Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God bless you, dear brother. I'm sorry for your loss. (I understand, as I am still grieving my son's homegoing 2 and a half years ago. He was 17 and he had a faith in Jesus that was unshakeable.)

Oh, dear sister, dear sister...
I know what you are going through and the loss of a dearly loved one is as if a part of you is snatch out of you and the grieving..at the moment I'm going through the motions and the still, small voice is strangely silent.

Matthew 5:1-3
Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them. He said: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

1 Corinthians 15:42-44
So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; and it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Romans 14:8
If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

Revelation 21:4
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
Psalm 34:18

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

John 14:1
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14
Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Yours in Christ Jesus, our great God and Savior, our Mashiach, interceding in our stead, see our tears, the longing and yearning of our hearts...God bless you dearly beloved.
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ah, dear Amadeus, the saint must walk alone for me this is true, but I do realize fellowship is Imperative for most.
J
@Johann I was making the point also that for a young person growing up in a hostile, Godless world, to have a Bible verse tattooed can be both a witness but also a reproach. So when a young believer has it done, it may take a whole lot of conviction.

Kind of, an expression of willingness to walk alone.

Yes, fellowship is important.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Back a bit
they refused to baptize my grandmother for wearing earrings. .... odd ideas.
@LadyofFireandLace Yes, very odd.... I guess with the group you were with, tattoos were a no no as well...

These days boys and men often wear earrings, too. I reckon the group you mentioned would given them a hard time for that also...

Where my wife and I go, probably a majority of young men / boys have worn earrings. (Don't be surprised if your son one day considers it...)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, dear Amadeus, the saint must walk alone for me this is true, but I do realize fellowship is Imperative for most.
J
The Body of Christ is and must be more than one person, but each one may need to go through some things in order be prepared and to get there and able to take his proper place. What does it take to become a functioning part of the Body of Christ?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Now my skin is two thin to get a scripture tat, which I wouldn't mind. Probably 1 John 3:23-24. And I don't mind shots and needles. I kinda like it.:cool:
@1stCenturyLady You might want to get a second or third opinion from other tattoo artists to see whether what you would really like is feasible. Sometimes opinions are not exactly the same, according to the level of skill and knowledge of each tattoo artist.

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I personally have no problem with God fearing, born from above tattoed believers living a Godly, unselfish style of life.
@Johann A lot of ppl in the Bible Belt in the US have tattoos.

(I saw a quote which seemed to show just how widespread it is among ppl in churches in the Bible Belt.)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Johann A lot of ppl in the Bible Belt in the US have tattoos.

(I saw a quote which seemed to show just how widespread it is among ppl in churches in the Bible Belt.)

I believe there is a massive global apostasy happening and I, personally, have never "inked" myself after coming to a saving relationship with our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, sealed with the Holy Spirit.
J.

Reactions: Brakelite

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe there is a massive global apostasy happening and I, personally, have never "inked" myself after coming to a saving relationship with our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, sealed with the Holy Spirit.
J.
Thanks, @Johann

Well, it's very widespread, anyway:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Body of Christ is and must be more than one person, but each one may need to go through some things in order be prepared and to get there and able to take his proper place. What does it take to become a functioning part of the Body of Christ?

I said, amadeus, I must walk alone, always going against the stream, not WITH..
J.

Reactions: amadeus

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thanks, @Johann

Well, it's very widespread, anyway:

QueenCat said:

forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

@Johann I was making the point also that for a young person growing up in a hostile, Godless world, to have a Bible verse tattooed can be both a witness but also a reproach. So when a young believer has it done, it may take a whole lot of conviction.

Kind of, an expression of willingness to walk alone.

Yes, fellowship is important.

@farouk, not a willingness on my part to walk alone, for I am not truly alone.
J.

Reactions: farouk

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d So do you think it would help if more Christians worked in tattoo parlors? :)

I don't know bc I don't know that many tattoo artist.
Tattooist and cake decorators produce some of the most gifted art I've ever seen.

It matters not about tats for this mortal flesh will decay. I will say this though, God can and will use or talents if we give them to Him.

My son who has been passed for 8 yrs used his tattoos to witness about his life. The sins and the victories!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't know bc I don't know that many tattoo artist.
Tattooist and cake decorators produce some of the most gifted art I've ever seen.

It matters not about tats for this mortal flesh will decay. I will say this though, God can and will use or talents if we give them to Him.

My son who has been passed for 8 yrs used his tattoos to witness about his life. The sins and the victories!
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Sorry indeed for your loss.

So you appreciated your son's tattoos, did you? were some of them faith based in design?