• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not wanting to offend, but just asking; Do you really believe that God or Jesus ‘wrote’ anything down in ‘the bible’? I think the bible says
“all Scripture was INSPIRED”. I see that as totally different from actually written. I do think the tablets of stone on mount sinai were actually’ written’ by God.
That is a good point. It seems God Himself wrote down the 10 commandments. Ex 31:18 And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

Reactions: The Learner

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Example?
If you do not understand the simple things, or the "milk of the word", which, nobody can discern things themselves. Reading scripture (which I do NOT cherry pick) is done after praying God to send His Spirit to help us TO discern. I know, many do not rely on His God breathed words, but their own imaginations. Remember, Satan comes as an angel of light. How do we know that? Well...scripture! Not all "voices" are from God and one will be mis-directed...without discernment.
It seems God Himself wrote down the 10 commandments. Ex 31:18 And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

Therefore it is written,
“thou shalt not kill" Ex 21:13
[KILL
râtsach
raw-tsakh'
A primitive root; properly to dash in pieces, that is, kill (a human being)]

God communicated to Joshua,
And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land:
Jos 8:2 And thou shalt do to Ai and her king as thou didst unto Jericho and her king.

What did Joshua do to Jericho?

Joshua 6:21 (KJV) And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

Joshua supposedly heard the God of Isreal
say, "Kill!" (dash to pieces)
Moses read what the God of Israel had written, "Do not kill" (dash to pieces)

Caleb was maybe around 40 when God wrote down His commands and now in his 80s hears his friend say he heard God say something contrary to what God had written 40 years earlier.

Caleb had a dilemma. Does he go with God's written command (given to God's appointed leader) or God's spoken command (given to God's new appointed leader)?

Does God communicate different things to different people by different means? Does He contradict what is written? You make up your mind.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hillsage said:
Not wanting to offend, but just asking; Do you really believe that God or Jesus ‘wrote’ anything down in ‘the bible’? I think the bible says
“all Scripture was INSPIRED”. I see that as totally different from actually written. I do think the tablets of stone on mount sinai were actually’ written’ by God.
That is a good point. It seems God Himself wrote down the 10 commandments. Ex 31:18 And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.
If I remember correctly...
When Moses came down from the mountain and saw what the Israelites were doing,
he broke the tablets by throwing them down in anger.
He basically "threw the book at them". - LOL

Moses then went back up the mountain to visit God and wrote the commandments himself.
So, the set of TC tablets in the Ark of the Covenant were written by Moses.

This makes me wonder about the claim that "the Ten Commandments were written by the finger of God."

]

• Haha

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hillsage said:

If I remember correctly...
When Moses came down from the mountain and saw what the Israelites were doing,
he broke the tablets by throwing them down in anger.
He basically "threw the book at them". - LOL

Moses then went back up the mountain to visit God and wrote the commandments himself.
So, the set of TC tablets in the Ark of the Covenant were written by Moses.

This makes me wonder about the claim that "the Ten Commandments were written by the finger of God."

]
"Threw the book at them." That's funny. Two pages really doesn't even make a pamphlet IMO. :p I guess my POV is this; And "inspired" word is not a spoken word. Neither does it mean that God directed every stroke, jot and tittle of what the AUTHOR wrote.

1CO 7:10 To the married I (Paul) give charge, not I but the Lord,
1CO 7:12 To the rest I (Paul) say, not the Lord,

So did the Holy Spirit inspire Paul to distinguish when it was the Lord above and when it wasn't?????

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1CO 7:10 To the married I (Paul) give charge, not I but the Lord,
1CO 7:12 To the rest I (Paul) say, not the Lord,

So did the Holy Spirit inspire Paul to distinguish when it was the Lord above and when it wasn't?????
I think this is a good way to distinguish (not extinguish - LOL) what God's Word is.
Not the whole book, but where indicated. "Thus saith the Lord..."
I think there is a difference between the pen of a scribe and the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:4 NRSVue
But he answered, “It is written,
‘One does not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”

]

Reactions: Cyd

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is a good way to distinguish (not extinguish - LOL) what God's Word is.
Not the whole book, but where indicated. "Thus saith the Lord..."
I think there is a difference between the pen of a scribe and the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:4 NRSVue
But he answered, “It is written,
‘One does not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”

]
I agree.....but....;When the 'bible says' isn't the bible 'speaking'....it is the spoken word 'written'....IMO. And when it is written the 'first time' it can no longer be a present progressive tense "proceedeth from the mouth" word..

And every time one 'prophesies 'today, it is a word from the MOUTH of God, but heard only by the 'spiritual ears' of the one speaking that word immediately upon hearing it IMO. If copied and spoken or written by another....it is not proceeding from “the mouth of God”'....My thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.....but....;When the 'bible says' isn't the bible 'speaking'....it is the spoken word 'written'....IMO.
Like the book of Numbers? Every word?
Or the collection of oral traditions we find in Genesis? (two creation narratives?)
Probably inspired by scrolls owned by Moses father-in-law.

/

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If all people go to Heaven,the Gospel need not be taught.
It's only good news for those who hear it as good news but for the rest it isn't good news and it will fall on deaf ears, be dismissed or rejected. This is the intent of the Giver of the good news. He only wants His own chosen elected ones to respond, no one else.

When my own children were young I had a particular sound specific to each one to get their atattention. It came in handy in a group setting. When I was ready to get the family together to go home I would find each child, make their sound, they would respond by giving me their attention and following my instruction.

In one particular group situation, I didn't want to give out a general call for everyone to get into my car and come home with me. There was too many of them. Plus I had a plan for my family and another that included everyone else.
Plan #1 As a family we were going to go home to prepare for a party.
Plan # 2 An invitation was given to everyone, for everyone to attend the party later on.

My Father God has that with us. He knows exactly how to get His children's attention and to give them His instructions. This is pretty cool. These will reign with Jesus in His kingdom. Then afterwards ALL will respond to the invitation to enter into Father's kingdom and this reunion party will never end.

Now that's good news, the gospel.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's only good news for those who hear it as good news but for the rest it isn't good news and it will fall on deaf ears, be dismissed or rejected. This is the intent of the Giver of the good news. He only wants His own chosen elected ones to respond, no one else.

When my own children were young I had a particular sound specific to each one to get their atattention. It came in handy in a group setting. When I was ready to get the family together to go home I would find each child, make their sound, they would respond by giving me their attention and following my instruction.

In one particular group situation, I didn't want to give out a general call for everyone to get into my car and come home with me. There was too many of them. Plus I had a plan for my family and another that included everyone else.
Plan #1 As a family we were going to go home to prepare for a party.
Plan # 2 An invitation was given to everyone, for everyone to attend the party later on.

My Father God has that with us. He knows exactly how to get His children's attention and to give them His instructions. This is pretty cool. These will reign with Jesus in His kingdom. Then afterwards ALL will respond to the invitation to enter into Father's kingdom and this reunion party will never end.

Now that's good news, the gospel.
The description as you narrate it doesn't make it sound like good news.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The description as you narrate it doesn't make it sound like good news.
Again, God communicates one thing to me which is fantastic news. To you it is not. I'm so glad I have no responsibility whatsoever how you respond to God.

I love the story of Noah, the ark and the animals that boarded the ark. It seems that God saw to it that only a certain number of every kind of animal responded to God's instruction to come and enter the ark. Noah had no responsibility as to what animals would join him and his family on the ark.

Judging by the size of the ark, it could not accommodate all the humans Noah interacted with, let alone all the animal that lived on the earth at that time .

Like all the elephants, the dogs, lizards, koalas, tigers etc, besides the male and female of each kind God chose, all other humans were not required, therefore did not and could not respond to their Creator.

Father does not need many from every tribe, tongue, people or nation to be IN Christ, IN His body to make it through into the new kingdom.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father does not need many from every tribe, tongue, people or nation to be IN Christ, IN His body to make it through into the new kingdom.
Say what?

- What does Father need?
- Is He saving face to save a FEW from every tribe, tongue, people or nation?
- Would saving two fulfill His quota?
- Does that sound like a victory?
- What will he do with the rest?
- Is it not his will that all be saved?
- Can the will of humankind thwart the will of God?

]

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I hope this is the right place to post about it! I imagine talking about this belief can be controversial, so I have put it under the Unorthodox Doctrine Forum. Please let me know if this is the appropriate place to discuss this or if this is allowed to be discussed. Thank you kindly.

Anyways, let me introduce myself, since this is my first post here. Hi, my name is Harold Samson. On other forums I got by the names Harold Samsong, HSong, or just simply Song.

My beliefs that are relevant to this discussion are as follows:
-> Everyone goes to Heaven.
-> Specifically, everyone will be saved through Jesus Christ.
-> Salvation is through faith alone in Jesus Christ, not of works.
-> Once saved, always saved. You cannot lose your salvation.
and other basic tenants

If you need any more clarification, I will be more than happy to provide.

Now, here's the part where I provide Bible verses to support this position.

1 Timothy 4:10 Jesus Christ, the savior of all men, especially those who believe.​

Some believers may wonder what the point of believing is if God will save everyone. But, the way I see it, believing in Jesus Christ is necessary for salvation, meaning that everyone will eventually believe that God is Jesus Christ. So for us believers, we believe in God in advance, having learned the truth out of grace, and doing good because of our love for Christ!

1 John 3:5: "You know that He [Jesus] appeared to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin."

There is no sin in God, God’s existence cannot allow sin. Therefore, God will go to each person in the world and use Jesus Christ as the cover for those sins, allowing everyone to be saved through Him.

Genesis 12:3 In you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

Everyone will receive God’s blessing of salvation! All families of the Earth means everyone, as everyone comes from the original family, are original descendants, of Adam and Eve.

Psalm NIV 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.

God’s love for all the people on Earth will never end, all will be saved.

1 Corinthians 15:55: "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"

God will not let death win! In the coming age, there will be no more death, no more suffering, for anyone. Because God will save everyone!

I will leave it at those 5 for now, though I have plenty more than I can reference.

If you agree or disagree with these beliefs, then feel free to let me know why. I'm always curious and interested to know your reasons. I encourage an open discussion on all fronts.

Thank you all for reading this and I hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)
Can't wait to meet Satan in heaven and ask him why he thought he could be God.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Say what?

- What does Father need?
- Is He saving face to save a FEW from every tribe, tongue, people or nation?
- Would saving two fulfill His quota?
- Does that sound like a victory?
- What will he do with the rest?
- Is it not his will that all be saved?
- Can the will of humankind thwart the will of God?

You may have missed it In post 1029. 12 said; "These will reign with Jesus in His kingdom. Then afterwards ALL will respond to the invitation to enter into Father's kingdom and this reunion party will never end."

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN!
Sorry I missed this earlier. @Hillsage pointed it out to me. Thanks!

I just remembered a topic I launched quite a while ago. (your username reminded me of it)

Seven questions

]

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... every tongue and every knee... - Philippians 2:10-11

It will be quite a Day. (Age)

]
Yep, the way I read it, New Jerusalem descends to Earth 1,000 years after the Second Coming with all the saints who were resurrected 1,000 years prior as the wicked of all ages are coming up in the Resurrection of the Damned, and after some time they advance toward the City to surround it...when all of a sudden their attention is arrested by the sudden appearance of Jesus high above the City in the "Great White Throne Judgment" which at that moment causes all to be convicted of their guilt of the Unpardonable Sin - any sin from which we refuse to repent - and in that moment of overwhelming guilt, they are compelled to drop down to their knees and confess Jesus was right and that they deserve the fiery destruction about to fall down from God out of heaven.

It seems, perhaps, Satan finally realizes he's come to the end of his existence, and in one last ditch effort to save themselves rallies the innumerable multitude to run up and surround the City to take it by force, but the fire comes down and puts an end to their rebellion permanently.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... in that moment of overwhelming guilt, they are compelled to drop down to their knees and confess Jesus was right...
I like the detail in your post. And it brings some eschatology into the event.
But in the quoted bit above, I want you to consider the definition of the NT Greek word "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11.
Their motivation is not guilt or forced compulsion. They will whole-heartedly, and without reservation,
acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Note on "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11 from Strong's Concordance
S1843 eksomologéō (from 1537 /ek, "wholly out from," intensifying 3670 /homologéō, "say the same thing about") – properly, fully agree and to acknowledge that agreement openly (whole-heartedly); hence, to confess ("openly declare"), without reservation (no holding back).

]