Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes all I gotta do is set up an appointment with someone at this point. Would like a cross openly expressed on my hand, as it will be a sure fire way of being noticed. He is the one we live for, and he is the one whom died for us, the cross is where we go to die to ourselves, being then buried with Christ and raised in Christ to new spiritual life. That is where the journey of a Christian begins.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes all I gotta do is set up an appointment with someone at this point. Would like a cross openly expressed on my hand, as it will be a sure fire way of being noticed. He is the one we live for, and he is the one whom died for us, the cross is where we go to die to ourselves, being then buried with Christ and raised in Christ to new spiritual life. That is where the journey of a Christian begins.
@MatthewG Sounds like in your case you would likely be really keen to use it as a conversation starter....

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG Sounds like in your case you would likely be really keen to use it as a conversation starter....

A purpose is a good thing to think about before getting a tattoo done, though many just like tattoos and get whatever they personally like.

I have two skulls on my right shoulder done by a friend, a sonic the hedgehog on my shoulder blade, I have a tri-force (wisdom, power, courage) from a video game I use to play under my left wrist and also have a semi-done terrible tattoo under my right wrist which was I was getting during a time I hated God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
A purpose is a good thing to think about before getting a tattoo done, though many just like tattoos and get whatever they personally like.

I have two skulls on my right shoulder done by a friend, a sonic the hedgehog on my shoulder blade, I have a tri-force (wisdom, power, courage) from a video game I use to play under my left wrist and also have a semi-done terrible tattoo under my right wrist which was I was getting during a time I hated God.
@MatthewG It certainly seems like you really appreciate the medium of ink and are really looking forward to using it to express testimony.

Your friend that did a video that you posted seems also strongly to favor tattoos as really effective means of expressing truths that are on his heart, for others to learn about.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Sorry indeed for your loss.

So you appreciated your son's tattoos, did you? were some of them faith based in design?

Yes he had a huge cross up his inner arm passed his elbow to cover the scars from drug use. He had scripture quotes ,his children's names and some dreamcatchers and indian faces. He loved the native Americans.

My nephew has two full sleeves and they are very colorful but I'm not sure what his are.

Thank you!

Reactions: MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes he had a huge cross up his inner arm passed his elbow to cover the scars from drug use. He had scripture quotes ,his children's names and some dreamcatchers and indian faces. He loved the native Americans.

My nephew has two full sleeves and they are very colorful but I'm not sure what his are.

Thank you!
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Well, I expect after your son's conversion you were really thrilled to see him get Scripture tattoos.

Seems like you really enjoy seeing faith based tattoo artwork.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure, that is why I mentioned, Re-inking.
Have to admit, if a person is going to get a tat with writing, best to check that the tat artist can spell....

Ie; No Regerts. LOL
@Taken One of the Las Vegas tattoo parlors specializes in calligraphy. Important for the man or woman with tattoo artist skills to be well educated in good spelling; it's all part of it.

Especially for Bible verse quotes, right?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken One of the Las Vegas tattoo parlors specializes in calligraphy. Important for the man or woman with tattoo artist skills to be well educated in good spelling; it's all part of it.

Especially for Bible verse quotes, right?

Freewill, prevails. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Freewill, prevails. :)

@Taken Well, anyway, it seems like in the Bible Belt now parlors are part of the scene for the expected service that they supply.

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

I thought the quote was interesting, anyway.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Well, anyway, it seems like in the Bible Belt now parlors are part of the scene for the expected service that they supply.

QueenCat said:

forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

I thought the quote was interesting, anyway.

Sure. Nothing new. Particularly People are comfortable “mimicking”, the “Famed”. (Big influence) Hollywood. If “they do whatever”, and no one is frowning, then it’s broadly okay to mimic.

Reactions: Johann

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure. Nothing new. Particularly People are comfortable “mimicking”, the “Famed”. (Big influence) Hollywood. If “they do whatever”, and no one is frowning, then it’s broadly okay to mimic.
@Taken I was just thinking; you mentioned on the other thread that for some ppl in these virus and vaccination times it might even be healthy to be a smoker because of some of its beneficial properties, with regard to the Jab.

I wonder if evidence might similarly emerge that actually getting tattooed might also prove to be healthy in some circumstances for certain ppl? (Stranger things have happened, right?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Johann

Well, as Nancy said:

tattoos ... everyone and their grandmothers has them now and, they do not a thing for me, what can I say? Pretty much every one I know, and that includes Christians and myself, have a tattoo so...I am not criticizing anybody here or anywhere...

They can look quite wholesome and gracious, anyway:

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg
tattoo hyphen awe dot blogspot dot com

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Johann

Well, as Nancy said:

Look @farouk, I don't know where you going with this, if the world wants to pattern themselves after the course of this world of which the saints have nothing to do with since we are Pilgrims passing through with a message, the Message of Christ Jesus, Him crucified, Him resurrected...

Eph 2:2 In which you amol (formerly) fier zich (comported oneself), according to the course of the Olam Hazeh, according to the Sar of the authority of the air [the Samekh Mem, Hasatan, teivel, the devil], the ruach now working in the bnei haMeri (sons of Rebellion).
Eph 2:3 Among them we too all formerly conducted ourselves in the ta'avot of our basar, following the lusts of the flesh and of the machshavot (thoughts), and we were by nature Bnei Rogez (Sons of Anger) of Hashem, as also the rest.
OJB

Eph 2:2 In which you previously walked according to the worldly course of this world, and according to the will of the supreme ruler of the air, the spirit which is active in the children of disobedience.
Eph 2:3 In those very deeds in which we were also corrupted from the very beginning through the lusts of the flesh, fulfilling the wills of the flesh and of the mind: thereby we became completely the children of wrath, even as others.

..let them "ink" themselves till they become blue, no problem with me.
J.

They can look quite wholesome and gracious, anyway:

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg
tattoo hyphen awe dot blogspot dot com

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken I was just thinking; you mentioned on the other thread that for some ppl in these virus and vaccination times it might even be healthy to be a smoker because of some of its beneficial properties, with regard to the Jab.

I wonder if evidence might similarly emerge that actually getting tattooed might also prove to be healthy in some circumstances for certain ppl? (Stranger things have happened, right?)

I doubt it. Not to my knowledge has INK ever been a natural internal substance in the body, or adding INK to the body a chemical compound benefit to the body.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God bless you, dear brother. I'm sorry for your loss. (I understand, as I am still grieving my son's homegoing 2 and a half years ago. He was 17 and he had a faith in Jesus that was unshakeable.)
@TLHKAJ Those events if only 2 ½ years ago must be still extremely fresh in your mind. 2 Corinthians 1.3-5.

If he was only 17 (how young), he probably wasn't old enough for a tattoo in any case (at least, in some states).

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Those events if only 2 ½ years ago must be still extremely fresh in your mind. 2 Corinthians 1.3-5.

If he was only 17 (how young), he probably wasn't old enough for a tattoo in any case (at least, in some states).
My sons have never expressed a desire for a tattoo. In fact, they both have expressed that they didn't intend on getting one.

I'd rather leave my son Matthew out of the "tattoo" discussion. His faith was evident in everything he did throughout his ordeal. He truly let his light so shine before men that it pointed to our heavenly Father. He didn't need a tattoo, or a shirt ....just simple faith in Christ which blossomed and spilled over into a selfless love.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
His faith was evident in everything he did throughout his ordeal. He truly let his light so shine before men that it pointed to our heavenly Father. He didn't need a tattoo, or a shirt ....just simple faith in Christ.
@TLHKAJ Wonderful he left that faith testimony of precious memories.