE FREEZING RN

I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER

augghhh

okkkk i did it

buttttt

they gave me another phone number

i gotta call

jts 8:11 PM today dec 12 2023

reason im so nervous is cuz im afraid my mothers going to insult me because of this stuff

it so cold my fingers can barely move

ok well turns out they have email this whole time

auuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhh

this is so much tension im gritting my teeth

ok at least i can word it properly

Editor's Note: My mom is here with me so I'm typing this on my phone. I feel tense with her near me, watching me. I believe that, no matter how tense things get for people, that eventually they shall all be given permanent peace εἰρήνη (eirēnē) of God, permanent salvation, by faith only in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:7 NRSVue And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/philippians/4-7.ht

Sent the email now. Oh and my mom comes down again

• Wow
Reactions: The Learner

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If everybody shall be saved there would be no purpose for the lake of fire that is the second death. Why would some need to die twice if all shall be saved?
Prison (penitentiary) is for those who have been convicted of a crime and are required by law to lose their freedom for their offences for a designated time. But once they have completed their time they are released. It is hoped that during their time in confinement they would acknowledge and repent of their crimes. Now I saw that at some time in the future after the judgement of God was passed down to those who had offended God’s laws (everyone) excluding those whose names are written in the book of life, were put into a place of confinement to do their time. But there came a time when all those who were sent to this place became penitent, repented on bended knee and confessed Jesus as their Lord. All of them were redeemed and reconciled to the One Who had Created them. At this point all were brought together as one, unified with their God, not one was left behind, not one left out of God’s kingdom so that the Lake of fire (probably not a literal fire as the angels are spirits which maybe cannot burn) was empty. Yay!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prison (penitentiary) is for those who have been convicted of a crime and are required by law to lose their freedom for their offences for a designated time. But once they have completed their time they are released. It is hoped that during their time in confinement they would acknowledge and repent of their crimes. Now I saw that at some time in the future after the judgement of God was passed down to those who had offended God’s laws (everyone) excluding those whose names are written in the book of life, were put into a place of confinement to do their time. But there came a time when all those who were sent to this place became penitent, repented on bended knee and confessed Jesus as their Lord. All of them were redeemed and reconciled to the One Who had Created them. At this point all were brought together as one, unified with their God, not one was left behind, not one left out of God’s kingdom so that the Lake of fire (probably not a literal fire as the angels are spirits which maybe cannot burn) was empty. Yay!

The lake of fire is not a place where the unrepentant might become penitent and on bended knee confess Jesus Christ as their Lord. It is called the "Second Death" for a reason. Those cast into the lake of fire experience eternal death, or death that is unending. Unrepentant sinners have already been convicted of sin, which is why the penalty of death hangs over them without Christ. It is written that we were "dead in trespasses and sins", IOW spiritually dead, and destined to die the second death if they do not in life before they die turn to Christ for eternal life. So the convicted are indeed required according to the law lose their freedom while the sentence of death hangs over them. But, they can be set free from this sentence of spiritual death through faith in Christ if they repent and believe Him before they physically die.

Now in this life, before we die we are judged by His Word the Gospel, and today now in this life is the time to be eternally saved that we might be set free from bondage to the second death. Once physical death has come to those in unbelief their fate is eternally sealed and there shall be no longer any chance for them to turn to Christ for eternal life and overcome this sentence on them.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[editor’s note: gonna be sending this one mostly unedited, feel some raw suffering here, since I don’t know how long I have before my mother comes back downstairs]

tfw i gotta phone call my insurance broker. planned on telling them it seems likely i have:

adhd, autism, anxiety, burnout, depression, stress, suicidal thoughts in the past, shortness of breath, stress, tiredness, trauma, etc.

mother said I was diagnosed at birth for asthma tho so I got that at least

and my first worry being how much it will increase my monthly insurance premium for me to pay

also the fact that they're familiar with my mom who works in insurance too has me wondering whether they will tell my mom about this stuff

also me going somewhere random outside and searching how to call directly to a person's voicemail cuz i feel nervous

interesting fact tho: i was studying some insurance and planned to go into an insurance related job but didnt make it in

ok so

my fingers are freezing

it hard to move them now

i called hoping it would go to voicemail but OF COURSE they pick up and say "hello"

so i hang up in panic

wherres these peoples email or something?????

so i put my hands in my pocket wanderin around trying to warm up

auuuuggghhhy

hey its just a phone call right

but this person knows my MOM

andi have to somehow get the courage to give like that script above of my conditions

AUUUGGHHHHHH

so i pray to God to give me the confidence i need to just say what I need to say and end the call

alright

lets do this

ALSOCCUZ MY HANDS ARE FREEZING RN

I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER

augghhh

okkkk i did it

buttttt

they gave me another phone number

i gotta call

jts 8:11 PM today dec 12 2023

reason im so nervous is cuz im afraid my mothers going to insult me because of this stuff

it so cold my fingers can barely move

ok well turns out they have email this whole time

auuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhh

this is so much tension im gritting my teeth

ok at least i can word it properly

Editor's Note: My mom is here with me so I'm typing this on my phone. I feel tense with her near me, watching me. I believe that, no matter how tense things get for people, that eventually they shall all be given permanent peace εἰρήνη (eirēnē) of God, permanent salvation, by faith only in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:7 NRSVue And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/philippians/4-7.ht

Sent the email now. Oh and my mom comes down again
Get a complete check up first.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[Editor’s Note: So I meant to post this earlier, but I still had to edit this. Now that it’s done, figured I’ll post it already. This was from around 3 days ago]

It's around 2:46 PM Dec 10 2024 and my mother is harassing me for defending my sister earlier today. My father is driving, I’m sitting in the front to the right while my mother is sitting directly behind me.

My mother tells me to not write down what happens because it should stay in the family. But that isn't healthy.

My mother says it happens and then goes away. But I reply sating that it keeps happening over and over again.

O tell my mother that its not supposed to be happening over and over again

My father replies saying that people internalize conflict, but it's not healthy to internalize it completely

My mother talks about a situation where a coworker complains at her work. But obviously, if there’s something wrong at work, then it’s good to complain about it.

So, I reply telling my mother that there’s abuse

Mama: This is not abuse! This is family matters

Mama: Soap operas. The young and the restless I used to watch. They have all this family disputes family matters.

Me: Well, our life is not supposed to be some constant drama like an episodic tv show. The issue is that you're creating the drama mama

Mama: It's like you’re not in the real world. Like you want to create heaven on this earth. But that's not gonna happen. Trying to create a perfect world, no

[Editor’s Note

But I believe that a perfectly good world with no suffering will eventually be reached. For this to be possible, everyone must be believers in Christ. With the permanent existence of sin in Christian Infernalism and the permanent loss of potential good in Christian Annihlationism, it’s only in Christian Universalism among these three options where perfect goodness is realized.

```Psalm 107:1 NRSVue O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever```

Psalm 107:1 Interlinear: Give ye thanks to Jehovah, For good, for to the age is His kindness:'

לְעוֹלָ֣ם related to olam inflection used here, as many Christian Universalitss are familiar with, similar in meaning to aion related to age. ]

Me: But its still worth trying. To make this life even a little but better. Especially since all you need to do mama is to be kinder

Mama: We'll see about that.

Then my mother says how my sister might be at a particular location. And a predetermined event occurs. My sister was out on her own with a friend and we drove to the same spot where we are.

So, I text my sister to warn her.

So, in Burger King my mother tell me that she has been given intuition that lets her predict these things, and tells me to listen to her warnings.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today, Dec 14 2023, I was literally crying and shitting in the Subway washroom.

It was around noon when I met with my former Dr. boss who I worked for over the summer. He describes to me how I read at least 170 scholarly papers in around 4 months when another . I was doing paid work for a financial vulnerability project, which later became a survey that was then sent out.

My former boss once again tried to convince me to apply to grad school outside of the province.

He told me he’s impressed by my work, worrying that he wouldn’t be able to find another [my real name] for the next 5 or 6 years. However, I cannot do this because it would mean leaving my sister with my psychologically abusive mother.

I asked him why he chose me? And he told me that I’m not the smartest and it’s not intelligence that is the criteria necessarily, though a certain base amount was necessary for the position. But rather, he tells me it was because of a feeling, because I had intellectual curiosity.

I’ve also wondered why God gave me pre-mortem faith. Hearing my boss say that made me think of that. Because I’m just some random person on the Internet, and during this meeting, my mind kept thinking of continuing to write the fanfic of one of my friend’s fanfics.

So why did God choose me to have faith? I know it has been predestined for the LORD to give everyone in this large family of creation faith eventually, but why me before others? I’m not the smartest, nor the wisest, nor the greatest, nor the bravest. Why give me the curiosity that led me to research Christianity in the first place?

```Romans 8:29 NRSVue For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn within a large family```

Speaking of family, my mother has access to my Yahoo email account. So, she saw the meeting date my boss scheduled. I told him I already have other plans, but he tried to insist. He’s friendly, a lot nicer than my mother, but unfortunately, I don’t think he understands what the consequences of me leaving would entail for my sister.

What surprised me is he started texting another one of my former bosses to also show up to the location. And he tried to get me to pay for a GMAT test which was close to around $300 USD. So, I knew I had to stall for time, to survive. Here’s what I typed on my phone during the meeting:

I'm calling someone while typing on my phone with my former boss in Subway 2:25 PM m. I'm calling them again to try to get the website the speaker says since the voice mail box is full. Ended up making a GMAT Account and even got up to the booking screen. But just for show.

2:48 PM he was scrolling on my phone and went to the birthdate section and was surprised to see it was "December 19, 2000" saying how my birthday was coming up soon. "Thanks" I replied.

Luckily, I stalled enough that it showed the session went inactive. 2:51 PM

That’s what I typed. I saw that my phone battery was at 4% so I knew it would run out eventually. So, I asked one of the Subway workers for the key to the washroom and went inside.

I knew my former boss would wonder why it would take me a while to stay in the washroom, so I had to take a strategic shit. But then the stress hit me and I was crying. So I prayed to God for protection. I could hear what sounded like the voice of my other former boss, the one who also supervised for the more recent SCE Lifeworks survey, so I continued to stay in the washroom. After I prayed, I heard my former boss talking to me from the other side of the door. So, I came out of the washroom and announced to my former boss that I had pooped.

My bowel movement was a predetermined event. Because my former boss told me that my other former boss had arrived and left all in the time that I was in the washroom.

Luckily, my phone was around 1% battery, so I turned on the brightness to max and eventually it turned off. I then announced this to my former boss, and showed him the screen. However, my former boss had the password to my account that was changed to one that he knew of so he could have access to my account around 3:31 PM.

So, he told me to book the GMAT test through his phone instead, but I told him plainly that I did not feel comfortable doing that since that’s actual payment information. The meeting was over after nearly 4 hours and I was relieved that I made it through it without losing almost $300 USD. [As of editing this, 7:06 PM, I changed the password to a different one]

4:11 PM Had to wait a while for my battery to charge. [Yep, I had a battery charger in my phone in my bag this whole time, but I wanted my phone battery to purposely drain to give me a way out of that meeting. Because I don’t want to leave my sister with my abusive mother. I don’t care how much academia values my research, or how important it is, I will not abandon my sister.]

I'm typing this at the bus stop. I could take a bus, but I want to run.

Looks like my Infernannihlationist mother texted me, so I replied saying that my meeting with my former boss recently ended with a photo of the digital bus stop display pole.

When I got back home, my mother questioned me why the meeting took so longer. So, I explained some details to her. I tell my mother who I love to be kinder to my sister, but she tells me to talk to her myself, saying around 5:56 PM today “You are her mother. … [my sister’s real name]’s mother. … Be her guardian. Be her guardian angel. Warn her. That is the guardian angel’s job.” Therefore, my sister is my daughter who I love. And love does not abandon others 1 Corinthians 13:4-6. Just like how the love of God will not abandon anyone.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lake of fire is not a place where the unrepentant might become penitent and on bended knee confess Jesus Christ as their Lord. It is called the "Second Death" for a reason. Those cast into the lake of fire experience eternal death, or death that is unending. Unrepentant sinners have already been convicted of sin, which is why the penalty of death hangs over them without Christ. It is written that we were "dead in trespasses and sins", IOW spiritually dead, and destined to die the second death if they do not in life before they die turn to Christ for eternal life. So the convicted are indeed required according to the law lose their freedom while the sentence of death hangs over them. But, they can be set free from this sentence of spiritual death through faith in Christ if they repent and believe Him before they physically die.

Now in this life, before we die we are judged by His Word the Gospel, and today now in this life is the time to be eternally saved that we might be set free from bondage to the second death. Once physical death has come to those in unbelief their fate is eternally sealed and there shall be no longer any chance for them to turn to Christ for eternal life and overcome this sentence on them.
Now in this life, before we die we are judged by His Word the Gospel,

Revelation 20
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Yes, John says "the dead" are the ones who shall be judged before God according to what is written in the books and the book of life. Those who are alive in Christ though physically dead are not judged among the dead, because they died in Christ who has already made atonement for their sin and defeated death. IOW Christ was judged already on behalf of all who are in Him.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, John says "the dead" are the ones who shall be judged before God according to what is written in the books and the book of life. Those who are alive in Christ though physically dead are not judged among the dead, because they died in Christ who has already made atonement for their sin and defeated death. IOW Christ was judged already on behalf of all who are in Him.
Excellent response!

Reactions: rwb

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rwb said:
Excellent response!
Hello, I haven't seen you on the forum before. (that I recall)

Why would you applaud that response?
I see at least two erroneous statements in the post. Perhaps we should address them?

1) "John says "the dead" are the ones who shall be judged before God according to what is written in the books and the book of life"?
Is that how they will be judged? Not for their deeds or every idle word?
2) "Those who are alive in Christ though physically dead are not judged among the dead, because they died in Christ who has already made atonement for their sin and defeated death"?
The Atonement was for everyone, not just the Elect.

1 John 2:2 NIV
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

/

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rwb said:

I see at least two erroneous statements in the post. Perhaps we should address them?

1) "John says "the dead" are the ones who shall be judged before God according to what is written in the books and the book of life"?
2) "Those who are alive in Christ though physically dead are not judged among the dead, because they died in Christ who has already made atonement for their sin and defeated death"?

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

/

What is written in the books that give accounting of the dead? Is it not what they have done according to the flesh while they were physically alive? The atonement was indeed for ALL sin. However there is a caveat, Christ's atoning blood will NOT cleanse the sins of those who die in unbelief. For that sin leads man to eternal death.

The created order that is the world shall not perish because Christ was sent to save creation and all who believe in Him. Those who remain in darkness and unbelief are condemned already because they do not believe in the name of Christ.

John 3:16-18 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The atonement was indeed for ALL sin. However there is a caveat, Christ's atoning blood will NOT cleanse the sins of those who die in unbelief. For that sin leads man to eternal death.
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. (the unforgivable sin fallacy?)

Colossians 1:19-20
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven,
by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Romans 3:24 NIV
and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 9:16 NIV
It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.

The created order that is the world shall not perish because Christ was sent to save creation and all who believe in Him.
That's a presupposition. (we all have them)

Titus 2:11 ESV
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

John 1:29 NIV
... The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said,
“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

1 Timothy 4:10 NIV
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God,
who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

1 John 4:14 NIV
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

/

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. (the unforgivable sin fallacy?)

Colossians 1:19-20
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven,
by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Romans 3:24 NIV
and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 9:16 NIV
It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.

That's a presupposition. (we all have them)

Titus 2:11 ESV
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

John 1:29 NIV
... The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said,
“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

1 Timothy 4:10 NIV
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God,
who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

1 John 4:14 NIV
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

/

You arrive at your doctrine by selective reading only those verses that support your preconceived doctrine. How do you justify your error when reading not only in context, but also by reconciling ALL of Scripture that there cannot contain contradiction? It is in doing this that I have blessed assurance that I have arrived at the proper understanding of the doctrine of God's judgment and damnation of those who die in unbelief.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rwb said:

/
It was the manner of your response, not the accuracy of narration of scripture you provided, as I disagree with your assessment.

Reactions: St. SteVen