Favorite Quotes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 1, 2008
You can post here your favorite quotes... Mine is in my signature.
biggrin.gif

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Oh man I love looking up quotes!! Here are a few of my favorites: "Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car.”--Laurence J. Peter"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis"Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not." --C.S. Lewis"We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program. We were even told, ''Blessed are they that mourn.''” --C.S. Lewis"God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain” --C.S. Lewis"I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I am afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare.” --C.S. Lewis"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world” --C.S. Lewis"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.”--C.S. Lewis"The safest road to hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." ~C.S. Lewis "In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life, IT GOES ON" ~ Robert Frost"This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people." ~C.S. Lewis"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." ~C.S. Lewis "Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." ~Frank Leahy"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it." ~C.S. Lewis"I choose gentleness...Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself." ~ Max Lucado"There are three kinds of people: those who have sought God and found him, and these are reasonable and happy; those who seek God and have not yet found him, and these are reasonable and unhappy; and those who neither seek God nor find him, and these are unreasonable and unhappy." ~Blaise Pascal"I am one of those who would rather sink with faith than swim without it." ~ Stanley Baldwin ...obviously I enjoy reading C.S. Lewis haha

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Lets seeWe'll go with my signature" If you have nothing to die for, what could you live for"- Martin Luther King JR." If Jesus walked too a church today, he wouldn't be let in. His blood might stain the carpet floor."- Todd Agnew " My Jesus"" We are a beautiful letdown, painfully uncool, the church of the losers, the dropout, the failures and the fools."- Switch foot, Beautiful letdown" O lord grant me chastity, but not yet, for a fire is burning inside me, and I do not want it put out" - Saint Augustine in "confessions" ( Doesn't that put our struggles perfectly)I know God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.- Mother Theresa_ Millions of people hate the catholic church for what they think it it, only about ten hate it for what it really is"-The local CardinalReligion is like holding on to a rock in the middle of a raging river; faith is learning how to swim.- unknownChristianity has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left untried.- Forgot who, somebody in the 1800sEven a band of angels can turn ugly and start looting if enough angels are unemployed and hanging around the Pearly Gates convinced that all the succubi own all the liquor stores in Heaven.- PJ O. RoukeThere are a lot of people that don't believe in God but these same people don't believe that they are stupid either.- unknownA baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.- Carl Sandbergand last but not least- Drop your nets and become fishers of men- Jesus Christ

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Found anotheryour lives are the only Bible some people will ever read.-follower of Christ, in the post " Our impact."

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Letsgofishing;48404)
Found another your lives are the only Bible some people will ever read.-follower of Christ, in the post " Our impact."
Oh snap! Somebody liked my topic!!

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
Here are some cool one'sBuddha never claimed to be God. Moses never claimed to be Jehovah. Mohammed never claimed to be Allah. Yet Jesus Christ claimed to be the true and living God. Buddha simply said, "I am a teacher in search of the truth." Jesus said, "I am the Truth." Confucius said, "I never claimed to be holy." Jesus said, "Who convicts me of sin?" Mohammed said, "Unless God throws his cloak of mercy over me, I have no hope." Jesus said, "Unless you believe in me, you will die in your sins." --UnknownFundamentally, our Lord's message was Himself. He did not come merely to preach a Gospel; He himself is that Gospel. He did not come merely to give bread; He said, "I am the bread." He did not come merely to shed light; He said, "I am the light." He did not come merely to show the door; He said, "I am the door." He did not come merely to name a shepherd; He said, "I am the shepherd." He did not come merely to point the way; He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." --J. Sidlow BaxterI know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. –NapoleonA man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act. --Mahatma GandhiSocrates taught for 40 years, Plato for 50, Aristotle for 40, and Jesus for only 3. Yet the influence of Christ's 3-year ministry infinitely transcends the impact left by the combined 130 years of teaching from these men who were among the greatest philosophers of all antiquity. –UnknownJesus is God spelling Himself out in language that men can understand. --S.D. GordonThe life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: "a virgin's womb and an empty tomb". Jesus entered our world through a door marked, "No Entrance" and left through a door marked "No Exit." --Peter LarsonIf I might comprehend Jesus Christ, I could not believe on Him. He would be no greater than myself. Such is my consciousness of sin and inability that I must have a superhuman Saviour. --Daniel WebsterEven Christ pleased not Himself. He was utterly consumed in the zeal of His Father’s house. As man He ever moved for God. As God He ever moved for man.--Geoffrey T. BullWhenever the method of worship becomes more important than the Person of worship, we have already prostituted our worship. There are entire congregations who worship praise and praise worship but who have not yet learned to praise and worship God in Jesus Christ. --Judson CornwallThe message of Christ is not Christianity. The message of Christ is Christ. --Gary AmiraultI have one passion. It is He, only He. --Count Zinzendorf