Extremely painful situation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever been in an extremely painful situation?

One time I thought it would be a good idea for a friend to spray lighter fluid on my leg, and set it on fire. Boy was this extreme and exciting only for a moment, until I couldn’t get it out. Having to run around the yard coming to the conclusion to try dropping down my pants, hitting face first into the ground, which extinguished the flames.

Now you may have been in car accidents, or hiking, but the type of pain I’m really trying to get into is letting go of things that people have said or have done to you in your past. I’m far from guilty of not having caused problems for another person.

Have you ever have had someone be mean to you, look down on you, spit in your face, just like Jesus Christ was treated? If you are a Christian there is something you should know, it is good for us to let go of these mistreatments and to become fully aware, and prudent if you may start to see them come up again within your life, be it a stranger, friend, or family member.

This is the helpful reminder seen in scripture

Romans 12:19 Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the LORD.

Whoever has done these things to you, let them go, give them to the Father lifting up prayer for all people which as Christians we are called to do.

1 Timothy 2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

Let God handle the situation, all you have to do is blow up a balloon of your problems with those whom you have suffered, and give them to God, and allow him to work with-in that individuals life in which they may turn around from their destructive lifestyle and repent coming to God.

God bless you, and take care,

Matthew G.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9 Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will grant you his blessing.

“If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.”

If you cannot yet do this, admit the truth that you cannot and ask God for what you see you lack.

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9 Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will grant you his blessing.

“If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.”

If you cannot yet do this, admit the truth that you cannot and ask God for what you see you lack.

Being honest with our selves can be a humbling experience. Thank you for mentioning these scriptures, and love seeing you around to share. Been trying to put more study time in the Bible and I’ve seen some great scriptures dealing with seeking God.

I’ll share them here in case any passerby’s see this post, friend.

“But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul. When you are in distress and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days you will return to the Lord your God and listen to His voice.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:29-30‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭105:4‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Sow with a view to righteousness, Reap in accordance with kindness; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the Lord Until He comes to rain righteousness on you.” (Jesus is our righteousness)
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭10:12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

““So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭11:9-10‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:27‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

@Nancy I see you there it has been a little while since we have talked down hope you and your family are doing well my dear sister.

Reactions: Nancy