Face book

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Because I Love You

I want to tell all my face book friends that God is real and so are Heaven and Hell.

The bible says that if you admit to God that you are a sinner who has done wrong and believe that Jesus is God’s son who came to earth to die for your sins so you could be forgiven and go to Heaven and believe that Jesus was buried and rose from the dead the third day, you will go to heaven when you are judged after you die.

How is that for a long sentence?

If I believe that, what kind of a friend would I be if I didn’t tell you how to go to Heaven instead of the lake of burning lava in the center of the earth we call Hell?
I do really care about you all!

PS. You may copy this and send it to the others you care about.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Eric E Stahl said:
Because I Love You

I want to tell all my face book friends that God is real and so are Heaven and Hell.

The bible says that if you admit to God that you are a sinner who has done wrong and believe that Jesus is God’s son who came to earth to die for your sins so you could be forgiven and go to Heaven and believe that Jesus was buried and rose from the dead the third day, you will go to heaven when you are judged after you die.

How is that for a long sentence?

If I believe that, what kind of a friend would I be if I didn’t tell you how to go to Heaven instead of the lake of burning lava in the center of the earth we call Hell?
I do really care about you all!

PS. You may copy this and send it to the others you care about.
The first thing I would edit is the part that says we are judged after we die. It needs to be clarified. There are two judgments; the judgment seat of Christ, and the Great White Throne judgement seat. The first is not for the purpose of determining one's eternal destiny. Those who come before Jesus in that judgment, have everlasting life. The rest are judged after the 1000 year reign of Christ. It is this latter judgement that Jesus was speaking of in John 5:24, where He promised that believers would not come under judgement but have passed from death to life. The key to life is not in survivng God's judgment but rather being exempt from it through faith.
By the way, there is more than one word in scripture that are translated as hell in English. This is unfortunate because it does not obviously clarify that the first one is Hades and is temporary. The second, also allegorically mentioned as Gehenna, is the Lake of Fire, and does not come into play until the time of the Great White Trone judgment. The first (Hades) is a holding cell as it were, where the residents have time to reflect on what their fate is and what it might have been. There will be (and is) weeping and gnashing of teeth. The second is where death and Hades are thrown and is meant to destroy both body and soul (Math.10:28).

The common teaching is that mankind will live forever in this second envoirnment. However, Jesus designated living forever for only those humans who partake of Him (John 6:50,51, John 3:16, John 5:24, etc.) That second place was originally created for the devil and his angels. Their fate is what it is. But Adam and Eve, and thus all their descendants, were seperated from the tree of life so that they could not partake of it and live forever as a result (Gen.3:22). When did God change His mind about that?

Has anyone ever noticed that warning unbelievers to believe or else face everlasting torment meets with very limited success? Its time we collectively changed our message to more accurately reflect God's heart in the matter. John 17:3 describes eternal life as having a relationship with the Father and Son. Why aren't we rather telling the world that God wants to be reconclied with them so that they can know Him, He can know them, and they can do so forever?

When a man courts a woman does he spend his time convincing her of all the negative consequences of her not responding to him? Or does he rather spend time winning her over with all the positive reasons why she might want to be with him? just saying....

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
williemac said:
The first thing I would edit is the part that says we are judged after we die. It needs to be clarified. There are two judgments; the judgment seat of Christ, and the Great White Throne judgement seat. The first is not for the purpose of determining one's eternal destiny. Those who come before Jesus in that judgment, have everlasting life. The rest are judged after the 1000 year reign of Christ. It is this latter judgement that Jesus was speaking of in John 5:24, where He promised that believers would not come under judgement but have passed from death to life. The key to life is not in survivng God's judgment but rather being exempt from it through faith.
By the way, there is more than one word in scripture that are translated as hell in English. This is unfortunate because it does not obviously clarify that the first one is Hades and is temporary. The second, also allegorically mentioned as Gehenna, is the Lake of Fire, and does not come into play until the time of the Great White Trone judgment. The first (Hades) is a holding cell as it were, where the residents have time to reflect on what their fate is and what it might have been. There will be (and is) weeping and gnashing of teeth. The second is where death and Hades are thrown and is meant to destroy both body and soul (Math.10:28).

The common teaching is that mankind will live forever in this second envoirnment. However, Jesus designated living forever for only those humans who partake of Him (John 6:50,51, John 3:16, John 5:24, etc.) That second place was originally created for the devil and his angels. Their fate is what it is. But Adam and Eve, and thus all their descendants, were seperated from the tree of life so that they could not partake of it and live forever as a result (Gen.3:22). When did God change His mind about that?

Has anyone ever noticed that warning unbelievers to believe or else face everlasting torment meets with very limited success? Its time we collectively changed our message to more accurately reflect God's heart in the matter. John 17:3 describes eternal life as having a relationship with the Father and Son. Why aren't we rather telling the world that God wants to be reconclied with them so that they can know Him, He can know them, and they can do so forever?

When a man courts a woman does he spend his time convincing her of all the negative consequences of her not responding to him? Or does he rather spend time winning her over with all the positive reasons why she might want to be with him? just saying....
Jude 1:21-23
21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.