Evolution is not our enemy, it is our friend.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
Evolution is not our enemy, it is our friend... when we understand it. Why it is our friend? Because all science is friendly and gives glory to God. It is the Theory of Evolution that is our enemy.So, what's the difference between evolution and The Theory of Evolution?Evolution simply means, "change over time." We should not war against this because it is cearly seen in genetics. Things MUST CHANGE OVER TIME for us to have arrived at SO MANY DOGS, and SO MANY CATS, and SO MANY VARIATIONS of all types of different kinds of animals.We don't like the word evolution, understandably, because so many people don't understand it correctly, and this misunderstanding leads to misuse... and the misuse leads to misunderstanding... and it is a cycle of confusion. Satan is the author of confusion, so we should bring this whole thing into a good understanding.This misunderstand of the word is why I prefer to use worlds like, "adapt", and, "change", instead of the word, "evolve."We have been changing over time... no Christian should deny this. We do not war against this FACT. We see it in God's creation, and arrive at it when we consider the flood of Noah's day. To speak against change over time only harms our case for God's Word about His creation. Why? Because when we war against any truth... we war against the maker of truth. Of course, that is God. Like God's Word, science can be misinterpreted. Afterall, God spoke "science" into existance, and it will always be subject to His Word. It is only the MISINTERPREATION of science that brings contridiction to Him.We DO war against the THEORY OF EVOLUTION. This theory is very very wrong. The Theory of Evolution is teaching people that we have been evolving over millions of years, bypassing Adam and Eve as a myth, and consequently making Jesus inconsequential.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(treeoflife;52956)
We do war against the THEORY OF EVOLUTION. This theory is very very wrong. The Theory of Evolution is teaching people that we have been evolving over millions of years, bypassing Adam and Eve as a myth, and consequently making Jesus inconsequential.
Evolution per se does not bother me either. What the issue is with me anyway is that it becomes an open door for atheism to push their agenda. I would have no problem if God decided to have a little fun and string out creation to make all sorts of weird animals to get to our final product.And again, along that line, nobody can prove that a man-like being in the past had a soul or spirit. Just because it looks something like a man, has DNA like a man and so forth does not make it a man, or I should say more correctly Adam. God created Adam. I have no problem if there were pre-Adamic men running around.In this sense, my beliefs could align very well with some types of evolution. The problem is when that open door for atheism decides to leave God out of the equation. With all our controlled experiments and precise lab conditions, we have yet to create life out of the so-called primordial soup that evolutionists claim happened by chance, let alone something as complex as a brain or eyeball form by itself. Then there's the mathematical probability issue that would require random mutations to take even longer than the billions of years to happen by chance.Complex things could evolve if an intelligence guided it, but not by chance. That's my big issue. And I think the animals could have evolved---- I just don't accept Adam and his race as evolving. Man is a one-of-a-kind being separate from the others.But no matter what I say, they always have an airtight argument. Problem with something airtight is it always builds up pressure and explodes but at what cost and damage years later? Then they will say, "Oh this was wrong all along." I've seen it happen already what scientists adamantly proclaimed took a 180º turn later on.The bottom line: we only have theories and fossils to build a case and as cliche as it sounds, nobody was around to witness anything.But I will give credit to atheistic evolutionists. they have more faith than I do. It takes far more faith and imagination to believe something randomly formed like a man (even more improbable than a new lap top forming by itself over many years and falling from the sky) than it takes to believe an intelligent force guided the life process into what we have today.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(treeoflife;52956)
Evolution is not our enemy, it is our friend... when we understand it. Why it is our friend? Because all science is friendly and gives glory to God. It is the Theory of Evolution that is our enemy.So, what's the difference between evolution and The Theory of Evolution?Evolution simply means, "change over time." We should not war against this because it is cearly seen in genetics. Things MUST CHANGE OVER TIME for us to have arrived at SO MANY DOGS, and SO MANY CATS, and SO MANY VARIATIONS of all types of different kinds of animals.We don't like the word evolution, understandably, because so many people don't understand it correctly, and this misunderstanding leads to misuse... and the misuse leads to misunderstanding... and it is a cycle of confusion. Satan is the author of confusion, so we should bring this whole thing into a good understanding.This misunderstand of the word is why I prefer to use worlds like, "adapt", and, "change", instead of the word, "evolve."We have been changing over time... no Christian should deny this. We do not war against this FACT. We see it in God's creation, and arrive at it when we consider the flood of Noah's day. To speak against change over time only harms our case for God's Word about His creation. Why? Because when we war against any truth... we war against the maker of truth. Of course, that is God. Like God's Word, science can be misinterpreted. Afterall, God spoke "science" into existance, and it will always be subject to His Word. It is only the MISINTERPREATION of science that brings contridiction to Him.We DO war against the THEORY OF EVOLUTION. This theory is very very wrong. The Theory of Evolution is teaching people that we have been evolving over millions of years, bypassing Adam and Eve as a myth, and consequently making Jesus inconsequential.
I call this survial of the fittest rather than Evolution I have no problem believing all spiecies develop or lose certain traits to help them adapt and survive better.Unlike Evolution theroy that claims they turn into a new creature. Though to my knowledge a snail is still a snail whether its a thousand year old fossil or yesterdays pest.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Just like a dog will always be a dog. A cat will always be a cat. But of course not all dogs and cats (in this post) are the same...In fact they are many kinds of dogs and cats.