Florida : says "NO" to Transgender Drugs & Surgery for TEENS.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody here is disputing the trinity. You are misunderstanding what you are reading.

Somebody send me a private message, and part of it read:
the Trinity deniers are crazy, and start too many fights, so the subject is banned. From a private individual, not management.
So I will go back to my original Site. I have thread there that has lasted 4.75 years, was running out of things to say, so maybe that is where GOD wants me. NO Trinity Deniers there, management bans them.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Trinity deniers are crazy, and start too many fights, so the subject is banned. From a private individual, not management.
So I will go back to my original Site. I have thread there that has lasted 4.75 years, was running out of things to say, so maybe that is where GOD wants me. NO Trinity Deniers there, management bans them.
What is that site? Message me if you can’t post it

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deu 22:5 - The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man,neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
I believe that Jim is suggesting that, while we can discern that LGBT lifestyles are displeasing to God, it is not our place to condemn (judge) them but, rather, to gently and lovingly share the truth with them while loving them as we're called to do.

Reactions: Nancy

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So if someone on the other site sends you a private message saying that God doesn't exist, are you going to leave that site too?

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See how Suspicions can led you down the wrong path.
No. You're wrong.
If you weren't angry you wouldn't scream in your post that I observed reflected your anger.

You also wouldn't deny you were angry once in reply, and then used the 'at all' to reiterate what, if true, was succinctly covered by simply saying at first, I'm not angry.

You'll learn eventually that on forums people understand you by what and how you post.
When you post in all caps. that's taken as yelling, screaming, those capitalized words.

Also, saying people should keep their trap shut , isn't polite vernacular. Which also indicates judgement and condescension.

I've nothing more to tell you.

Reactions: Keturah

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Deuteronomy 22:5 deals with the issue cross-dressing / transvestism (men dressing in women’s clothing and vice versa). In this passage God commands that a woman is not to wear that which pertains to a man and a man is not to wear that which pertains to a woman, for all that do so are an “abomination.” The Hebrew word translated “abomination” means "a disgusting thing, abominable, in the ritual sense (of unclean food, idols, mixed marriages), in the ethical sense of wickedness." Therefore, this is not simply God addressing the fact that a woman might put on a man’s garment or vice versa. Also, this is not a command that a woman should not wear pants/slacks as some use this passage to teach. The meaning here is that this “cross-dressing” and transvestism is done in order to deceive, or to present oneself as something that he/she is not. In other words, this speaks to a woman changing her dress and appearance so as to appear to be a man and a man changing his dress and appearance so as to appear to be a woman. This is the definition of cross-dressing or a transvestism.

We can also reason that the dynamic behind this is the leaving of what is natural and taking on that which is in God’s Word called unnatural (Romans 1:24-27). Paul tells the Corinthian church that the way a woman wears her hair is a reflection of God’s order, and therefore a woman who cuts her hair to appear as a man or a man who wears his hair long to appear as a woman brings shame to them (1 Corinthians 11:3-15). The issue here is the motive and attitude of the heart that is evidenced in the choice to rebel against God’s standard for obedience.

These are principles we can use to reason an application. Whatever the prevailing custom, men and women should wear gender-appropriate clothing, dressing decently and in order (1 Corinthians 14:40). To apply the principles, the Bible calls cross-dressing or transvestitism a choice that is a demonstration of unbelief and rebellion against God and His order.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you disapprove of DeSantis?
There is his attacks on voting rights
His attempt to make public protest illegal
His attacks on free speech
His attack on LGBT adults and kids
Intimidation tactics on bloggers who dare write negatively about him

To start

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notes from the NET. tn This term is sometimes rendered “effeminate,” although in contemporary English usage such a translation could be taken to refer to demeanor rather than behavior. BDAG 613 s.v. μαλακός 2 has “pert. to being passive in a same-sex relationship, effeminate esp. of catamites, of men and boys who are sodomized by other males in such a relationship.” L&N 88.281 states, “the passive male partner in homosexual intercourse – ‘homosexual.’ …As in Greek, a number of other languages also have entirely distinct terms for the active and passive roles in homosexual intercourse.” See also the discussion in G. D. Fee, First Corinthians (NICNT), 243-44. A number of modern translations have adopted the phrase “male prostitutes” for μαλακοί in 1 Cor 6:9 (NIV, NRSV, NLT) but this could be misunderstood by the modern reader to mean “males who sell their services to women,” while the term in question appears, at least in context, to relate to homosexual activity between males. Furthermore, it is far from certain that prostitution as commonly understood (the selling of sexual favors) is specified here, as opposed to a consensual relationship. Thus the translation “passive homosexual partners” has been used here.
the real problem with the translation is that the word malakos appears elsewhere in the bible but in those passages it is translated to refer to luxurious or decorated clothing.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deu 22:5 - The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man,neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
The irony is that Hebrew men and women of the era dresses almost identically

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the real problem with the translation is that the word malakos appears elsewhere in the bible but in those passages it is translated to refer to luxurious or decorated clothing.
You mean effeminate clothing?

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You're wrong.
If you weren't angry you wouldn't scream in your post that I observed reflected your anger.

You also wouldn't deny you were angry once in reply, and then used the 'at all' to reiterate what, if true, was succinctly covered by simply saying at first, I'm not angry.

You'll learn eventually that on forums people understand you by what and how you post.
When you post in all caps. that's taken as yelling, screaming, those capitalized words.

Also, saying people should keep their trap shut , isn't polite vernacular. Which also indicates judgement and condescension.

I've nothing more to tell you.

I use large type as it is hard for this 74 year old to read any other way. In High School you bold type for Emphasis only. I am aware that Face Book calls Bold Type, Screaming; but I have NEVER had a Face Book account in my life. AND I refuse to play by Face Book Rules, I only use what my High School Typing Teacher taught me. Class of 1967 had the best rules. Sorry for you all that bow down to Face Book Rules, it is only for emphasis only. Thank GOD I was born in 1949, Better rule to post BY. Now Colors I LIKE, and they don't mean anything, but for Emphasis TOO.

Now get this, I REFUSE TO PLAY BY FACE BOOK RULES, and as far as I am concerned, it is only part of Face Book Imagination. I will not bow down to Face Book ridiculous rules. NO ANGER MEANT WHEN I USE ALL CAPS TOO.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The irony is that Hebrew men and women of the era dresses almost identically

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean effeminate clothing?

See how Tinman likes these verses:

1 Timothy 2:9-11 (ASV)
9 In like manner, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefastness and sobriety; not with braided hair, and gold or pearls or costly raiment;
10 but (which becometh women professing godliness) through good works.
11 Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection.