FELLOWSHIP HERE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's scary when you read what happened to lots of those that appeared in such things. The shows now are straight out of hell!

We watch old light hearted clean things and avoid the daily body count called news!

Stars in my crown with Joel McCrea as a preacher was a pretty good one. He said it was his favorite movie to make.

A very very strong Christian, Alvin C. York, WWI hero, wouldn't allow his story to be told unless they told it straight. The lightning bolt bit was contrived though. His real conversion came through the ministry help of his 16 year old bride to be.

For a very inspiring read Alvin's diary is available online. He kept it from the time he left home until he returned.

"The Diary of Alvin York" by Alvin C. York

Alvin is good faith hero.

Rare old Alvin York newsreel

B

brakelite

My 13 yo grand-daughter just wrote this today as a school project....

Christmas to me

Kissing under the mistletoe

Presents under the tree

Candy canes and ornaments

This is what the world’s “Christmasey”

Christmas to me

Is my family having fun

Playing cricket at a park

And relaxing in the sun

A nice huge dinner

And doing “Kris Kringle”

And singing a song

About bells that jingle

Listening to our playlist

That we’ve created through the year

Looking forward to this special day

Of knowing Christ came here

To be with us humans

He came down to earth

This pitiful planet

He created with words

Christmas to me

Is a reminder that,

After 2000 years

He’s still coming back

Even after his torture

And his cruel, gruesome death,

He’s coming to this world

And it’ll take away our breath

I don’t believe in this Christmas stuff

Like Santa and his sleigh

But I do believe that Jesus came,

Swooped in and saved the day.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My 13 yo grand-daughter just wrote this today as a school project....

Christmas to me

Kissing under the mistletoe

Presents under the tree

Candy canes and ornaments

This is what the world’s “Christmasey”

Christmas to me

Is my family having fun

Playing cricket at a park

And relaxing in the sun

A nice huge dinner

And doing “Kris Kringle”

And singing a song

About bells that jingle

Listening to our playlist

That we’ve created through the year

Looking forward to this special day

Of knowing Christ came here

To be with us humans

He came down to earth

This pitiful planet

He created with words

Christmas to me

Is a reminder that,

After 2000 years

He’s still coming back

Even after his torture

And his cruel, gruesome death,

He’s coming to this world

And it’ll take away our breath

I don’t believe in this Christmas stuff

Like Santa and his sleigh

But I do believe that Jesus came,

Swooped in and saved the day.

You have a very talented granddaughter! I really enjoyed her poem.

Reactions: Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's scary when you read what happened to lots of those that appeared in such things. The shows now are straight out of hell!

We watch old light hearted clean things and avoid the daily body count called news!

Stars in my crown with Joel McCrea as a preacher was a pretty good one. He said it was his favorite movie to make.

A very very strong Christian, Alvin C. York, WWI hero, wouldn't allow his story to be told unless they told it straight. The lightning bolt bit was contrived though. His real conversion came through the ministry help of his 16 year old bride to be.

For a very inspiring read Alvin's diary is available online. He kept it from the time he left home until he returned.

"The Diary of Alvin York" by Alvin C. York

Alvin is good faith hero.

Rare old Alvin York newsreel

Thanks for posting this. Sergeant York with Gary Cooper is one of my favorite movies!

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are brave, I don't even go to SafeWay on Boxing Day.
I haven't braved shopping that day for about 30 years now. :D
I'm with you, Helen! I don't go anywhere near shopping centers on Black Friday! I used to go to Walmart around 6 in the morning on that day, but online shopping is so much easier.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still believe in Santa, and I am 45 years old.

He was a 4th century saint who may have been an overcomer designated of the Ephesian church.

I believe that He gave to me and my wife a house (really it's from Jesus; but maybe Old St. Nick had something to do with it); and even though it isn't on 34th street, it appears to be a miracle to me!

re #103.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, does everyone box each other on Boxing Day, or what?

It an old English tradition...
(Very handy. One year Christmas day is with one set of parents and boxing day with the spouses parents ..alternately. ) boxing day is a re-run of the christmas meal. :)
Ever Wondered What Boxing Day is and Where it Gets its Name?

Quote = < Arguments come thick and fast as to why, and I hope, like me, you find the answers below interesting. But firstly, I must say, it has nothing to do with the sport of boxing.

The most straightforward answer would be that we are a little greedy here in the UK and Ireland in wanting a more extended holiday. It is not enough for us to have only Christmas Day celebrations, we have added to this another event called Boxing Day. But the answer is not that simple.

Boxing Day is a national Bank Holiday, a day to spend with family and friends and to eat up all the leftovers of Christmas Day. The origins of the day, however, are steeped in history and tradition.
......>

The rest of the story is in the link above :)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It an old English tradition...
(Very handy. One year Christmas day is with one set of parents and boxing day with the spouses parents ..alternately. ) boxing day is a re-run of the christmas meal. :)
Ever Wondered What Boxing Day is and Where it Gets its Name?

Quote = < Arguments come thick and fast as to why, and I hope, like me, you find the answers below interesting. But firstly, I must say, it has nothing to do with the sport of boxing.

The most straightforward answer would be that we are a little greedy here in the UK and Ireland in wanting a more extended holiday. It is not enough for us to have only Christmas Day celebrations, we have added to this another event called Boxing Day. But the answer is not that simple.

Boxing Day is a national Bank Holiday, a day to spend with family and friends and to eat up all the leftovers of Christmas Day. The origins of the day, however, are steeped in history and tradition.
......>

The rest of the story is in the link above :)
Thanks, Helen, very interesting. We Americans don't need a special day to gorge ourselves on leftovers from Christmas.:D

Will you be swimming in icy water or fox hunting on Boxing Day???

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@brakelite Great post. Love her poem...well done !! Hope that she keeps it up. ...and, save it in a folder.

My grandaughter used to write poems in an old exercise book when she was 12- 14. She didn't show anyone...but I would sneak peek at her book whenever I was there baby sitting etc.
They were lovely , and very talented. Some quite dark and sad.
She wrote one about being invisible...which was true, her elder sister was very dominant , strong will and extroverted...but the poems where from her heart .
She is now grown and married...I asked her is she kept all her poems safe somewhere...sadly she had not...she dumped them. :(

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks, Helen, very interesting. We Americans don't need a special day to gorge ourselves on leftovers from Christmas.:D

Will you be swimming in icy water or fox hunting on Boxing Day???

When we were still in England my hubby would help with the "riding to hounds"...I think it has been banned now. But hubby has loads of paintings on the walls of fox hunts ...and drinking the stirrup cup.. :)
The History of The Stirrup Cup

But as for us here...the most activity I will do on Christmas day is playing- "Murder In The Dark"
We always played it with all the cousins and uncles and aunts when we were kids...the bigger the crowed the more fun it is!! Haha!!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we were still in England my hubby would help with the "riding to hounds"...I think it has been banned now. But hubby has loads of paintings on the walls of fox hunts ...and drinking the stirrup cup.. :)
The History of The Stirrup Cup

But as for us here...the most activity I will do on Christmas day is playing- "Murder In The Dark"
We always played it with all the cousins and uncles and aunts when we were kids...the bigger the crowed the more fun it is!! Haha!!
How do you play it?

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How may I lift your heart? All I can think of is to tell you what God told me at times.

Never see yourself as separate from God. He is always with us no matter what our emotions say. When he said he would never leave, fail or abandon us he meant it. In the hardest of times he's there.

Nora Lam author of China cry was held captive by the red Chinese. She had prayed her unborn baby be born on free soil. She was nine months pregnant and made to work in a coal mine. Then she was ten months pregnant! She would sit alone in her cell and pretend she was holding the feet of Jesus. They came one night and drug her outside and tied her to a post after blindfolding her.

She heard gunfire then loud angry talk. They pulled her blindfold and asked why she was not dead. They said the tracers went over her and around her but not one bullet touched her. They deported her to the border at Hong Kong and her baby was born on free soil soon after.

Some of the most encouraging words ever were written from brother Paul's prison cell. Cold and austere stone prison where he sat awaiting Caesar's execution.

Brother Danny Ost, now with the Lord, was jailed more than once in Mexico for preaching the gospel. He laughed as he said he didn't feel very apostolic. He was a humble man and recounted many miracles he saw God perform.

I don't read Bible commentaries or teachings but do read testimonies of those that have been saved, helped, healed and delivered by the Lord.

We conversed with a couple one night at the store parking lot. We struck up a conversation on God's miracles and they said God had the dogs give them a baby shower. I said "what"?

They were expecting a child but had no money to buy things for the baby. It was very discouraging. One night they heard a big ruckus in the yard. A bunch of dogs were fighting. Going outside, the dogs scattered leaving several bags. Carrying them inside they found everything you could want for a newborn. Several outfits, diapers, lotions. Booties, blankets, powders and knick knacks. God had indeed sent the dogs to throw a baby shower.

Surely he can watch over us.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How may I lift your heart? All I can think of is to tell you what God told me at times.

Never see yourself as separate from God. He is always with us no matter what our emotions say. When he said he would never leave, fail or abandon us he meant it. In the hardest of times he's there.

Nora Lam author of China cry was held captive by the red Chinese. She had prayed her unborn baby be born on free soil. She was nine months pregnant and made to work in a coal mine. Then she was ten months pregnant! She would sit alone in her cell and pretend she was holding the feet of Jesus. They came one night and drug her outside and tied her to a post after blindfolding her.

She heard gunfire then loud angry talk. They pulled her blindfold and asked why she was not dead. They said the tracers went over her and around her but not one bullet touched her. They deported her to the border at Hong Kong and her baby was born on free soil soon after.

Some of the most encouraging words ever were written from brother Paul's prison cell. Cold and austere stone prison where he sat awaiting Caesar's execution.

Brother Danny Ost, now with the Lord, was jailed more than once in Mexico for preaching the gospel. He laughed as he said he didn't feel very apostolic. He was a humble man and recounted many miracles he saw God perform.

I don't read Bible commentaries or teachings but do read testimonies of those that have been saved, helped, healed and delivered by the Lord.

We conversed with a couple one night at the store parking lot. We struck up a conversation on God's miracles and they said God had the dogs give them a baby shower. I said "what"?

They were expecting a child but had no money to buy things for the baby. It was very discouraging. One night they heard a big ruckus in the yard. A bunch of dogs were fighting. Going outside, the dogs scattered leaving several bags. Carrying them inside they found everything you could want for a newborn. Several outfits, diapers, lotions. Booties, blankets, powders and knick knacks. God had indeed sent the dogs to throw a baby shower.

Surely he can watch over us.
Thanks for this, Frank Lee. I needed it. I have the movie China Cry. What an amazing testimony. Another Chinese Christian who has an amazing testimony is Brother Yun who wrote The Heavenly Man.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How do you play it?

You need as many cards as people.
You give each player a card. They look at their card secretly and put it back in the pack, face down.
If a player has drawn a King they know that they are the detective.
If a person has drawn the Joker they know that they are the murderer.

Everyone leaves the room, all lights are turn off in the house.
Then the "detective" slips back into the kitchen with the light on in there. He/she waits.
Everyone else Creeps around the house looking for a place to hide.
No talking.
Then the "murderer" creeps around the house looking for a victim.
(not easy to do if everyone has kept quiet.)
When they find someone the twist their right ear.
That is sometimes fun, because we sit hiding, with our hand over our right ear. :)
When someone/murderer finds us, it can sometimes be a bit of a struggle as they try hard to tweak our ear!
Once the ear is tweaked the 'victim' screams.
The detective runs out of the kitchen and flips on all the lights.
Everyone must stay where they are. ( the murderer ran and hid as soon as the scream was heard.)
Everyone goes into the living room, and the detective questions everyone. ( except the victim) Everyone must tell the truth about what they heard etc. ...except the murderer ...he/she is allowed to lie.
All the grandkids loved it. We used to love it as kids.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You give each player a card. They look at their card secretly and put it back in the pack, face down.

Then the "detective" slips back into the kitchen with the light on in there. He/she waits.
No talking.
That is sometimes fun, because we sit hiding, with our hand over our right ear. :)
When someone/murderer finds us, it can sometimes be a bit of a struggle as they try hard to tweak our ear!
Everyone must stay where they are. ( the murderer ran and hid as soon as the scream was heard.)
Everyone goes into the living room, and the detective questions everyone. ( except the victim) Everyone must tell the truth about what they heard etc. ...except the murderer ...he/she is allowed to lie.
LOL!!! That sounds like fun! My family used to play dark hide and seek.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

No talking.
Sounds like a bit like Cluedo...