Florida : says "NO" to Transgender Drugs & Surgery for TEENS.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were the men that wrote these translations divinely led to do so and, if so, why the discrepancy and which verse is correct, if any?

Mathew 25:46 ESV
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mathew 25:46 YLT
And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during

I believe they were, they prayed the would be lead by the Holy Spirit.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See if you understand this the way I do:

James 2:8-11 (ISV)
8 Nevertheless, you are doing the right thing if you obey the royal law in keeping with the Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself."
9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and will be convicted by the Law as violators.
10 For whoever keeps the whole Law but fails in one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
11 For the one who said, "Never commit adultery," also said, "Never murder." If you do not commit adultery but you murder, you become a violator of the Law.

That is why I said: I am as bad and so are you as bad as the worst Mass-Murderer on Death Row, IN GOD's OPINION.

See what I mean we are all guilty of violating the whole law, in GOD's Opinion ? ? ?
Thank God for the New Covenant!

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have to go permananty. In the USA and South Africa the subject of the Holy Trinity, is a Fair and Encouraged subject.

You are on your own, here.
So which translation is correct?
Lots of them, but I have my favorites, and HCSB it at the top of the list. NASB, ESV, NKJV, ASV, ISV, NIV, NCV, NJB, NRSV, GW, YLT, and the KJV but it is Paraphrased Version, so I don't use it much, (Look up the ORIGINAL 1611 PREFACE. They updated it and left of the original translation teams on it was a Parphase.) And a lot more are good BIBLES, only I am not familiar with them. It is not the Print on the Page that makes it GOD's WORD, it what it MEANS BY WHAT IT SAYS. The English Language has CHANGED SO MUCH, it became necessary to update the language over, and over again. Remember that the word gay used to mean only happy.

Got to go, back to where Holy Trinity is a welcome discussion.

I cannot be a part of a discussion Group, where the Trinity is a normal and fair subject. Bye, it has been fun.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you disapprove of DeSantis?
Actually I do approve of him. Very much indeed!

I see the cartoon as the Gov. dealing with the nuts and creeps at Disney. You don't see the cartoon that way I guess...I see the sign Disney villains' as a mirror. To the ones on the right they see DeSantis as the villain of Disney, and to DeSantis he sees them as the real villains and the freak show...and I thought it might add to the Gov's attitude and new laws he has enacted against these freaks of nature in the State of Florida.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I do approve of him. Very much indeed!

I see the cartoon as the Gov. dealing with the nuts and creeps at Disney. You don't see the cartoon that way I guess...I see the sign Disney villains' as a mirror. To the ones on the right they see DeSantis as the villain of Disney, and to DeSantis he sees them as the real villains and the freak show...and I thought it might add to the Gov's attitude and new laws he has enacted against these freaks of nature in the State of Florida.

Ok I see. Thanks.

Reactions: Gandalf-

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you DEFINE BORN AGAIN? ? ?

I know HE, the Holy Spirit, has immersed me into the Spiritual Body of Jesus Christ. I KNOW Jesus Christ is in me, and I am in HIM. No Pride, No Brag, No Pompous, just the simple facts, and I know I DO NOT DESERVE IT. I know the difference between my Thoughts, and HIS THOUGHTS. I experienced the battle between my mind, and the mind of my Heart, that CHRIST CONTROLS. It was a war at first for my two minds, who would control Me. But as I got into the word, It strengthened the Spiritual Me. It started to become easier and easier as I matured Spiritually, for the mind of my HEART to dominate.

You sounds to me, that you have never been BORN AGAIN ? ? ?

You will have mourn and weep over your utter Sinfulness. NOT A FAKE Experience from your flesh, your heart has to seriously MOURN; and it is not a WORK, it is the HOLY SPIRIT as HE comes into your heart. Ask Him to come into your heart to rule, and you need to make up your mind to surrender willing TO HIM. Not even 85% and 15% for self will do, HE WANTS ALL OF YOU, to craw into that Big Collections Plate. Give all of yourself to HIM, never wanting to take it back. Then you will understand me.
How do I define "born again"? It's not complicated. It means one is born a second time. I was born again -- born a second time -- in 1977. I don't crow about it as you do, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

"You will have mourn and weep over your utter Sinfulness" is meaningless (and poor English). And I don't need your patronizing judgement (nor does anyone). If your judgement of me was valid, I might pay attention, but you are so wrong! Try reading the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector in Luke 18!

Take your self-righteous preaching elsewhere!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The English language is a Weak Language to translate the Bible into it.

James 4:11 (NASB)
11 Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it.

James 4:11 (ESV)
11 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.

James 4:11 (NJB)
11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who slanders a brother, or condemns one, is speaking against the Law and condemning the Law. But if you condemn the Law, you have ceased to be subject to it and become a judge over it.

It carries with it, all of those meaning, so it is helpful to have several difference bibles open.
YOU are quoting this? LOL!!! Read your own judgmental post #72!

It is helpful to use several translations -- if you understand what they say. Clearly you do not!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting back to the OP subject -- which is not DeSantis -- why are so many people, including Christians, jumping on the bandwagon of hatred against transgenderism, LGBTQs, etc? Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and said nothing about transgenderism. Hatred of others is contrary to the clear teaching of both covenants.

Reactions: Patrick1966

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NRSVue Bible, an excellent recent translation, has footnotes for both "effeminate" and "homosexuals" that say "meaning of Greek uncertain". The same is true for the NET Bible. So God calling these people "transgender" is a figment of your imagination. And worse, claiming that God claims this is heresy.
Notes from the NET. tn This term is sometimes rendered “effeminate,” although in contemporary English usage such a translation could be taken to refer to demeanor rather than behavior. BDAG 613 s.v. μαλακός 2 has “pert. to being passive in a same-sex relationship, effeminate esp. of catamites, of men and boys who are sodomized by other males in such a relationship.” L&N 88.281 states, “the passive male partner in homosexual intercourse – ‘homosexual.’ …As in Greek, a number of other languages also have entirely distinct terms for the active and passive roles in homosexual intercourse.” See also the discussion in G. D. Fee, First Corinthians (NICNT), 243-44. A number of modern translations have adopted the phrase “male prostitutes” for μαλακοί in 1 Cor 6:9 (NIV, NRSV, NLT) but this could be misunderstood by the modern reader to mean “males who sell their services to women,” while the term in question appears, at least in context, to relate to homosexual activity between males. Furthermore, it is far from certain that prostitution as commonly understood (the selling of sexual favors) is specified here, as opposed to a consensual relationship. Thus the translation “passive homosexual partners” has been used here.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting back to the OP subject -- which is not DeSantis -- why are so many people, including Christians, jumping on the bandwagon of hatred against transgenderism, LGBTQs, etc? Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and said nothing about transgenderism. Hatred of others is contrary to the clear teaching of both covenants.

Amen.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deu 22:5 - The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man,neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.