Except a man be born of WATER and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they obey Jesus, willingly , and repent, they get immersed in water in Jesus' Name as soon as possible, exactly as written, and as practiced by the true believers since the first time.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Knowing that someone repenting must be immersed in Jesus' Name in water, is perfectly in truth in harmony with all of God's Word and Revelation in Christ Jesus - though it has been often refused and denied by those who oppose Jesus.

Until you show from Scripture, <<someone repenting must be immersed in Jesus' Name in water,>> NONE OF WHICH WORDS occur, you have no case. Sorry. Next!

Reactions: Candidus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone wants to reject Jesus, we can only warn them, if God Permits.
There is a sin that leads to death, Jesus says He does not say to pray for that ....
there is a sin that leadeth not to death, Jesus says to pray for that.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If someone wants to reject Jesus, we can only warn them, if God Permits.
There is a sin that leads to death, Jesus says He does not say to pray for that ....
there is a sin that leadeth not to death, Jesus says to pray for that.
Scared to speak out your mind? Where are those words of yours you claim are in Acts 8? Until you present them stop praying and preaching to others which are far worse than your judging of them.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have apparently read the Bible, prayed at times to Jesus, and have a support group behind you that thinks like you think.

I don't believe anything short of a miracle will change that.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have apparently read the Bible, prayed at times to Jesus, and have a support group behind you that thinks like you think.

I don't believe anything short of a miracle will change that.

I ask you one thing, Scripture, This is how you reply.

Now be informed:

I have no <support group> behind me and nobody among between 7 and 8 billion living who <think like> I think. You are the latest proof of the truth of what I tell you now, because I don't believe anything short of SCRIPTURE that will change what or how I think. What you <believe> does not worry me.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If they obey Jesus, willingly , and repent, they get immersed in water in Jesus' Name as soon as possible, exactly as written, and as practiced by the true believers since the first time.
Well sorry, but you are wrong on this...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That there is an alternate interpretation is beside the point. What you have to realize is that it is very possible (even probable) that Jesus meant baptism in water when He spoke the words in John 3:5; and that means that if you take the stance that this is not what He meant, you could be wrong; and you would also be gambling your eternal soul on an interpretation.

IT IS WRITTEN that Jesus would NOT baptise with water (like John the baptist did). There is NO <alternate interpretation>. What you, have to realize, is that it is impossible, not even vaguely probable that Jesus meant baptism <<in water>> when He spoke these words in John 3, on the contrary, the very opposite fills the whole context in John 3,
"4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" -- which
you make a "fleshly" 'water' experience of YOUR OWN "fleshly" WILL, a "fleshly" 'water' requirement: of your, own, "fleshly" imagination: a non-Gospel water-baptism in all.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Until you show from Scripture, <<someone repenting must be immersed in Jesus' Name in water,>> NONE OF WHICH WORDS occur, you have no case. Sorry. Next!
Acts 2. Repent AND be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. So simple and so obvious.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
IT IS WRITTEN that Jesus would NOT baptise with water (like John the baptist did). There is NO <alternate interpretation>. What you, have to realize, is that it is impossible, not even vaguely probable that Jesus meant baptism <<in water>> when He spoke these words in John 3, on the contrary, the very opposite fills the whole context in John 3,
"4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" -- which
you make a "fleshly" 'water' experience of YOUR OWN "fleshly" WILL, a "fleshly" 'water' requirement: of your, own, "fleshly" imagination: a non-Gospel water-baptism in all.
You do not under any circumstances form a doctrine based on one verse of scripture, especially when there are a dozen that say the opposite.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not under any circumstances form a doctrine based on one verse of scripture, especially when there are a dozen that say the opposite.
There will be no scriptures that say the opposite of any singular verse of scripture...there may be contrasting verses that you must reconcile to the verse in question...but never anything that is truly contradictory.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:5 as it is compared to Acts 2:38-39 indicates water baptism is the subject of John 3:5. There are other verses that also teach the salvation value in baptism.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not baptize in water; but His disciples did...which does not diminish the importance of baptism: because it was still accomplished on behalf of new disciples.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There will be no scriptures that say the opposite of any singular verse of scripture...there may be contrasting verses that you must reconcile to the verse in question...but never anything that is truly contradictory.
OK, to avoid being pedantic, you do not base a doctrine on a verse of scripture, especially when there are many verses that do not support your theology on any issue.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, to avoid being pedantic, you do not base a doctrine on a verse of scripture, especially when there are many verses that do not support your theology on any issue.
There are always many verses that do not support your theology on any issue; for there are a very great multitude of verses in the Bible; and not all of them are going to speak about the issue that you are attempting to prove your point on.

And the verses that do speak on the same subject are not going to truly contradict each other.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a thought(s); it seems those who think Jesus is not God have not gotten any doctrine from Scripture (as they don't have the truth) , nor do most people receive any doctrine from God - it seems most people get their doctrine from other people ....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The one who denies Jesus is God , cannot be right in this.
One who is ignorant of the things of God wlll never be right, Jesus is always right because Jesus s the truth.

[MKJV] II Peter 1:17
For He received honor and glory from God the Father, when was borne to Him a voice from the excellent glory, "This is My belovedSon, in whom I am well pleased.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth,

Have you considered the following?

Jhn 4:23, But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Jhn 4:24, God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jhn 14:7, If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Jhn 14:8, Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9, Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jhn 14:10, Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jhn 14:11, Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth,

Have you considered the following?

Jhn 4:23, But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Jhn 4:24, God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jhn 14:7, If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Jhn 14:8, Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9, Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jhn 14:10, Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jhn 14:11, Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Oh so you can quote scripture, and ??