Faith Renewing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Claire

Jan 10, 2008
Hi. This is Claire in Ontario. Nice to meet you all. I hope I can do this intro properly. I've been sick with multiple mental illnesses for about 8 years now and it's not going well now but I will "Praise You in the storm." (from the Christian pop artists Casting Crowns).I'm 32 and I live in Toronto with my brother. I have recently had to leave my business (dog grooming) due to illness and am now living on generosity until I can get a disability cheque. God is merciful and has surrounded me with wonderful people who all have their own ways of helping me in this difficult journey.Bless you. Thank you to anyone who reads this.Claire

K9Claire

Jan 10, 2008
The title of my post refers to the fact that I have only come back to Christianity in the past 6 months. My life made me believe God wasn't with me but I know now I was wrong and He has welcomed me back without the slightest grudge.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(K9Claire;30747)
Hi. This is Claire in Ontario. Nice to meet you all. I hope I can do this intro properly. I've been sick with multiple mental illnesses for about 8 years now and it's not going well now but I will "Praise You in the storm." (from the Christian pop artists Casting Crowns).I'm 32 and I live in Toronto with my brother. I have recently had to leave my business (dog grooming) due to illness and am now living on generosity until I can get a disability cheque. God is merciful and has surrounded me with wonderful people who all have their own ways of helping me in this difficult journey.Bless you. Thank you to anyone who reads this.Claire
Hi Claire,Thank you for sharing with us, and great to meet you.:angel4:The rising of mental illness has been rising over the years so I know here there will be many who like yourself have suffered depression in one form or another.Some frightened of admitting it in case people see the illness as in someway affecting their ability to know the truth. I will pray for you and I would like to assure you that though you have been going through this illness. God may have allowed it, but he did not send it.And just like Job when the time is right he will lead you out of it.I am sure of this because God is faithful and he will not let you be tested beyond you ability to bear. When you have come through this you will be stronger in your faith and more able to cope with the work he has for you.Love Faithful. Psalm 103:1-4.1.Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2.Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3.Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4.Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; In your faith you have received forgiveness of sins because you believe God has forgiven your iniquities(sins) and he is the same Lord who says " I heal all your diseases." So have faith Gods is not liar. You can trust him.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Welcome to Christianity Board K9Claire. Hope thou enjoy thy stay here and learn much of the Word with love, joy, peace, etc.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Hello K9Claire, I am glad that you have come back to God, I pray that you will have a wonderful life with our wonderful God. I am sorry to hear about the mental illnesses that you are going through. The good news is, you can be free from them. Read Matthew 8: 2--17, It is all about healing, and v 17 says, "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying, Jesus took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.also 1 Peter 2:24, says,"By thes tripes of Jesus, we were healed" note, "Were" is past tense. just as we believe that Jesus took our sins, we can also believe that He took our sicknesses.In Matthew 8: 2--3, A leper said to Jesus, "I know that you have the power to heal, but I want to know, are you willing?". Jesus said, "I WILL" I like what one Bible says about this account in mark 1: 40--42, "Jesus felt sorry for him and said, I want to"Jesus wants everyone healed. One of the greatest reavelations I ever got was, God is not a resecter of people. "About 11 times the Bible says that. That means, What He has done for one, He will do for all. if we believe. A lot of Christians are still waiting for God to come and heal them, God is waiting for us to receive our healing,Salvation is a gift, the Holy Ghost is a gift and healing is a gift, all these have already been given, take the Holy Ghost is anstance, In Acts 1:4, Jesus said the Holy Ghost is a promise, and people today are still waiting for Jesus to fulfill that promise, so they have waiting meeting, where they wait -&-wait-to be filled with the Holy Ghost, But on the day of Pentecost, The Holy Ghost was given, Now Peter says, in Acts 2:38, "You will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" It is no more a promise, it is a gift that has been given, just like salvation, and healing is the same princible. But gifts have to be received by faith.I pray that you will receive this in the way it was given [Out of a love to see you, and all people healed]