Folks are tired of a reformation and hunger for a transformation, which Acts 2:38 will provide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will, by faith, KNOW that my sins were remitted on Oct 7, 1979 at Apostolic Tabernacle when pastor Joe Arroyo baptized me by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my sins, and I left that night completely delivered from all of my vices to prove it's transforming power.

Excellent testimony!

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO you have decided to skip the New Testament. Your fixation on Acts 2:38 does not make all the other scriptures disappear. You can pretend it does but repeating Acts 2:38 is similar to some who hang their salvation strictly on John 3:16. Sooner or later you need to move from milk to solid food. I pray that you gain knowledge of the full word of God.
Acts 2:38 is the very first command by an Apostle to the NT.

You skipped the foundational verse to get attempt to get into the church....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

.....unfortunately, you were "added" a foreign, illegitimate way, other than Acts 2:38.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Officer Tatum has saw the light on Acts 2:38…

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is the very first command by an Apostle to the NT.

You skipped the foundational verse to get attempt to get into the church....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

.....unfortunately, you were "added" a foreign, illegitimate way, other than Acts 2:38.
I suspect that you have an issue with the Trinity also.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guessed as much. I'll pray for you. Best wishes.

Will you ask all three Gods to help me?

Pity Tex didn't stick around to give any scripture.
Might have been nice to see him do something other than parrot indoctrination.

Would have been interesting to see him address this...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pity Tex didn't stick around to give any scripture.
Might have been nice to see him do something other than parrot indoctrination.

Would have been interesting to see him address this...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
I suppose he thinks the trinity can give him a pass per remission of sins without obeying Accts 2:38?

I think not.

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose he thinks the trinity can give him a pass per remission of sins without obeying Accts 2:38?

I think not.

Amen! Remission of sin is found in baptism in Jesus name.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Remission of sin is found in baptism in Jesus name.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Amen...Plain and simple facts. Anyone that is right with God can see it. Those with a biased, closed mind that is spiritually corrupt cannot,

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true lamb is a hearer and doer of the Word . Thus if JESUS said to do , TO DO is written on their heart
if He said not to do , not to do is written upon their heart . Either we follow the SPIRIT or we follow the flesh .
But a middle ground, which most are under , does not exist . And on the day of the LORD
that ground is gonna sink and all who stood upon it , are gonna sink . Be destroyed .

Reactions: user and Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true lamb is a hearer and doer of the Word . Thus if JESUS said to do , TO DO is written on their heart
if He said not to do , not to do is written upon their heart . Either we follow the SPIRIT or we follow the flesh .
But a middle ground, which most are under , does not exist . And on the day of the LORD
that ground is gonna sink and all who stood upon it , are gonna sink . Be destroyed .
Amen my friend.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen my friend.

Reactions: amigo de christo

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amén mi amigo.

Reactions: amigo de christo

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question, what was the very first command from Peter to the sinners that killed Jesus...in the Bible?

Yes great question! And, here is the beginning of the N.T. church. Which, BTW, is the start for all N.T. saints entering in.
The epistles were written to the saints, which became saints through the book of Acts!
My question to you is why in the world do some folks think they can skip Acts and go straight to the epistles for the salvation plan?

The reformation has created quite the buffet table.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes great question! And, here is the beginning of the N.T. church. Which, BTW, is the start for all N.T. saints entering in.
The epistles were written to the saints, which became saints through the book of Acts!
My question to you is why in the world do some folks think they can skip Acts and go straight to the epistles for the salvation plan?

The reformation has created quite the buffet table.
Great question.

Why do "unsaved believers" skip Acts and tinker with the Epistles to attempt to created a faux salvation?

They are spiritually 51/50.

Or, they are duped.

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question.
Why do "unsaved believers" skip Acts and tinker with the Epistles to attempt to created a faux salvation?
They are spiritually 51/50.
Or, they are duped.

Amos wasn't part of the "in crowd". God called Moses from the backside of the desert. David was preparing for greatness all along, when he was tending to his father's sheep, and didn't even realize it. Jesus by-passed the synagogues full of self-righteous Pharisees, Sadducees and scribes to call what some may have thought was a rag tag team of misfits. But, I'll tell you what, they turned their world upside down for Christ.

If it isn't what was "born" in Jerusalem on the Day of Pentecost, Acts Chapter 2 - And, especially If one has to go "outside" the Bible to find it stated the way they believe it, then it is man's way, NOT GOD'S Way. It is merely "organized religion", LIKE A SACRED COW.

AND, there's LITERALLY THOUSANDS of them out there to choose from off the buffet table of "theology".

Maybe that is PRECISELY why those of us who once partook, but later turned from it, and started embracing the Apostles Doctrine, without fear, favor, apology OR compromise are sooooo despised and ridiculed cause we don't "follow the crowd". Hmmmm. Maybe so.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amos wasn't part of the "in crowd". God called Moses from the backside of the desert. David was preparing for greatness all along, when he was tending to his father's sheep, and didn't even realize it. Jesus by-passed the synagogues full of self-righteous Pharisees, Sadducees and scribes to call what some may have thought was a rag tag team of misfits. But, I'll tell you what, they turned their world upside down for Christ.

If it isn't what was "born" in Jerusalem on the Day of Pentecost, Acts Chapter 2 - And, especially If one has to go "outside" the Bible to find it stated the way they believe it, then it is man's way, NOT GOD'S Way. It is merely "organized religion", LIKE A SACRED COW.

AND, there's LITERALLY THOUSANDS of them out there to choose from off the buffet table of "theology".

Maybe that is PRECISELY why those of us who once partook, but later turned from it, and started embracing the Apostles Doctrine, without fear, favor, apology OR compromise are sooooo despised and ridiculed cause we don't "follow the crowd". Hmmmm. Maybe so.
Amen. The fact is, popular Christianity is not popular with God or the apostles. They all have some connection with the great whore of the book of Revelation and Christ will turn Rome into ashes at his return.
It is shocking of how Christians cannot shake the hook of the Catholic Church. It is deep inside their throat and they can’t seem to break loose from its grip’s(Trinity treble hook) . Anti-Acts 2:38 people are Roman Catholics in essence.
The Roman Catholic church debunked Acts 2:38 1700 years ago and these protestant daughters of hers continue to debunk it. They will all be sorry someday. I am 100% sure of that.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. The fact is, popular Christianity is not popular with God or the apostles. They all have some connection with the great whore of the book of Revelation and Christ will turn Rome into ashes at his return.
It is shocking of how Christians cannot shake the hook of the Catholic Church. It is deep inside their throat and they can’t seem to break loose from its grip’s(Trinity treble hook) . Anti-Acts 2:38 people are Roman Catholics in essence.
The Roman Catholic church debunked Acts 2:38 1700 years ago and these protestant daughters of hers continue to debunk it. They will all be sorry someday. I am 100% sure of that.

I agree the reformation took place, they kept key doctrine of the RCC, that makes them the daughters of the Mother Harlot in revelation which God will judge.