Finding our life purpose through religion...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowChrist

Dec 21, 2007
Alot of times, we as humans are here on this earth wondering what our purpose is, like asking ourselves "why am I here?" At times, me personally, I feel selfish in seeking out God for what my subconscious may be telling me and sometimes I feel like it's for the desire to be totally happy etc. But that just really isn't it! After much contemplation and thought, I realise that the most important reason for seeking in the Lord/religion/faith is to find out what my true purpose for being on this earth really is! I know that I as a human am not the most intelligent, and I'm here for a reason! But for what? How did this wonderful creation come into play, or how did it get here? These are very important questions we want to know. I feel this is what drew me to seek out God/religion. I've come to the conclusion that it is to live life to love others, live virtuously, and finding meaning to what God wants for me/us(still wondering if it's the bible that holds 100% truth). What is your reason for seeking out religion or following Christianity?

ps77

Nov 3, 2007
I was brought up in it.I think people search for something to give themselves purpose.as long as they have purpose, they are generally happy.they also want answers. but no one can, for certain, answer the questions of our hearts.I mean, you can say that God can, but will he? Jesus is quoted in the bible as saying that there are things that the Father have not revealed to us, and he has not revealed to us, that we do not even know. I like the mystery of life.