Family Member Be Saved /Finances

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my parents claimed to give up having a relationship with me because I don't believe in a lot of conspiracies/delusions on their side.

I can't tell if they are developing dementia or it's spiritual warfare, but they also said a bunch of things I never said about them because they feel that I feel that way.

Also I'm out $150 bucks, because I had a falling out with that person's enabling friend who talked to my man the wrong way, which means they talked to me the wrong way, and now I decided I don't want to finish buying their car but I also won't ask for the money back, because associating myself with this is unhealthy and I feel like I just need to leave it up to God.

I'm not in the hole over it. It is just a nuisance.

I'm just asking that God will get rid of this cult thing discernment, for the parent to actually eat healthy real meals and sleep well, and I'll trust him with the rest.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my parents claimed to give up having a relationship with me because I don't believe in a lot of conspiracies/delusions on their side.

I can't tell if they are developing dementia or it's spiritual warfare, but they also said a bunch of things I never said about them because they feel that I feel that way.

Also I'm out $150 bucks, because I had a falling out with that person's enabling friend who talked to my man the wrong way, which means they talked to me the wrong way, and now I decided I don't want to finish buying their car but I also won't ask for the money back, because associating myself with this is unhealthy and I feel like I just need to leave it up to God.

I'm just asking that God will get rid of this cult thing discernment, for the parent to actually eat healthy real meals and sleep well, and I'll trust him with the rest.
I should probably say that conspiracy theory addiction can be caused from harsh judgments and hatred. I'm not sure it's related to dementia. I read that dementia can cause hallucinations which could induce paranoia that can lead to conspiracy ideas.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you both!

I should probably say that conspiracy theory addiction can be caused from harsh judgments and hatred. I'm not sure it's related to dementia. I read that dementia can cause hallucinations which could induce paranoia that can lead to conspiracy ideas.
This family member in particular has been using escapism as a way to deal with life by continuous false hope.

There is a group calling themselves "watchmen" on YouTube, predicting the rapture on a monthly basis and prophesying things like three days of darkness around the world and a literal zombie apocalypse that never happened.

And as this person has had shared dreams before the people even say it and really really wants Jesus to come back soon so we can "get out of here." I'm not supportive of their "calling in life".

so there is that

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you both!

This family member in particular has been using escapism as a way to deal with life by continuous false hope.

There is a group calling themselves "watchmen" on YouTube, predicting the rapture on a monthly basis and prophesying things like three days of darkness around the world and a literal zombie apocalypse that never happened.

And as this person has had shared dreams before the people even say it and really really wants Jesus to come back soon so we can "get out of here." I'm not supportive of their "calling in life".

so there is that
Yes I've seen some of the watchmen stuff. Really out there some of it, I think some of it is closer to the truth, but still off course. Sorry to hear this. I know some people that follow the same course. I think all you can do is pray for them as they tend not to listen to discussion.

Reactions: Lambano

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has this person been involved in cults before?
Honestly, probably a few, and they didn't realize it.

It's not that they're intending to do that, but they really rely on a lot of dramatism and theatrics, and are very gullible. Like 1970s cult hippie dramatic.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I could pray as you have requested, but I would pray, as you can also, that God will draw your parent into His loving Embrace and will reveal what His actual purposes are for their life. That they will know God's peace in their life and become saturated in the truth of God's word, and that the relationship with your parent can be restored. And then, when I remember them, I can thank God that he has heard my prayer and is working on it.

I know that you know that this is a powerful style of praying for others. Leave it up to God as to what will happen. He is far greater than you or I and will provide the right solution for all concerned.

Shalom

PS: - I would also pray that you will have it in your heart to forgive your parent and will become the restorer of their soul unto the Lord.